All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks. I like that idea. I will have to pay more attention for those events.
  3. Today
  4. No, they've had some open pre-season events in recent years. Also, we see clips through the Zips sites. The last one was right before they left for their pre-season play. They had a breakfast for fans, followed by a practice then a send off.
  5. I agree, but tell me more about watching a Zips practice. Do I need to be a member of the Summit Group?
  6. Other than a kid coming off of an injury like Nate was late in the season, I don't see any Akron kids looking winded or struggling with their hands on their knees. Watch a Zips practice and you'll see Groce working their ***es off. They're not less muscular or physical than their MAC counterparts. Their rebounding and defensive stats are evidence of this.
  7. you may want to email Coach Groce and ask him why the Zips aren't more developed.
  8. Mr.Campbell, oversees all aspects of the strength and conditioning program servicing all 17 intercollegiate sports while working directly with the men’s soccer and men’s basketball programs. He also manages three athletics’ weight rooms. Also the NCAA tests for steroids, peptide hormones and masking agents year-round and also tests for stimulants and recreational drugs during championships.
  9. per today's ABJ, central hower and the bread factory site are possibilities for the new city police HQ. I did not know who the current Akron mayor was prior to seeing this article.
  10. I look at some of these teams/players and have to wonder if steroids are involved. And if so, how prevalent is it across college basketball?
  11. Yesterday
  12. Not one Zip is out of shape. under 15% body fat. And I don't think Campbell has been working with the basketball team for last few years.
  13. Likely most of the continuing donors don't wait until the day of giving to "give." they give throughout the year or maybe in a big chunk at end of year.
  14. The results of this Day of Giving are skewed. No contributions to any sports NIL collective are counted. No membership in the Summit Group ($25,000 committed over five years) are counted. The results are not a dire as would be surmised on first inspection. Would we like to see more from the general public? Absolutely yes! But things need to be taken in perspective.
  15. That makes more sense. I was thinking no way all those new donors donated in such a short span.
  16. Anybody remember that promo pic of the basketball team in the weight room from 3 or 4 years ago where they all looked more muscled than the football team?
  17. That's the total of contributions for all UA sports teams. Basketball is now $9,385 from 33 donors. Their goal was $25K. Baseball, soccer, women's basketball, swimming and diving, track and field and spirit team have outraised men's basketball (and football). 😬
  18. Coach Kowalchoke can't win in Cleveland so he's trying to grab from a programs that have (albeit several years ago). Second MAC transfer. Bold strategy, Cotton.
  19. Maddox Jr headed to Xavier. Balls lands the water boy from Kentucky as theirs has hit the Portal.
  20. Comparing anyone to DJ Burns isn't exactly fair. 😉
  21. Yes the strength and conditioning director left U of A for a position at Wadsworth high school. He did his best work with the soccer team.In MAC basketball he was serviceable. I attended the NCAA basketball tournament in Pittsburgh the other schools were way more physically developed than Akron.So donations are needed.
  22. Zips baseball may not win, but apparently they can fund-raise?
  1. Load more activity