Why is Akron never considered for an at large bid?

Valpo Zip

Because we are not worthy of an at large bid. We lay an egg every time we go on national TV and we can not earn the respect of a national audience. Committee members and sports journalists do not watch our games with NIU and EMU and Ark-PB. They watch our ESPN games against ORU and OU. Any committee member or national media /poll taker who was rooting for Akron or voting for them is now the laughing stock of their peers. They will learn their lesson and never do it again.

Because we are not worthy of an at large bid. We lay an egg every time we go on national TV and we can not earn the respect of a national audience. Committee members and sports journalists do not watch our games with NIU and EMU and Ark-PB. They watch our ESPN games against ORU and OU. Any committee member or national media /poll taker who was rooting for Akron or voting for them is now the laughing stock of their peers. They will learn their lesson and never do it again.

:zzz:

Good or bad, I'm still an alumni and will always love the Zips!

Are you a Browns, Indians, and Cavs fan as well? Loyalty is admirable to a point and then it becomes masochistic. If the Zips looked as bad every game as they did last night, they wouldn't be worthy of dedication from the most loyal of alumni.

Fortunately, we've had 7 seasons of relatively constant improvement and may have the most talented team in the history of the program. I'm chalking up last night to immaturity. Let's move forward.

Aren't the Zips 12-2 with a two game lead on the entire league? How many teams in the country are in that position?

Go Zips!!!

If your wife served you a turd for dinner, would you gratefully eat it up because the filet mignon you had last night was so delicious? Yes, the Zips have been filet mignon for much of the season, but last night they were a turd, plain and simple.

Aren't the Zips 12-2 with a two game lead on the entire league? How many teams in the country are in that position?

Go Zips!!!

A quick look at conference losses:

2 Losses:

Akron

Stony Brook

NC Asheville

Wichita State

St. Mary's

Duke

North Carolina

Drexel

Belmont

Kansas

Harvard

Savannah State

Long Island

Bucknell

Middle Tennessee State

One Loss:

Murray State

Syracuse

Oral Roberts

Nevada

Weber State

Montana

No Losses:

Long Beach State

Kentucky

Mississippi Valley State

Texas Arlington

That's the list. Make out of it what you will. The Zips just need to stop laying eggs on national television. Last night sucked, no doubt about it. Time to move on and not dwell on it. It's not like the season is ruined now. There is a lot left to be decided. Let's not make make Steve French right about the negativity.

Except for the EMU game, the Zips have been not been playing to their potential since the K ent game. It's okay against lesser teams, but not ORU and OU. Coaches and players better find a way to put it together, or it could be a HUGE embarrassment losing the MAC Regular Season Championship / Tournament #1 seed at this point.

Except for the EMU game, the Zips have been not been playing to their potential since the K ent game. It's okay against lesser teams, but not ORU and OU. Coaches and players better find a way to put it together, or it could be a HUGE embarrassment losing the MAC Regular Season Championship / Tournament #1 seed at this point.

Agreed. We've won plenty of games, yes, but it's been far from a long list of good performances, as some people seem to want to believe.

Like I said earlier.................This team should be quite fortunate that they only have to play two games to win the MAC tournament.

As always, the Zips are not as good as some describe them and not as bad as others portray them. That's what happens when you focus more on the positive than the negative or vice versa.

From my perspective, in the years that KD has coached the team the Zips have generally been in the 60th-120th range out of 344 D-I college basketball teams. That's roughly the 17th-34th percentile, or top 1/6th-1/3rd of all D-I teams. This season they've pretty much settled in around the 60th rank, which is their best season performance to date under KD. About 1/6th of all D-I teams are better and about 5/6th are worse than the Zips.

Of course, we all want better than that. We want the Zips to take that last step and really impress everyone by beating several ranked teams, having an undefeated MAC season, winning games in the NCAA tournament, becoming a Gonzaga, Butler or VCU.

I'm OK as long as they keep progressing, and this season so far has seen at least a little progress over previous seasons. It could get even better, or it could all fall apart in the last few games of the season. We'll know soon enough how this season stands up to previous Zips season performances under KD. Whatever happens, we'll be expecting even more next season.

As always, the Zips are not as good as some describe them and not as bad as others portray them. That's what happens when you focus more on the positive than the negative or vice versa.

From my perspective, in the years that KD has coached the team the Zips have generally been in the 60th-120th range out of 344 D-I college basketball teams. That's roughly the 17th-34th percentile, or top 1/6th-1/3rd of all D-I teams. This season they've pretty much settled in around the 60th rank, which is their best season performance to date under KD. About 1/6th of all D-I teams are better and about 5/6th are worse than the Zips.

Of course, we all want better than that. We want the Zips to take that last step and really impress everyone by beating several ranked teams, having an undefeated MAC season, winning games in the NCAA tournament, becoming a Gonzaga, Butler or VCU.

I'm OK as long as they keep progressing, and this season so far has seen at least a little progress over previous seasons. It could get even better, or it could all fall apart in the last few games of the season. We'll know soon enough how this season stands up to previous Zips season performances under KD. Whatever happens, we'll be expecting even more next season.

+1 GO ZIPS!!!!