Bizarre, Rambling Take on Akron/K.e.n.t.

Carducci is a hack. I love reading his "insider" posts on the Can't board. He's the biggest Can't homer I've ever seen and even he can't muster an ounce of enthusiasm over this game. Wonder why? Couldn't be because his team is a pathetic piece of rubble with no hope for short term or long term improvement? Heck their board has barely a mention of this game. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more Blue and Gold in the stands tomorow than Piss Yellow.

Carducci is a hack. I love reading his "insider" posts on the Can't board. He's the biggest Can't homer I've ever seen and even he can't muster an ounce of enthusiasm over this game. Wonder why? Couldn't be because his team is a pathetic piece of rubble with no hope for short term or long term improvement? Heck their board has barely a mention of this game. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more Blue and Gold in the stands tomorow than Piss Yellow.
Akron student tickets are sold out. They were selling general admission tickets to students when I was there. Zips will be highly represented.All I can say is wow. With fans like that who needs a rival? And seriously, why do they even bother with football anymore? Carducci does not have to include us in his pity party either.

Akron student tickets are sold out. They were selling general admission tickets to students when I was there. Zips will be highly represented.All I can say is wow. With fans like that who needs a rival? And seriously, why do they even bother with football anymore? Carducci does not have to include us in his pity party either.
I'll take a rivalry with Pitt or Cinci over that. Let 'em move down to 1-AA.

Sorry if I take this on a tangent, but I've been wondering: If we continue to improve, and do (please god) move on to a bigger better conference (cough-bigeast-cough)... and Can't State continues to decline... do we keep playing these bums?After awhile, doesn't playing them just validate them and make us look bad. We've beaten them, what, like 9 of the last 11 years? What if that continues? How long do we hold on to a rivalry as it dies with no hope in sight before we just take the wagon wheel and go home, or do we do that at all?

I do care about the game. I love college football and as a writer covering the sport locally, I 'd like to see one or both of these struggling programs find a way to start playing competitive football week in and week out, fix their on and off-the-field issues and eventually represent the region for a Mid-American Conference championship.
Someone should tell this #@^%&$# that the Zips did win a MAC football championship in 2005. :blink:

I do care about the game. I love Can't and as a writer covering Can't, I 'd like to see Can't find a way to start playing competitive football week in and week out, fix their on and off-the-field issues and eventually represent the region for a Mid-American Conference championship.
Someone should tell this #@^%&$# that the Zips did win a MAC football championship in 2005. :blink:
Can I be the editor for the Recordpub???

I do care about the game. I love Can't and as a writer covering Can't, I 'd like to see Can't find a way to start playing competitive football week in and week out, fix their on and off-the-field issues and eventually represent the region for a Mid-American Conference championship.
Can I be the editor for the Recordpub???
You're overqualified.

I've had the unfortunate experience to read this guy's stuff in the past.I wonder if he has ever attended J-school? His pros are pitiful. His objectivity - nonexistent. A shameless homer.He just doesn't get it. This op-ed reads like it is written for a high school paper. A very thin, not well-thought-out hook for a column.Get used to the R-C Dave. I don't think the New York Times or even the Canton Repository are in your future.I think the pressure has gotten to him.My goodness, the hype around the Can't-Akron game has got him down.Put your ear close to the computer screen Dave. I have some advice for you, "IT'S ONLY A GAME."If you can't take it anymore, ask your editor to change your beat. But wait, if you can't take the negativity of a football rivalry, how will you handle covering a a homicide in Shalersville?Gees-- what a moron. :nutkick:

Sorry if I take this on a tangent, but I've been wondering: If we continue to improve, and do (please god) move on to a bigger better conference (cough-bigeast-cough)... and Can't State continues to decline... do we keep playing these bums?After awhile, doesn't playing them just validate them and make us look bad. We've beaten them, what, like 9 of the last 11 years? What if that continues? How long do we hold on to a rivalry as it dies with no hope in sight before we just take the wagon wheel and go home, or do we do that at all?
They can be our warmup game to start the season!