2013 offers

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get very excited about recruits. But man Chavas Rawlins should be our #1 target in this draft class. He's got offers from BIG schools and his 40 time is only .02 seconds slower than RG3. Just something about a dual-treat QB means exciting and fast paced football. Something that's been lacking at Akron for quite some time.

I don't get very excited about recruits. But man Chavas Rawlins should be our #1 target in this draft class. He's got offers from BIG schools and his 40 time is only .02 seconds slower than RG3. Just something about a dual-treat QB means exciting and fast paced football. Something that's been lacking at Akron for quite some time.

You can't win in the MAC without a great QB.

• 1 month later...
^^^ I hate how they say Uniontown, OH because Green is a City in and of it self. Oh well. The OHSAA site and Gozips.com lists Green as Uniontown. Who knows? :thumb:

I'm a little nervous that they offered Christian so early. Good for him but really he is a big kid that times doesn't have very much control of his body. I don't know how many times this past season he would be literally 1 foot away from sacking the QB and then would run right by him. Tons oof missed tackles. On offense had many missed catches that hit him in the chest. I'm sure his highlights and physical stats show otherwise but I was not very impressed with him. IMO

Don't quit your day job. ;)

Green's DiLaurio orally commits to Illinois for football

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
That doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy for how recruiting is going.

Why?!

Jesus...they're ranked #1, and putting up video game-like numbers offensively. Their style seems like a perfect fit for Bowden's system.

We're competitive this year because of guys like Magnum, Commack, Williams, Hines...1-year pick ups. We'll still need some mature guys to keep things rolling in 2013.

Why?!

Jesus...their ranked #1, and putting up video game-like numbers offensively. Their style seems like a perfect fit for Bowden's system.

We're competitive this year because of guys like Magnum, Commack, Williams, Hines...1-year pick ups. We'll still need some mature guys to keep things rolling in 2013.

And we are also getting valuable playing time from freshman like Andrew Pratt, Conner Hundley, Amani Davis, etc.... I have no problem with picking up a few juco guys, I just hope it isn't the bulk of our classes. We need to start building depth by getting freshman in here.

And we are also getting valuable playing time from freshman like Andrew Pratt, Conner Hundley, Amani Davis, etc.... I have no problem with picking up a few juco guys, I just hope it isn't the bulk of our classes. We need to start building depth by getting freshman in here.

I agree. But it's tough to express any concern regarding Bowden's recruiting based upon the successful youth/experience mix he assembled in only about 4 weeks (for the 2012 class).

The guy knows how to get from A to B.

Did you see those scores? :eek:

I am getting the same feeling with Coach Bowden that I did with Coach Porter and Coach Dambrot, I just trust they know what they are doing. If Bowden sees an opportunity to fill a hole or pick up a great athlete even for a year, he'll do it to plug some gaps until his whole system has time to take root. It's not a process, it's a win now and win even bigger later philosophy. Our record would probably be the same right now had we picked up Winters or any other coach, but I don't think I'd have the same feeling of real, quick and efficient progress being made. Last year I'd come to games to support the Zips and with only the tiniest hope they could somehow pull off a miracle upset, this time I legitimately believe they have a chance to win (and they do). This from what was arguably the worst team in all of FBS last year. That's some amazing stuff.