Temple to the Big East

zippy5

i thought it would be a good idea to move down to 1-aa in football,and find a b-ball conference that gets more than one auto bid.with the new stadium,and hire of bowden the team needs to go forward and stay in the mac.we have no choice now at this point.tere is not enough $ in 1-AA to support the new facilities.the reality is though akron will never be a top 25 team year in year out.i just hope bowden can get us to the point we can dominate in the mac.the truth hurts but the reality

is OSU can pay thier head coach more than are entire football budget.i think GP is the one person who understands this out of most zips fans.so to compete with bcs team every year will be hard.

this does not mean we can't upset bcs schools,but we will never consistently beat bcs teams.we need to focus on winning our conference,and go to a bowl game every year.if somehow we then get to a point where we could leave the mac,and get into a bcs conference then things can chance for our akron.i remeber ck saying that when we hired brookhart

we now had a professional choach that would get us into the top 25 every year.i think he meant well,but we just don't

get the TV money to ever have that happen.even if bowden does a great job we need realistic expectaions.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought it would be a good idea to move down to 1-aa in football,and find a b-ball conference that gets more than one auto bid.with the new stadium,and hire of bowden the team needs to go forward and stay in the mac.we have no choice now at this point.tere is not enough $ in 1-AA to support the new facilities.the reality is though akron will never be a top 25 team year in year out.i just hope bowden can get us to the point we can dominate in the mac.the truth hurts but the reality

is OSU can pay thier head coach more than are entire football budget.i think GP is the one person who understands this out of most zips fans.so to compete with bcs team every year will be hard.

this does not mean we can't upset bcs schools,but we will never consistently beat bcs teams.we need to focus on winning our conference,and go to a bowl game every year.if somehow we then get to a point where we could leave the mac,and get into a bcs conference then things can chance for our akron.i remeber ck saying that when we hired brookhart

we now had a professional choach that would get us into the top 25 every year.i think he meant well,but we just don't

get the TV money to ever have that happen.even if bowden does a great job we need realistic expectaions.

Boise State, UCF, USF, etc... disagree with you. They were all as bad as we were and have now risen to better conferences and more national prominence. Unlike most schools, we have a talent base within 75 miles of campus that will consistently support a top 25 team. It can be done.

all those teams are not in the mac.i said if akron can ever get out of the mac. then we can compete on a national level.

with the money the mac makes on tv contracts it cannot compete with usf,or boise.they pay thier coaches alott more than akron does ,and spend alott more on thier football programs.they don't have to go on the road to play OSU every year,just so they can make enough $ to keep the football team from losing more money.

they don't have 55 million dollar stadium to pay for with about 5,000 people in the stands.