Feb 1 Update - 2009 Recruit Listing

Thanks for the update, Cap'n :wave: Your diligence is much appreciated. With all of the movement that is typical during the latter stages of recruiting, this type of an up-dated summary really comes in handy. Speaking of handy.....err hands........perhaps you should note that Phil Tonga has these --> Monster%20Hands3.gif

I wonder if this guy --> Link could possibly be Racer, I mean Mr. X?
I'm afraid to imagine what HIS hands look like. :blink:
If we got this guy and he actually played I would be really impressed. My guess is his hands would make the Tonganator's dukes look like they belonged on Shirley Temple and that is saying something cause we all know the Tonganator has M.H.

If we got this guy and he actually played I would be really impressed. My guess is his hands would make the Tonganator's dukes look like they belonged on Shirley Temple and that is saying something cause we all know the Tonganator has M.H.
:lol::lol::lol: Can you imagine BOTH of these guys playing as down linemen? They'd have to set up a good 2-3 yards ahead of the line of scrimmage for every play, otherwise their HANDS would be IMMEDIATELY offsides as they enterred a 3-point stance :D

For the record - I'm pretty ecstatic a 6' 4", 285lb Rivals 3-star DL is coming to UA. I would ask everyone to keep in mind this page is highly visible to everyone, including recruits. Please do your best to represent UA in the most positive light. Especially now.
I agree. To my knowledge, Tonga has open offers with Kansas State & Washington State.

For the record - I'm pretty ecstatic a 6' 4", 285lb Rivals 3-star DL is coming to UA. I would ask everyone to keep in mind this page is highly visible to everyone, including recruits. Please do your best to represent UA in the most positive light. Especially now.
I agree. To my knowledge, Tonga has open offers with Kansas State & Washington State.
I am also VERY happy to welcome Phil aboard, if he chooses to enroll here at UA. I would certainly hope that my silly comments/graphics are taken simply as a further extension of the "monster hands" running joke. I humbly apologize if this was taken in any other spirit.dreal1scout, I've kidded with you earlier about showing me a DUPLEX, so I think you know that this is all in good fun. I hope to meet you one day at a future Zip game, in Akron or on the road.

I would certainly hope that my silly comments/graphics are taken simply as a further extension of the "monster hands" running joke. I humbly apologize if this was taken in any other spirit.
I hope so too... if he choses to come here, and is okay with those images/graphics, Im totally going to use one as a poster when the kid starts playing... hahaha

I would certainly hope that my silly comments/graphics are taken simply as a further extension of the "monster hands" running joke. I humbly apologize if this was taken in any other spirit.
I hope so too... if he choses to come here, and is okay with those images/graphics, Im totally going to use one as a poster when the kid starts playing... hahaha
to JohnnyZip & UAZipsMan - I apologize. I felt somebody stole my thunder and it hurt.No Harm No Foul. Obviously I like the kid. But come Wednesday "the Tonganator" will hopefully become just a cog in the machine of a very strong roster of studs, affectionately known as the {new 2009 Akron ZIPS "MAC" Truck}, that I really beleive will crush Penn (or at least beat decisively) and go on to win the MAC conference and gain new respect with a victorious post-season bowl game. Just MHO. After all he does got those "monster hands". Ps – anyone in the near future thinking of making a home purchase, please contact me off the board. There are still plenty of good deals to be had! :cheers::champs:

to JohnnyZip & UAZipsMan - I apologize. I felt somebody stole my thunder and it hurt.No Harm No Foul. Obviously I like the kid. But come Wednesday "the Tonganator" will hopefully become just a cog in the machine of a very strong roster of studs, affectionately known as the {new 2009 Akron ZIPS "MAC" Truck}, that I really beleive will crush Penn (or at least beat decisively) and go on to win the MAC conference and gain new respect with a victorious post-season bowl game. Just MHO. After all he does got those "monster hands". Ps – anyone in the near future thinking of making a home purchase, please contact me off the board. There are still plenty of good deals to be had! :cheers::champs:
I am obviously missing something with the man hands things...Oh well. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I would have defintely gone with the more obvious one like this which I think might be more representative of how he plays. Tonganator Smash! :)And if the Mysterious X was Racer (rather than mister) Ithinkthepostmighthavelookedmorelikethis.dontyouthink?