Recent Downtimes & Planned Outages.

All,

Many of you may have noticed that the Nation has been intermittently down a few times in recent weeks. The hosting company at which the Nation is located has been encountering some difficulties with our current server. As a result there have been more outages than we would have liked to have.

Please note the following:

There will be a significant upgrade & maintenance period early on Thursday 3 February, 2005. There should not be any prolonged downtime in the server. However, as data is copied over, there is the potential that some new messages might be posted to the forums right as the transfer is taking place, and may not cleanly make the move. I will do everything that I can to update this thread with current status, but I'm hoping that the transfer will occur largely in the early AM hours on Thursday.

The Moderators, Zippy and yes, even your local postal carrier / Can't State graduate appreciate your patience with the recent server problems and now with this planned maintenance. By mid-day Thursday, I believe that all should be back to normal in the ZipsNation.

Again: This ought to be seamless, but please keep copies of any posting you do between Midnight on Thursday morning and mid-day Thursday. Some new items may not be transferred correctly. Saving any specifically insightful comments might be worthwhile. This means you ZIPMAN!

In the event of prolonged difficulties w/ ZipsNation, I will post updates at macBBS in the UA forum there.

Thanks for your attention.

ZW

OK .. as of 2PM Eastern, this thing appears to be on the new server. Functionality is still someone iffy. New postings result in a blank screen temporarily. I'm still looking into this.

It may take a bit more time before everyone sees this new version .. but certainly by the end of Friday.

I am aware that there are some posts over on the other side that are not here. We will do our best to port them over, I know there aren't many. It may end up that we need to repost them here ...

Please post any problems or questions you have in this topic.

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

OK,

I think that everything is working over here now. Thanks to CK for helping with some test posting. Thanks to the slugs for the patience. The timing really SUCKED on this thing with the big win last night and all.

Regarding all of these "GUEST" posts that are popping in now: due to the relatively low number of posts that didn't come over with the server move, I've just been re-posting the most important of the new posts. Thus, you'll see several posts, whole topics even that are all posted with ***Guest in the names. These posts can be attributed to the user listed, but I couldn't find a super clean way to bring them over .. reposting was the quickest solution.

Please post any difficulties you have here, but unless I hear othewise from people, I'm declaring this a finished issue. We've been moved to a much faster server that hopefully won't crash every day at lunch following a big Zips news day. My observation from here is that it is performing better .. we'll see if that holds up.

Thanks again for your patience .. Go Zips!

ZW