RPI

skip-zip

Valpo is 12-7 and have beat 3 MAC teams.

Duquesne is 11-7 and don't have a bad loss that stands out.

WVU is 13-5 worst loss is to Can't

MTU is 17-2 and have thumped everyone they have played including UCLA by 20.

CSU is 15-4 worst loss is to YSU

VCU is 13-5 who we are all familiar with.

Comined record of our opponents who have beaten us is 81-30. So who does ESPN consider as our bad loss? I have to go with Valpo.

The Dukes lost to Valpo by 16 and Western Michigan by 14. Both have to be pretty close to the "bad loss neighborhood". If we don't consider margin of victory, then the MTSU loss is unquestionably "off the board". But even under those rules, I can't see much difference between Duquesne and Valpo (especially given the head-to-head pounding administered by the Crusaders). My conclusion? This is an odd, perhaps not well investigated, comment from the ESPN writer. I just don't see a solitary loss that stands out as being far more harmful than the others (to prestige, RPI etc.).

Duquesne is not that far behind the Zips in RPI, and Valpo isn't that far behind Duquesne. And those two losses were by just 5 to Duquesne on a neutral court and by 3 to Valpo on their home court. I don't see how one of those losses is so much worse than the other.

Points-wise, there were two bad losses -- by 24 to MTSU and by 21 to WVU. WVU has a much better RPI than UA, but MTSU is currently a few spots behind the Zips in RPI.

I'm guessing the 24-point loss to a team with a slightly worse RPI than the Zips is the one being considered "bad."

Cowlumbus would be way too good to be possible. I believe that Portland, Oregon, is the furthest site from Akron, so that's where I'd expect the Zips to end up if they win the MAC tournament.

Been there, done that in 2009. It's a long flight.

If the Zips were to wind up at a site that's even close to being drivable, I would be shocked.

Valpo is 12-7 and have beat 3 MAC teams.

Duquesne is 11-7 and don't have a bad loss that stands out.

WVU is 13-5 worst loss is to Can't

MTU is 17-2 and have thumped everyone they have played including UCLA by 20.

CSU is 15-4 worst loss is to YSU

VCU is 13-5 who we are all familiar with.

Comined record of our opponents who have beaten us is 81-30. So who does ESPN consider as our bad loss? I have to go with Valpo.

I'm just figuring that they are referring to Valpo since they are the lowest ranked team that we've lost to.