Hard Hat Huddle Picture Thread

bUAkronG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DSC04437.jpgWhen will the sagebrush be replaced with sod?Is this where the Visitor students sit? ;)
I was wondering if that was going to be how we started to connect with recruits from the Southwest. :wave::wave:
I was worried it was going to be the "grassy knoll". Thank goodness Dennis Kennedy is no longer with the team. ;)

DSC04437.jpgWhen will the sagebrush be replaced with sod?Is this where the Visitor students sit? ;)
Maybe this is like the whole outback kind of theme? make zippy feel at home.
This is where they're adding a real kangaroo environment... Looks like the Outback... Real Kangaroos at the Infocision for opening weekend...

Is the scoreboard finished?There are empty spots on both sides of the Summa Field sign and the sides are open.
It's not quite finished. Only the center part of the LED ribbonboard is installed.
Great to hear. Thanks. I am already pretty underwhelmed with the scoreboard. Glad to know that part will be better at least.

Since we all took the same tour, I would suggest only adding "unique" photos to this thread that aren't already posted.Photo of the scoreboard, check, photo of the grass, check, photo of the lights, check, photo from the 50 yard line, check...you get the idea.I tried to take a photo of the elevator in the much discussed North buildings, but it didn't come out. Too many reflections. If you have a photo of that,I think the out of state people might like to see that. I saw MANY enthusiastic fans with there cameras last night! If anybody got to tour the upper levelsand took photos, don't hold back, let's see 'em.

Please don't kill me for saying this and I am not complaining but I do feel the South-scoreboard end looks a bit barren. That end of the stadium is wide wide open and there really is no significant backdrop, i.e tall trees or buildings, I wonder if the have any plans to "fill" in that area or spice it up a bit, aesthetically it is a bit challenged especially compared to the North end.gallery_2_33_254433.jpg

Maybe this is like the whole outback kind of theme? make zippy feel at home.
This is where they're adding a real kangaroo environment... Looks like the Outback... Real Kangaroos at the Infocision for opening weekend...
Now THAT's a great idea. And maybe the Outback restaurant could pay us big money to have their sign placed there.

Please don't kill me for saying this and I am not complaining but I do feel the South-scoreboard end looks a bit barren. That end of the stadium is wide wide open and there really is no significant backdrop, i.e tall trees or buildings, I wonder if the have any plans to "fill" in that area or spice it up a bit, aesthetically it is a bit challenged especially compared to the North end.gallery_2_33_254433.jpg
Perhaps it's a blessing that we'll be able to view the picturesque area south of Exchange during our game day experience. I think it will look fine if people actually sit there.

The area behind it is still under construction and I don't think anything has been done with it yet.I would expect to see some sort of landscaping (trees) eventually. When we drove by it last night on Exchange I thought thatit would be a pretty good way to "realize" there is a game going on by being able to see into the field from Exchange.infocision.jpg