Ball State time change.

ZachTheZip

http://www.gozips.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_...;ATCLID=1551980
The change for the Akron-Ball State game from a 6:00 pm start to 1:00 pm was made in an effort to better serve football fans in northeast Ohio, who can now watch two great football games in their entireties – the Zips versus Cardinals at 1:00 pm and Ohio State versus Southern California, which starts at 8:00 pm.
Seriously? This is a weak move by the athletic department, or the MAC office, whoever is in charge of the schedule here.It just tells people that we're second-rate. Why the hell should we base our schedule around another, unrelated school's game time? I don't care who you root for, this is weak.

The change for the Akron-Ball State game from a 6:00 pm start to 1:00 pm was made in an effort to better serve football fans in northeast Ohio, who can now watch two great football games in their entireties – the Zips versus Cardinals at 1:00 pm and Ohio State versus Southern California, which starts at 8:00 pm.
Seriously? This is a weak move by the athletic department, or the MAC office, whoever is in charge of the schedule here.It just tells people that we're second-rate. Why the hell should we base our schedule around another, unrelated school's game time? I don't care who you root for, this is weak.
I could careless about the OSU game, but most people in this state are Buckeye fans and this is a very big game for them. I'm sure people would skip the Zips game rather then miss even the pre-game for the Buckeyes.

For the most part I totally agree with you... in an ideal world. It does seem like a completely weak and lame decision if it is succumbing to that school from the south... But maybe it is a shrewd decision to get some love from the media that UA still desperately needs. Regardless, I'll be attending the game so the TV viewing stuff means nothing to me, but maybe if the osu drones equate their Saturdays w/ an earlier AKRON game and a later osu game we can gain some audience... As long as it's nothing like the Can't State v. AKRON game last year where the all so exciting ending was cut off for the suckeyes pregame show.... seriously... no excuse for that. I was at the RB only to get home and hear from family that we were robbed an ending and everyone was legitimately pissed. The media needs to give us our fair share period.

Hey, I think this is a great idea. I don't think we have to worry about giving the impression that we aren't considered a bigtime program.....N E W S F L A S H.....we aren't considered a bigtime program! This will give us a chance to play the game when the sun is out, I think more fans will come because of the time and hell, we can get home at decent time. We'll actually get to see what it feels like to play a game on Saturday afternoon in the Rubber Bowl!!!

Hey, I think this is a great idea. I don't think we have to worry about giving the impression that we aren't considered a bigtime program.....N E W S F L A S H.....we aren't considered a bigtime program! This will give us a chance to play the game when the sun is out, I think more fans will come because of the time and hell, we can get home at decent time. We'll actually get to see what it feels like to play a game on Saturday afternoon in the Rubber Bowl!!!
I agree. I say we don't worry about the "impression" this makes about our program. I like the earlier start time and I will be enjoying my tailgate at the crack of dawn! Cheers...

When God created college football on the 8th day, he intended it to be played in the afternoon. There was a time in the not so far past that almost all college football was played in the afternoon between one and two o'clock. The ESPNization of sports has given us night college football thus proving Satan runs that network. Every college football game I went to last year was in the afternoon and it was great.The only problem with an afternoon game at the RB is people will get to see exactly what the stadium looks like. Then again, maybe that would be a safety benefit so people will be able to see the broken benches before sitting down.

So tell me this...is it physically possible that the marquee OOC game on Ohio State's schedule...the game that people have been talking about for a year in The Zips' State (formerly known as The Buckeye State) somehow slipped unnoticed past those responsible for determining the Zips home game start times? That, last week, someone from UA looked at the local sports section and said" Wow...OSU plays USC at 8pm the same Saturday the Zips play Ball State @ 6pm...who knew? Better change our start time." PLEASE tell me there isn't anyone of authority at UA capable of that one.If my season tickets say Ball State: 6pm, I'll puke.

Capt: I would bet the house that the tickets will have 6:00 on them, since season ticket packets will be available for PU tomorrow at the Meet the Team festivities.I would prefer that they do not print the times for any of the games, since they almost always change due to TV coverage.

What would you guys do if you were me? Option 1: Stay at home and go try to find the Zips vs BSU game on TV and watch the USC game that night on TV.Option 2: Get a free round trip plane ticket from my airline pilot brother to Los Angeles leaving Friday morning, stay at a friend's house for free in Los Angeles and go to the USC vs OSU sure to be blow out (sorry OSU fans, they will lose by more than 17 in this one). Keep in mind that my friend in LA is a professor at USC and is on their Athletic Department academic advisory committee and is on a first name basis with the football coach. With that would come a free ticket to the game for the great GP1 and all access to the Athletic Department pregame party where movie stars and recording artists attend. I wonder if I could get a contact buzz by standing next to Snoop Dog. I could still watch the Zips on TV in the afternoon.

