All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Woo hoo! I've been looking for a 6' 3", 300 pounder to appear in the recruiting forum for a couple months! Merry Christmas to us! My season Wins prediction just jumped by 2. He's just what we needed!
  3. Today
  4. FYI - looks like he will actually be on the team in 2019. I just started watching Last Chance U last night. Will have to keep an eye out for him.
  5. I’m on my phone so can’t post the tweet, but it looks like we’ve received another verbal commit & I’m pretty excited about this one. John Mitchell @BossMoneyy_ 6-3, 300, 3-star DT from Independence CC
  6. Be interesting to see depth chart, i agree we have a lot of depth, we run a 3 wide pro style offense, have 4 wide & 5 wide packages but this is what I’ve seen x Slot. Z jonah morris. Dre Williams. Nate Stewart’s dustin Burkhart. Boogie night. Julian Hicks scippio & McGriff finish 8 man rotation different formations have different personel
  7. FWIW, the RB’s all went together as a unit to see The Lion King & he was with them.
  8. It should be a good boost to the local economy. It's suppose to bring 1500 jobs to Akron with all 1500 employees making at least $15/hr. Also, Amazon does offer programs to help pay for employees higher education so it may lead to a small uptick in Akron's part-time student enrollment. All-in-all I'd say this should be more beneficial to the local economy than a Community College would have been.
  9. A little surprising to see Brandon Lee listed as a WR? We're really thin at RB this year, and he looked pretty good in the backfield during the spring.
  10. Well, it was a thought. I guess Akron folk will be getting their Amazon stuff really quick now. Maybe by drone? https://www.cleveland.com/business/2019/07/amazon-to-open-fulfillment-center-at-former-rolling-acres-mall-in-akron.html
  11. These are the OOC games I've heard of so far. I'm not sure if the list is 100% accurate. In total it's either 10 or 11 games depending how many games we play as part of the "Battle of the Capital" tournament. This means there is still somewhere between 2-3 games left TBD. Of those I'd expect one to be some random NAIA team. @WVU Cleveland State (not sure where the coaches vs. cancer game will be played this year) @Marshall UMass @Louisville YSU N.C. Central USC Upstate Akron's also participating in the Battle for the Capital, which is a 4 team tournament. The field includes Liberty, Towson, Tulane, and obviously Akron so we're likely playing at least 2 of those team, maybe all 3.
  12. Surprised (and pleased) to get the mail about my season ticket renewal and learn that the GA season ticket is still only $60. That's the best deal in town. I do, however, reserve the right to b!+ch like I have $600 seats.
  13. or greyshirting like Tree, Harney, and (I believe) Ivey did.
  14. The top 5 are all upperclassmen though. Dre Williams Jonah Morris Boogie Knight Nate Stewart Julian Hicks It will be interesting to see how much Scippio has improved. Likewise, has MJ McGriff been hitting the JUGS machine?
  15. I suppose it's possible 1 or 2 of the "incoming freshmen" are going to play at a prep school for a year.
  16. I think that's as good a guess as any. This situation is new territory for me as well. Can a player use an academic scholarship during his sit out year?
  17. Yeah, but 90% of them are freshman! Also stacked at P/PK Lets hope we can find one...its been too long!
  18. We are ridiculously stacked at WR.
  19. 2019 roster is up 37 freshman, and unlike recent years, a picture for all
  20. Yesterday
  1. Load more activity