Alfred Koroma

When I first saw this roster I was surprised that none of Trapp, Gallego, or Yedlin made the team. Then I remembered that at least Trapp just had surgery, and I think Gallego is getting over an injury or something. Has anyone else heard anything about these injuries?

• 6 months later...
I am wondering about injuries to Trapp and Dershang as well. Heard Koroma's was a bone contusion.

I heard that Alfred practiced today. That doesn't seem consistent with a bone contusion.

Derschang will be ready for Friday, so will Trapp. Derschang was dressed on Friday, was held out prolly due to the aggressiveness at times dirty play of Wright State. Koroma will be fine, 50/50 on if he will go on Friday (in all honesty we shouldnt need him but i would like to see him out their before Creighton.)

I was reporting what I was told.

Ok. I probably should have worded that differently because I know you have inside information. If Alfred has a bone contusion, would he be practicing? This is what I found on the internet, which, I admit, might be misleading given that I'm not a medical professional. However, I do know someone who watched Alfred practice yesterday, and that seems inconsistent to me with this...

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-bone-contusion.htm

A bone contusion is a deep bruise that affects a section of bone tissue. Most contusions result from direct injuries, such as falls or sudden impacts during sports. Bone bruises are typically very painful and lingering symptoms may last for several months following injuries, especially when they occur near the ends of joints where ligaments and cartilage are also damaged. Treatment for a bone contusion depends on the location and the severity of symptoms, but most patients are given pain medications and instructed to get plenty of rest to promote faster healing. ...

Patients with mild bone contusions are typically advised to rest, ice, and elevate the injured body part for several days to ease their symptoms. ...

Mild bone contusions usually start feeling better in two to four weeks, at which point an individual can begin light activity to gradually rebuild strength and flexibility. ...

Ok. I probably should have worded that differently because I know you have inside information. If Alfred has a bone contusion, would he be practicing? This is what I found on the internet, which, I admit, might be misleading given that I'm not a medical professional. However, I do know someone who watched Alfred practice yesterday, and that seems inconsistent to me with this...

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-bone-contusion.htm

A bone contusion is a deep bruise that affects a section of bone tissue. Most contusions result from direct injuries, such as falls or sudden impacts during sports. Bone bruises are typically very painful and lingering symptoms may last for several months following injuries, especially when they occur near the ends of joints where ligaments and cartilage are also damaged. Treatment for a bone contusion depends on the location and the severity of symptoms, but most patients are given pain medications and instructed to get plenty of rest to promote faster healing. ...

Patients with mild bone contusions are typically advised to rest, ice, and elevate the injured body part for several days to ease their symptoms. ...

Mild bone contusions usually start feeling better in two to four weeks, at which point an individual can begin light activity to gradually rebuild strength and flexibility. ...

Sometimes it can be a diagnosis of "exclusion". Injury occurs with no obvious abnormalities on diagnostic tests and injury is called a 'bone bruise"; rather than an "I don't know".

Sometimes it can be a diagnosis of "exclusion". Injury occurs with no obvious abnormalities on diagnostic tests and injury is called a 'bone bruise"; rather than an "I don't know".

Thanks.

I found Koroma's Knee on Twitter and it seems to talk on its own. It looks as if it feels pretty good yesterday or at least that's what the knee is reporting.

"The privilege of absurdity; to which no living creature is subject, but man only."