All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Anybody remember that promo pic of the basketball team in the weight room from 3 or 4 years ago where they all looked more muscled than the football team?
  3. That's the total of contributions for all UA sports teams. Basketball is now $9,385 from 33 donors. Their goal was $25K. Baseball, soccer, women's basketball, swimming and diving, track and field and spirit team have outraised men's basketball (and football). 😬
  4. Today
  5. Coach Kowalchoke can't win in Cleveland so he's trying to grab from a programs that have (albeit several years ago). Second MAC transfer. Bold strategy, Cotton.
  6. Maddox Jr headed to Xavier. Balls lands the water boy from Kentucky as theirs has hit the Portal.
  7. Comparing anyone to DJ Burns isn't exactly fair. 😉
  8. Yes the strength and conditioning director left U of A for a position at Wadsworth high school. He did his best work with the soccer team.In MAC basketball he was serviceable. I attended the NCAA basketball tournament in Pittsburgh the other schools were way more physically developed than Akron.So donations are needed.
  9. Zips baseball may not win, but apparently they can fund-raise?
  10. If you want a good laugh, think about this. Kowalchoke has had the following players in recent years... - RayJ Dennis (Baylor starting PG now) - Dante Maddox Jr (about to be a P6 player) - Ra'Heim Moss (I believe he is also going P6) - Tyler Cochran (consistent All MAC player) Now think about all of Toledo's success in March. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  11. OL from Monmouth with 2 years remaining. Not sure what happened in 2023, but he was a starter at LT in 2022.
  12. Sorry Roo...yes, typo on my part, they AREN'T thrilled with the current staff. My bad...sorry for the delay in response, got to go to the Masters this year! Woo Hoo!
  13. Yes, the day of giving has been going on long before NIL was a thing. It goes towards the University to fund the athletic programs. The University doesn't pay for NIL.
  14. I really hope he can be a big scoring threat for us. Similar to guys like LCJ or Castanada. We need a legit guard who can put up big points if we want any chance to make a run in the tournament. Even with Freeman last season, I think not getting enough offense from our guards held us back.
  15. The Basketball Tournament just signed a nice TV rights deal with FOX. LCJ responded with this when asked when the Zips will have a team. 👀
  16. https://x.com/ZipsMBB/status/1780714869517607166?t=PruLmPog7BbkyXMBreriDA&s=09
  17. https://twitter.com/AkronZips/status/1780916320856371481?t=MfQijOhXv4f2-ogoiWfGQw&s=19
  18. If I'm not mistaken Freeman was also a 'transfer' albeit academic ... pretty sure he came from Tiffin first.
  19. Do you guys realize that the end of the Zips season against Creighton was almost a month ago! I think it's a strong indication of out excitement with the program that we're still actively on here discussing the team. Usually at this point the board has nearly shut down for the year. I believe it's the day of giving for UA. Go give Groce some money and help Bud Wentz out!
  1. Load more activity