UA 1 - Stony Brook 0

It's getting really frustrating playing teams that keep 11 players behind the ball, but a win's a win.No action until Saturday at NIU... never an easy place to play.
w00t...I completely agree with your frustrations.Stony Brook's Game Plan tonight: Play everyone back (One shot??!), foul hard and play a scoreless tie.It was still fun to watch...and nice to celebrate another home win in grand fashion...I'm definately hooked...

I LOVE that our soccer program is one of the best in the country, try to make it to a game or two each year BUT will always have a hard time enjoying outdoor soccer like I do so many other sports. The only thing worse than watching the grass grow for 90 minutes, sometimes in less than ideal weather, is when the other team packs 11 guys into the box and dares you to find a way to get a ball through there. I know I'll take heat for this post from the true soccer fans out there but that's just how I feel. I'm an ugly American sports fan who needs a little more action/scoring!Congrats Zips on another win. Looking forward to another tournament home game or two!

I LOVE that our soccer program is one of the best in the country, try to make it to a game or two each year BUT will always have a hard time enjoying outdoor soccer like I do so many other sports. The only thing worse than watching the grass grow for 90 minutes, sometimes in less than ideal weather, is when the other team packs 11 guys into the box and dares you to find a way to get a ball through there. I know I'll take heat for this post from the true soccer fans out there but that's just how I feel. I'm an ugly American sports fan who needs a little more action/scoring!Congrats Zips on another win. Looking forward to another tournament home game or two!
GoZips88-I understand your point about lack of scoring; I know I was hoping for 4-5 goals yesterday that never came.HOWEVER, "American" sports were forever ruined for me when TV started calling the shots. I can't stand sitting through the endless media/television/radio/marketing/internet/pitching change/officials/coaches/30-second/full/need-to-take-a-moment-and-then-walk-the-dog timeouts. I feel like I paid my admission to become a studio audience member, held captive while they blabber about how to save three bucks if I bundle my telecommunications services. I sometimes wish that I can take my DVR with me to some games and fast forward through the painful breaks. Just my opinion...