Breakfast with the Bowdens

zipsfan33

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man imagine if the spring game sold out...haha at least those 30,000 will get to take good pictures of the pigs flying by the stadium!

I'm expecting 4-5,000 if that. Even college football legend Rob Ianello had a decent crowd at the Fieldhouse last year. Hopefully what's left of the Akron football fans shows some support this weekend. Anyone know if the game will be streamed? I doubt it will, but I'd like to watch some...

Man imagine if the spring game sold out...haha at least those 30,000 will get to take good pictures of the pigs flying by the stadium!

I'm expecting 4-5,000 if that. Even college football legend Rob Ianello had a decent crowd at the Fieldhouse last year. Hopefully what's left of the Akron football fans shows some support this weekend. Anyone know if the game will be streamed? I doubt it will, but I'd like to watch some...

UCF is charging $5 for their spring game.

I'll admit, I didn't know what to make of the "Promotional" aspect of Terry Bowden. I think initially, I thought it was self promotion and would have limited benefit to the University. Now I think that this is part of the plan. Get your name and face out there, use your connections to get people looking at your program and that gives you an advantage in recruiting AND building buzz about the program. After two years of ho hum I'm finally starting to get excited about Zips football again and I haven't even seen a down. Results come on the field, but I'm already seeing something out of Terry I haven't seen before.

I could not sit there and listen to those four great Coach Bowdens and not believe. When you listen to the long list of their accomplishments, you know they have the secret formula bottled up and kept in a private cellar for family use.

Bobby talks about having one losing season at FSU before turning it around, and Tommy gets up and asks his dad what a losing season feels like because he's never had one.

I've learned over the years not to believe in smoke and mirrors. But this family has the results to prove they don't use smoke and mirrors.

I believe they are going to get the job done, and that Zips fans will finally be rewarded for decades of suffering. I can't imagine having a better coach to turn around UA's football program than Terry Bowden. We are headed for the big time.

It's fun to imagine.

Let's say that TB gets us close to the "Big Time" and then departs for greener pastures.

Can you imagine the hatred that will be expressed toward him for abandoning us?

I look at comments some posters on this board expressed and how personally insulted they were when the King, who had nothing to do with the UOFA, left Cleveland.

I imagine those comments will pale compared to those made about TB the traitor.

It's fun to imagine.

Let's say that TB gets us close to the "Big Time" and then departs for greener pastures.

I look at comments some posters on this board expressed and how personally insulted they were when the King, who had nothing to do with the UOFA, left Cleveland.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

“It’s real simple, whoever gets the best players wins. It’s all wrapped up in their recruiting. The whole key to winning is getting the best players. That’s just as simple as it is,” he said.

Best quote from GT's article. I've been telling everyone for years...You don't win with Xs and Os. You win with Jimmies and Joes. Remember, most every coach knows the same as the next coach. It's a matter of getting talent then turning that talent into something. If you don't get the talent, you can't make anything out of it (You can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop).

It's fun to imagine.

It just comes with the territory of being in a poor conference like the MAC. It happens every year, we see coaches jump to other conferences. I think the reason most were mad about Lebron, was that 90% of NE Ohio was positive he would stay. When you're so certain about something, just to be proven wrong. It stings! My suggestion to Zips fans is to appreciate what we have now, and try to make the best of it. They will be moving up, it's just a matter of time really. I HIGHLY doubt that Porter, Dambrot, Bowden, and even Tressel will all be employed at UA in a few years. The chances for all of them to be here for an extended period of time, are not very good. UNLESS, we can get out of the garbage conference that is the MAC. Something that also is very unlikely. Just make the most, and hope that all of these coaches will leave UA in a better place than it was when they arrived.

My suggestion to Zips fans is to appreciate what we have now, and try to make the best of it. They will be moving up, it's just a matter of time really. I HIGHLY doubt that Porter, Dambrot, Bowden, and even Tressel will all be employed at UA in a few years.

Porter will certainly have an opportunity to leave for a pro job. As of right now he isn't interested. If he does leave, UA has a multi-decade history of soccer excellence, so I'm not worried that we'll find a great successor. Oh wait...Wistercill....damn.

Dambrot isn't going anywhere.

Bowden hasn't coached a single game at UA, and he's talking over a team coming off back-to-back 1-win seasons, so it's a teensie weensie bit early to speculate on his departing for a better job. Plus he's 56 years old.

Tressel hasn't accomplished a damn thing @ UA since the mid-80's. If he went anywhere, would anyone in Akron even know?

It just comes with the territory of being in a poor conference like the MAC. It happens every year, we see coaches jump to other conferences. I think the reason most were mad about Lebron, was that 90% of NE Ohio was positive he would stay. When you're so certain about something, just to be proven wrong. It stings! My suggestion to Zips fans is to appreciate what we have now, and try to make the best of it. They will be moving up, it's just a matter of time really. I HIGHLY doubt that Porter, Dambrot, Bowden, and even Tressel will all be employed at UA in a few years. The chances for all of them to be here for an extended period of time, are not very good. UNLESS, we can get out of the garbage conference that is the MAC. Something that also is very unlikely. Just make the most, and hope that all of these coaches will leave UA in a better place than it was when they arrived.

Wrong. Ppl were mad at lebron mostly because he lied to us and the way he went on national tv and made a mockery of cleveland. He said he wouldnt quit until he brought cleveland a championship and he did just that. As for TB leaving, we shouldnt worry about that till the time comes. Hes ours now and thats all i wanna cncern myself with

Porter will certainly have an opportunity to leave for a pro job. As of right now he isn't interested. If he does leave, UA has a multi-decade history of soccer excellence, so I'm not worried that we'll find a great successor. Oh wait...Wistercill....damn.

When the day comes, I implore those in charge to ensure Caleb is involved in recommending/choosing his replacement. He cares so much about his program, players, and fans/supporters, etc. that I know he will want to leave it in very capable hands.

UA is a good football team and a new basketball arena away from being a strong candidate to move up to a bigger and better conference. If Coach Bowden turns the football team around and Jim Tressel raises enough money to build a new basketball arena, they could all move up to a bigger and better conference without ever leaving UA. ;)

UA is a good football team and a new basketball arena away from being a strong candidate to move up to a bigger and better conference. If Coach Bowden turns the football team around and Jim Tressel raises enough money to build a new basketball arena, they could all move up to a bigger and better conference without ever leaving UA. ;)

I'm a new face and a few million dollars away from being George Clooney.