Zips Golf Outing

GP1

Sorry I can't make this smaller. There was a map attached, but I wasn't sure how to copy and paste it. I'm sure it will be posted on GoZips.com in the very near future. Please support the Zips and have fun.

Zips Alumni and Friends,

As we begin our efforts toward building a championship program at The University of Akron, we continue to need your support. This year’s Summer Jamboree golf outing will be held June 11th at The Quarry Golf Club in Canton, Ohio. Registration is set to begin at 11:00 a.m. and the shotgun start will take place at noon. Dinner and awards festivities will follow the golf outing at 5:00 p.m

By registering, you will have hours of fun with fellow Akron alumni, teammates, and friends, playing 18 holes on one of the best golf courses in Ohio. Remember, this event is open to alumni and the public, so get your foursomes together early.

There are many ways to participate, from golfing as an individual to taking advantage of the variety of sponsorship levels available for this event, there is something for everyone. Please consider what you can do to help the Akron Football program. If you cannot attend on June 11th, please consider making a gift to the football enhancement fund.

The support we receive from alumni and fans of Zips Football will aid us in our quest to be Mid-American Conference Champions. I look forward to seeing you at this tremendous event. Please do not hesitate to contact Anthony Henderson, Director of Athletic Development, at 330.972.7117 with any questions.

Fear the DADGUM Roo and Go Zips!

Terry Bowden

Head Football Coach

The Quarry Golf Club

The Quarry, situated just minutes from Downtown Canton, is a unique target-style golf course. It is built on an old quarry dating back to the 1800’s. The terrain consists of natural waste areas, 100 foot plus cliffs, streams, and deep water lakes. These unforgettable land features wind through and around each hole, giving them their own unique identity.

Although a quarry site, the course is predominantly wooded with many tree-lined fairways. The course features bent grass tees, greens and fairways framed by rock outcroppings and native grasses. Several tee shots are visually intimidating, but do not be deceived – the landing areas are much more generous than they appear. Five sets of tees will enable golfers of all skill levels to enjoy incredible scenic vistas throughout the golf course.

For any questions or concerns in regards to The Quarry Golf Club please call 330.488.3178

Sponsorship / Participation Levels

Tournament Sponsor (One Available) $10,000.00*

Includes four foursomes with pairing of a member of the Zips Coaching staff, logo on all tournament signage and gifts, and a trip for two to Miami, Florida to watch your Akron Zips take on the Florida International Panthers – September 7 – 9, 2012.

Premium Sponsor (Four Available) $5,000.00*

Includes two foursomes with pairing of a member of the Zips Coaching Staff, logo on all tournament signage, gift of your choice for tee prize packages and trip for two to Knoxville, Tennessee to watch your Zips take on the Tennessee Volunteers – September 21 – 23, 2012.

Beverage Cart Sponsor (Six available) $2,500.00*

Includes one foursome with pairing of a member of the Zips Coaching Staff or Athletic Department, logo on all tournament signage, gift of your choice for tee prize packages and two sideline passes for the home opener to see your Zips take on the University of Central Florida Knights – August 30, 2012

Corporate Sponsor $800.00*

Includes on foursome and signage at a designated hole

Hole Sponsor $250.00

Includes signage at a designated hole and tee prize package

Zips Football Alumni Golfer $100.00

Includes golf, range, cart, lunch, on-course beverages, tee prize package and dinner

(Must be a Varsity “A” Member. Cost for Non-Varsity “A” Members will be $130 which will include payment of your Varsity “A” Membership for one year)

Golfer $150.00

Includes golf, range, cart, lunch, on-course beverages, tee prize package and dinner

Dinner Only $35.00

*All Sponsorship includes dinner, exclusive Zips gifts and tournament recognition.

Schedule of Events

Monday, June 11, 2012

11:00 a.m. Registration & Driving Range

Noon Shotgun Start

5:00 p.m. Dinner & Awards

Reservation Form (please check one of the options below)

o Tournament Sponsor $10,000.00

o Premium Sponsor $5,000.00

o Beverage Cart Sponsor $2,500.00

o Corporate Sponsor $800.00

o Hole Sponsor $250.00

o Zips Football Alumni Golfer – Varsity “A” Member

o I have a foursome $400.00

o Please put me in a foursome $100.00

o Zips Football Alumni Golfer – Non Varsity “A” Member

o I have a foursome $520.00

o Please put me in a foursome $130.00

o Golfer

o I have a foursome $600.00

o Please put me in a foursome $150.00

o Dinner Only $35.00

o I cannot attend, but would like to make a contribution $_________

Total: $_________

Name:_____________________​__________________________​___________________

Company Name:_____________________​__________________________​__________

Address:__________________​__________________________​____________________

City:_____________________​__________ State: ______________Zip:________​_____

Home Phone:____________________​__________ Cell Phone:____________________

Fax Number:___________________​____________ Email Address:__________________​_______

Zips Football Alumni: Yes No

If so, what years did you compete:__________________​__________________________​_______

Hole Signage: (Please print clearly)

Line 1:________________________​__________________________​_____________________

Line 2:________________________​__________________________​_____________________

Line 3:________________________​__________________________​_____________________

Golf Foursome:

Name: _____________________Shirt​ Size:_______

Name:____________________ Shirt Size:_______

Name: _____________________Shirt​ Size _______

Name:____________________ Shirt Size:_______

Method of Payment

Cash Check Visa Mastercard Discover

Credit Card #_________________________​_______________________

Exp. Date______________

Signature_________________​__________________________​___________________

All checks should be made payable to: The University of Akron.

Send this form to:

Anthony Henderson

Director, Athletic Development

The University of Akron

Rhodes Arena; Suite 83H

Akron, OH 44325-5201

Phone 330.972.7117

Fax 330.374.8844

Email ahender@uakron.edu