More Random Thoughts

UAZip0510

I know numerous people have posted random thoughts from Saturday, but hey, why not? Here are mine after reflecting on Saturday's events:- I'm pretty sure the basketball team was in attendance for the game. Am I the only one that thinks it would've been cool to bring them out at some point and recognizing them, getting them a much-deserved standing ovation? - Time to stop with the whole "we are competing with Ohio State" thing for now...the argument kind of loses credibility when Indiana pretty much dominates us on our home turf. - Why is the Team Shop not open? I can only imagine how much $$$ UA is missing out on by not having it open...- The food service was much, much quicker today...looks like UA was better prepared for the crowds this time around. - We should've known it'd be a long day when that sniper took out Zippy. - One reason for lack of attendance - ticket prices. $20 for general admission? In this economy? Prices are the reason why my fiance and I will probably only attend one more home game this season. I know it's the first season at the new stadium, but $10 seems a bit more reasonable for a GA seat. - I'm starting to think Brookhart's days are numbered...and that he might have already been replaced if it wasn't for a Getsy-to-Hixon Hail-Mary a couple of years ago. - Cool to see Lebron at the game...his support of Akron will help us a lot going forward. Too bad he couldn't have suited up!- Pretty disappointed in the energy from the fans. It seems like the student sections were the only ones awake for most of the game. - Officiating was pretty poor...not that it would've changed the outcome, but it may have made things a bit closer. - Love the "Zips Fest"...you can feel the "college football atmosphere" before you even walk in the stadium. - Next week isn't a must-win, but it would be big to get some momentum back that was lost on Saturday. Here's hoping for a big win to kick off UA's MAC season.

- I'm pretty sure the basketball team was in attendance for the game. Am I the only one that thinks it would've been cool to bring them out at some point and recognizing them, getting them a much-deserved standing ovation? - Cool to see Lebron at the game...his support of Akron will help us a lot going forward. Too bad he couldn't have suited up!
The basketball team was there - pretty much all of them. I was walking in behind a really tall kid and thinking he should be playing with them. It was Mike Bardo. I think a little recognition would have been good too, especially since they were advertising season tickets.Was kind of cool having LeBron there. He was also at the Cowboys-Giants game this evening. Must be good to be the King. Speaking of that game since it was the nationally televised Sunday night game, I did enjoy seeing two Zips players starting and saying "Akron" as their school. I would bet two Zips introducing themselves to a national TV audience because they were in the starting lineup has never happened before.

- I'm pretty sure the basketball team was in attendance for the game. Am I the only one that thinks it would've been cool to bring them out at some point and recognizing them, getting them a much-deserved standing ovation? - Cool to see Lebron at the game...his support of Akron will help us a lot going forward. Too bad he couldn't have suited up!
The basketball team was there - pretty much all of them. I was walking in behind a really tall kid and thinking he should be playing with them. It was Mike Bardo. I think a little recognition would have been good too, especially since they were advertising season tickets.Was kind of cool having LeBron there. He was also at the Cowboys-Giants game this evening. Must be good to be the King. Speaking of that game since it was the nationally televised Sunday night game, I did enjoy seeing two Zips players starting and saying "Akron" as their school. I would bet two Zips introducing themselves to a national TV audience because they were in the starting lineup has never happened before.
Forgive me, but I am having trouble with the second Zip. I know Hixon, of course. Is Chase Blackburn starting for the Giants now, too?