Photo
- - - - -

Bizarre, Rambling Take on Akron/K.e.n.t.

19 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Kangaroo

Captain Kangaroo

UA Intramural Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:13 AM

Read for yourself...
"95% of all excuses are probably true. And 100% of them are unacceptable."

-Denny Green-

#2 pdt1420

pdt1420

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:22 AM

Read for yourself...

I'd like to come up with something witty or poignant to say, but all that keeps coming to mind is "jesus, what a whiny baby"

#3 pdt1420

pdt1420

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hey hey!!!! I'm legit now. No checking from the moderators....Now, who wants some hentai links? :D

#4 zen

zen

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

I'm a pretty cynical guy but I think it's a fun cynacism. This writer must have a miserable existence. His writing exudes that poser mentality of acting as if you have an elevated perch from which to rip on things. Cry emo-boy. Cry.

#5 johnnyzip84

johnnyzip84

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,068 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:50 AM

Frenchy made reference to this on WNIR this morning. He added some quip like "geesh, I hope this guy doesn't read the OSU and Michigan message boards".

Bowden Ball 2014.....Fiat Lux.

#6 flipthezip

flipthezip

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:59 AM

Quote "As a writer who has to cover this game..."No you don't. If you are so against everything college football rivalries are about, quit reporting and writing about college football.

#7 Quickzips

Quickzips

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

Carducci is a hack. I love reading his "insider" posts on the Can't board. He's the biggest Can't homer I've ever seen and even he can't muster an ounce of enthusiasm over this game. Wonder why? Couldn't be because his team is a pathetic piece of rubble with no hope for short term or long term improvement? Heck their board has barely a mention of this game. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more Blue and Gold in the stands tomorow than Piss Yellow.

#8 akronad

akronad

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:25 PM

He serveices would best be served if he wrote obits. What a depressing guy.

#9 zipseuph

zipseuph

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:14 PM

I like how he complains about the "hype" for this game and then rips both schools for their ability to promote their schools athletics and fill their stadiums

#10 zipsbandman

zipsbandman

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

Carducci is a hack. I love reading his "insider" posts on the Can't board. He's the biggest Can't homer I've ever seen and even he can't muster an ounce of enthusiasm over this game. Wonder why? Couldn't be because his team is a pathetic piece of rubble with no hope for short term or long term improvement? Heck their board has barely a mention of this game. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see more Blue and Gold in the stands tomorow than Piss Yellow.

Akron student tickets are sold out. They were selling general admission tickets to students when I was there. Zips will be highly represented.All I can say is wow. With fans like that who needs a rival? And seriously, why do they even bother with football anymore? Carducci does not have to include us in his pity party either.
Now show me something more!
Posted Image

#11 ziptrumpet87

ziptrumpet87

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:48 PM

Akron student tickets are sold out. They were selling general admission tickets to students when I was there. Zips will be highly represented.All I can say is wow. With fans like that who needs a rival? And seriously, why do they even bother with football anymore? Carducci does not have to include us in his pity party either.

I'll take a rivalry with Pitt or Cinci over that. Let 'em move down to 1-AA.
GO ZIPS!!!

#12 pdt1420

pdt1420

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

I'll take a rivalry with Pitt or Cinci over that. Let 'em move down to 1-AA.

Sorry if I take this on a tangent, but I've been wondering: If we continue to improve, and do (please god) move on to a bigger better conference (cough-bigeast-cough)... and Can't State continues to decline... do we keep playing these bums?After awhile, doesn't playing them just validate them and make us look bad. We've beaten them, what, like 9 of the last 11 years? What if that continues? How long do we hold on to a rivalry as it dies with no hope in sight before we just take the wagon wheel and go home, or do we do that at all?

#13 Hilltopper

Hilltopper

Zips Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

I do care about the game. I love college football and as a writer covering the sport locally, I 'd like to see one or both of these struggling programs find a way to start playing competitive football week in and week out, fix their on and off-the-field issues and eventually represent the region for a Mid-American Conference championship.

Someone should tell this #@^%&$# that the Zips did win a MAC football championship in 2005. :blink:

#14 Quickzips

Quickzips

Zips Junkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:18 PM

I do care about the game. I love Can't and as a writer covering Can't, I 'd like to see Can't find a way to start playing competitive football week in and week out, fix their on and off-the-field issues and eventually represent the region for a Mid-American Conference championship.

Someone should tell this #@^%&$# that the Zips did win a MAC football championship in 2005. :blink:

Can I be the editor for the Recordpub???

#15 RowdyZip

RowdyZip

THE Zips fan.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

I do care about the game. I love Can't and as a writer covering Can't, I 'd like to see Can't find a way to start playing competitive football week in and week out, fix their on and off-the-field issues and eventually represent the region for a Mid-American Conference championship.

Can I be the editor for the Recordpub???

You're overqualified.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users