Darren Mattocks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the MLS writers has Luke Holmes going 26 to the Columbus Crew, imagine that!! http://www.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2012/n...2012-mock-draft

If Columbus wants to start selling tickets in Northeast Ohio, they need to start bringing in Akron players.

I've told them that every time they've called me trying to sell tickets. :D

Channel 3 ended their 6 pm news broadcast with the story of Darren Mattocks being drafted today. They had a nice graphic with Darren's accomplishments over the past 2 seasons including his 39 goals and repeated several times that he went #2 overall. They also had a clip of his interview at the draft, gave accolades to UA Soccer and then joked about measuring snow tonight using a vuvuzela. It was an excellent story and not just a mere mention. Thanks Jim Donovan and WKYC!

Draft Analysis on MLSSoccer.com

Montreal Impact (4) – The Impact came into the draft lacking one thing: speed up top. They came out of the draft lacking one thing: speed up top. Andrew Wenger could possibly be a guy you build a defense around, but nobody’s really sure what his best spot is. That could mean he’s the next Geoff Cameron, but it could also mean he’s the next Blake Camp. And Calum Mallace could provide nice depth at defensive midfielder, but will he really get off the bench?

Vancouver Whitecaps (9) – Consensus was that Darren Mattocks was the most exciting draft prospect since Steve Zakuani. And he fell right into Martin Rennie’s lap, giving the Scotsman a perfect fit for the right side of the 4-3-3. Versatile fullback Chris Estridge makes this a transformative draft for the ‘Caps.

Here is Darren's first interview as a professional. http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2012/01/12/...select-mattocks

Not sure why but I was laughing the whole time. I think it was the way he was awkwardly looking at the camera. He's probably just really excited about today, I know I would be if I were him.

love the last answer. swag.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...