Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
zip81

Zinzinnati Tailgate

Recommended Posts

Calling all Zip fans!The AK-OLDIES will be tailgating this Saturday for the Zinzinnati game.We'll probably set up sometime around 11:30 for the 3:30 game.I'll have the new blue t-shirts, so it would be a great time to sign up.Bleacher Bum, let's coordinate again. The OLDIES will be able to throw more resources behind this tailgate.We'll have at least three more canopies to set up and a couple grills.Where will we set up? Somewhere along the fence. Please look for the new Akron flag with the AK-OLDIES flag flying underneath.There will be a photographer from the school of communications. They are writing an article about the AK-OLDIES for their alumni magazine.It will be a great time.Hope to see you there....Go Zips!PB230020-1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking the same spot as last week will work. I plan on getting there around 7 again, so I'll block off a few spots for ya. We can set up the canopies and the beer garden again. That just kind of happened because the weather was so crummy, but it sure was a great place to party. Also, Zip81, I think I have your umbrella. You might have left it by my truck last weekend. If that's the case, I'll bring it next week. If not, sweet, free umbrella!Oh, by the way, the current outlook is 74 and partly cloudy. Hopefully that didn't just jinx it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm thinking the same spot as last week will work. I plan on getting there around 7 again, so I'll block off a few spots for ya. We can set up the canopies and the beer garden again. That just kind of happened because the weather was so crummy, but it sure was a great place to party. Also, Zip81, I think I have your umbrella. You might have left it by my truck last weekend. If that's the case, I'll bring it next week. If not, sweet, free umbrella!Oh, by the way, the current outlook is 74 and partly cloudy. Hopefully that didn't just jinx it.
Sounds good.Weather should be beautiful.So far, 12 people have confirmed on Facebook.I'll try to get there earlier.Thanks for bringing the umbrella...I knew I'd forget that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent out a few more invites via facebook. Plus all of the people who just show up will surely be there. With the nicer weather, *knock on wood* we should get a good size crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cinci is bringing around 10,000 people. The tailgate lot will be swarmed unless we can get as many people as possible to show up.
hopefully we can get the students to show up in force otherwise we are gonna have an away game in our own stadium :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cinci is bringing around 10,000 people. The tailgate lot will be swarmed unless we can get as many people as possible to show up.
hopefully we can get the students to show up in force otherwise we are gonna have an away game in our own stadium :blink:
There was a fairly good student turnout for Ball State, considering the weather and other factors. I think it should be better this week. The university has begun bussing students to and from the game, which helps quite a bit. They might be gone after the 3rd quarter, especially if the game is out of hand, since the Men's Soccer team plays back on campus right after the football game.On the bright side, at least we don't have a "home" game at Browns Stadium against OSU like Toledo will get next year. 95% of the fans being for the other team isn't good for player morale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be at the Bowl Friday nite. Do you think I will have a problem setting up my canopy about 8:30 that nite?Remember the marathon is being run in Saturday and that will change traffic patterns for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'll be at the Bowl Friday nite. Do you think I will have a problem setting up my canopy about 8:30 that nite?Remember the marathon is being run in Saturday and that will change traffic patterns for a while.
Is it being run in the vicinity of the Bowl?If you are going to camp out, sure, why not. But if you leave your canopy there, I would say there is a good chance of it being gone the next morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'll be at the Bowl Friday nite. Do you think I will have a problem setting up my canopy about 8:30 that nite?Remember the marathon is being run in Saturday and that will change traffic patterns for a while.
They wont care about it being up, i've done it before and I think i will be there the night before as well. So you may not be the only group there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be sure you guys are able to pack up quickly and can get out of there in a hurry, so you can make it to the Men's Soccer game being played right afterward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're setting everything up the night before and plan on partying all night and camping, you'll be fine. If you're planning on setting it up and leaving then coming back in the morning, it will definitely be gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Be sure you guys are able to pack up quickly and can get out of there in a hurry, so you can make it to the Men's Soccer game being played right afterward.
that's the plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the store yesterday and picked up a few items for the Cincy tailgate. Please let me know if I left anything out:-kielbasa-hot dogs-sauerkraut-whole-wheat buns-pony keg, Heineken-12 pack, MGD Light (for those watching their girlish figure)-Stadium Mustard (why, of course)-Grandma Shear's chips-Doritos-Lawson's Chip Dip (why, of course)and last but not least...-bearcat meat patties (we cook 'em, then see how far we can throw 'em)Please post what you are bringing to tailgate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cinci is apparently taking over the softball fields above the stadium. I'm not sure how that will work, because I don't know if you can park on them, let alone set up tents and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cinci is apparently taking over the softball fields above the stadium. I'm not sure how that will work, because I don't know if you can park on them, let alone set up tents and stuff.
I used to park up there before tailgate city opened.Unless they've changed the rules, I'm sure they'll be OK.Sounds like their Alumni Asso. has already set it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be making the Cincinnati staple - Skyline style chili with noodles. Gonna put some of that chili on hot dogs of course as well. Probably a few Nosferatus and whatever else is in the keg.Zip81, your Bearcat Meat Patties reminds me of when we used to play Meat Baseball with leftover burgers. I guess I'll bring the baseball bat too.Also, I knew I spoke too soon. It looks like a small chance of rain on Saturday now. Looks like I may be bringing the Slip n Slides again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'll be making the Cincinnati staple - Skyline style chili with noodles. Gonna put some of that chili on hot dogs of course as well. Probably a few Nosferatus and whatever else is in the keg.Zip81, your Bearcat Meat Patties reminds me of when we used to play Meat Baseball with leftover burgers. I guess I'll bring the baseball bat too.Also, I knew I spoke too soon. It looks like a small chance of rain on Saturday now. Looks like I may be bringing the Slip n Slides again.
We're not going to let a few raindrops get in the way...are we?Hell No!Nothing is over until we decide it is!Z - I ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'll be making the Cincinnati staple - Skyline style chili with noodles. Gonna put some of that chili on hot dogs of course as well. Probably a few Nosferatus and whatever else is in the keg.Zip81, your Bearcat Meat Patties reminds me of when we used to play Meat Baseball with leftover burgers. I guess I'll bring the baseball bat too.Also, I knew I spoke too soon. It looks like a small chance of rain on Saturday now. Looks like I may be bringing the Slip n Slides again.
got some good pictures of people on the slip and slide 2 weeks ago btw...BSU pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I officially spoke too soon. Forecast is now a 60% chance of rain. Looks like 40% all morning, 50% building up to kickoff, and 60% at kickoff. Maybe this time we'll get decent weather for the tailgate with a rainy game. Either way, I'll bring the Slip n' Slides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...