Recruiting Class of 2011

While Rossi had to sit out the Big 33, Tyler Williams tore it up, rushing for over 100 yards.

PD coverage with some nice things to say about Williams. He's really played well in these all-star games. His quickness appears to standout in particular, but it's also nice to hear about his ability to catch the ball downfield. I'm excited to see him in the fall. I think we may have found our punt returner for the next 4 years. :thumb:

This kid is going to tear apart MAC defenses. He looks like Peter Warrick when he was at FSU except he is way faster.

It'll be interesting to see if he's Garret Wolfe...a little guy with the body type to take a pounding. Or Eugene Jarvis...little guy who couldn't take the pounding.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Rossi had to sit out the Big 33, Tyler Williams tore it up, rushing for over 100 yards.

PD coverage with some nice things to say about Williams. He's really played well in these all-star games. His quickness appears to standout in particular, but it's also nice to hear about his ability to catch the ball downfield. I'm excited to see him in the fall. I think we may have found our punt returner for the next 4 years. :thumb:

This kid is going to tear apart MAC defenses. He looks like Peter Warrick when he was at FSU except he is way faster.

It'll be interesting to see if he's Garret Wolfe...a little guy with the body type to take a pounding. Or Eugene Jarvis...little guy who couldn't take the pounding.

I hate using this "cliche" term, but I see Williams as more of a "slash" type player as opposed to an every down back like Wolfe and Jarvis. He seems to bring a more varied skill set to the field than either of these guys. It's hard for me to see him NOT getting PT as a true FR both at punt returner and at slot receiver. He'd be a great wildcat QB as well, with the added threat of a pass every now and then out of this formation to keep the D honest.

I cannot wait to see Tyler Williams play in person. Hopefully, he will stay healthy and I pray that the coaching staff utilizes his skills in the most productive ways possible. He could turn out to be the playmaker we all have been looking for. He is very small, but then again, so is Matt Brown (shorter and thicker, but small nonetheless) and he has fared pretty well in the MAC. Come to think of it, Matt Brown has been healthier than Bernard Pierce. Really excited to see the guys who weren't here for spring ball.

Let's go Zips!

• 2 weeks later...