All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. HS/JUCO DEs: BOWLING GREEN - Martreece Dillard AKRON - Tristen Graham MIAMI - Javon Hammonds TOLEDO - Cameron Gwinn AKRON - Jahvon Frazier Transfer DEs: WESTERN MICHIGAN - Popeye Williams WESTERN MICHIGAN - Rodney McGraw EASTERN MICHIGAN - Jefferson Adam OHIO - Ben McNaboe BALL STATE - Riley Tolsma 2023 DEs and how they fared: 1) EASTERN MICHIGAN - Messiah Blair = N/A Redshirted. 2) BUFFALO - Dion Crawford = 29 Tackles. Moved to linebacker. 3) BOWLING GREEN - Alijah Williams = N/A Redshirted. 4) AKRON - Kam Cheatom = 2 Tackles and Redshirted. 5) BUFFALO - Devonyal Lofton (JUCO) = 19 Tackles and 1 Sack. Who I may have missed on: AKRON - CJ Nunnally (JUCO) = Nunnally signed after this list was completed last year. 65 Tackles and 7 Sacks.
  3. Today
  4. At most - half. Most MAC programs have their top 2-3 producers from last season in the Portal. I doubt those guys are being told they won't have guaranteed playing time or a spot on the roster next season. To deliver a shock and awe effect with his tweets, that Tyler fellow would be better off driving into the production of the players in the Portal instead of the quantity. 46 players sounds like a lot, and it technically is, but it leaves the door open for questions like yours, 1981 - "how many are told to leave?" "60% of the MAC's total points scored in the 2023-24 season have entered the transfer portal. An additional 20% of the total points will have graduated, leaving only 20% of the total scoring production returning at this point next season." Those numbers aren't real, but they're probably not far off from the truth and really hammer home how much the MAC has seemingly lost so far. Will some in the portal currently return to their initial MAC school? Probably - one already has for WMU. But most will find new chairs to sit in during this wild game of Musical Chairs.
  5. What percentage of these players is the coach telling them they have no future in the program and being forced to leave? I think Garvin Clarke went to a division 3 program after leaving Akron. Maybe some of the transfer will be going down a division.
  6. Majority of them, no. But I wonder if bridges are burned for most.
  7. Has the MAC officially lost any of these guys yet? A good number may leave, but I suspect a decent amount of these guys realize they don't have the NIL value they think they do and come back
  8. Yesterday
  9. BG loses it's top scorer. Their top 8 players in MPG last season are gone via graduation or the portal.
  10. Don't think Mayo is coming to Akron...
  11. I thought Zip nation would find this interesting to learn more about UMASS joining the conference.
  12. I would think he’ll get some P6 offers but Groce getting him would definitely be amazing!
  13. Since D’Antoni is out at Marshall. I wonder if Fulford is being considered as a candidate. Or with some of the smaller colleges having HC openings. Should we expect changes to the coaching staff
  14. Good point. It's a huge gamble and one he doesn't need to make at this point in his career. He shouldn't kill a bright future there. Nobody recovers. With the exception of KD, look at this list of failures and their bad jobs after Duquesne. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Duquesne_Dukes_men's_basketball_head_coaches
  15. This was probably the toughest poll. We've been blessed with good PF.
  16. Indeed. The logic makes sense, but big gamble for both AD and Dru.
  17. After this 45 million dollar renovation, what will Polsky be used for? When I was on campus 93-96, I only had a vague notion of what was there. Personally, I only entered Polsky twice to meet with the international exchange program coordinator.
  18. I would imagine it's more about trying to keep the ball rolling and build on their success. If they go out and try to bring in an external candidate, the bulk of their players likely transfer and they have a 'year 0' with a complete rebuild.
  19. Quaker was an investment without a plan. Complete waste of money. Example of the mania of Proenza's later years. Another was overspending on InfoCision. The Big 10 caliber tower could have been built for $20M less and still more than served its function.
  20. Plus the reduction in HC salary will help with their athletics budget.
  21. I saw him at the Creighton game. He looked pretty dejected!
  22. I posted on December 18th after watching their game with Bradley that Dru was obviously the front runner for the job and it still appears to be true. It took all of 15 seconds of watching the Dukes to realize it. Dru's been KD's associate head coach since May of 2022. Does he have an extensive resume, no, but he's been a major part of that team's success since he arrived so it's not a stretch that he'll get the job. Nor is he going to turn it down and this has obviously been KD's plan since his brought him here and KD's credibility with the Duquesne administration has only been bolstered by their recent run.
  23. I voted 1. Freeman 2. Wood 3. Romeo Honorable Mention: Tree
  24. ClevelandZip (from UA News thread) Posted February 3 https://signalakron.org/wonder-bread-building-university-akron-demolished/ I thought this was an interesting article. UA is demolishing the old Akron Baking/Wonder Bread building. It is also planning on demolishing other buildings and selling off ones that can be salvaged. The article specifically says UA is trying to sell Quaker Square (which is not unexpected). A preservationist is quoted in the article saying that preserving Quaker Square, the Central Hower Auditorium, and the Martin building are his priorities. -------------------- One can only assume UA will get all the blame from John Q. Public if QS is sold and gets torn down. If anyone should be responsible for its preservation it's the Quaker Oats Co. It would make a great company museum and gift shop.
  25. I would LOVE Zeke Mayo. You could tell Groce loved him when we faced him both years. I just wonder if he liked us as well when he came to Akron last year
  26. They won 9 straight before losing to Illinois and had won 16 of their last 19. They had a good team this year that got hit hard by injuries that resulted in a brutal month where they went 1-6. I think your concerns about them staying at the top are warranted, but this wasn't a .500 team that got hot for a few games in March (Ex: Kent).
  1. Load more activity