What would you guys do if you were me? Option 1: Stay at home and go try to find the Zips vs BSU game on TV and watch the USC game that night on TV.Option 2: Get a free round trip plane ticket from my airline pilot brother to Los Angeles leaving Friday morning, stay at a friend's house for free in Los Angeles and go to the USC vs OSU sure to be blow out (sorry OSU fans, they will lose by more than 17 in this one). Keep in mind that my friend in LA is a professor at USC and is on their Athletic Department academic advisory committee and is on a first name basis with the football coach. With that would come a free ticket to the game for the great GP1 and all access to the Athletic Department pregame party where movie stars and recording artists attend. I wonder if I could get a contact buzz by standing next to Snoop Dog. I could still watch the Zips on TV in the afternoon.
Option 3: Get a free round trip plane ticket from my airline pilot brother to Akron leaving Friday morning. Get a hotel room Friday night, get up at the crack of dawn and be hammered outside the RB by 10:00. Watch the Zips knock off Davis and the boys on one of the last beautiful Saturday afternoon games at the RB. Go to a bar that night in Akron with all your Zips gear and laugh your @$$ off while OSU gets killed. Make comments like "at least my team won today!", "Boy, those DII teams really helped you prepare for this game didn't they!", and "Did you know 1/3 of Akron and OSU's schedule last year was the same?". That right there is a good time!

I personally Like the shift to a 1:00 PM start, however to say that it is so "football fans in northeast Ohio, who can now watch two great football games in their entireties" is not "weak" it is just plain stupid. If I was in charge of the Athletic Department whoever wrote that would be very lucky to have a job the next day. :mad_flame: :mad_flame: :mad_flame:

I personally Like the shift to a 1:00 PM start, however to say that it is so "football fans in northeast Ohio, who can now watch two great football games in their entireties" is not "weak" it is just plain stupid. If I was in charge of the Athletic Department whoever wrote that would be very lucky to have a job the next day. :mad_flame: :mad_flame: :mad_flame:
I agree that the change is definitely for the better. However, to publicly acknowledge OSWho's game as having an impact on the decision making is very poor. It highlights we are a second rate program. Even though it's true, our own Athletic Department shouldn't be publicizing such a stigma. The challenges are great enough without handicapping ourselves.

To make it easier for us to respond, you should have set this post up as a poll. It would be interesting if "other" was available as a third option. I think it might win.

Option 3: Get a free round trip plane ticket from my airline pilot brother to Akron leaving Friday morning. Get a hotel room Friday night, get up at the crack of dawn and be hammered outside the RB by 10:00. Watch the Zips knock off Davis and the boys on one of the last beautiful Saturday afternoon games at the RB. Go to a bar that night in Akron with all your Zips gear and laugh your @$$ off while OSU gets killed. Make comments like "at least my team won today!", "Boy, those DII teams really helped you prepare for this game didn't they!", and "Did you know 1/3 of Akron and OSU's schedule last year was the same?". That right there is a good time!
Good idea except for one or two concerns. First, after a year of living in sunny and warm climate, I don't want to risk depleting the vitamin D levels I have built up. I used to think that it was nonsense that increased sun exposure increased vitamin D levels thus making for a better mood, but it is true. I am almost always in a good mood now. Second, my last game at the RB was one of the most depressing and draining experiences I have ever had as a sports fan and I vowed to never return to that rotting piece of crap. More than anything, I can't go back on my word to myself.

What would you guys do if you were me? Option 1: Stay at home and go try to find the Zips vs BSU game on TV and watch the USC game that night on TV.Option 2: go to the USC vs OSU that would come a free ticket to the game for the great GP1 and all access to the Athletic Department pregame party where movie stars and recording artists attend.
Option 2. No doubt. Plenty of possible Zip games in your future. Option 2 sounds like a once in a lifetime thing. I expect a full report.I'm choosing something similar this year in going to the Clowns/Jax in Jax this year on one of the Zips buy weeks this year.Just on this photo alone I could make my decision:hot-USC-cheerleaders.jpg

I'm choosing something similar this year in going to the Clowns/Jax in Jax this year on one of the Zips buy weeks this year.
Clowns/Jax? You could go see the Steelers play the first week in October on Sunday night. My wife and I are making the short drive to Jax for that one.