Who won the Michigan game?

Maybe you should read your own post...he came back later in the game, after being helped off the field. I must have missed the announcement that you were chosen to speak for all "good" Zip fans.
I must have missed the announcement that you were a "zipdiehard".Either way, I have read my own post considering I typed it. Yes he came back later, after he flopped and faked an injury. That is definitely grounds for booing. Maybe you and your son should join in on the booing and stop being such sticklers for good times.
Sorry about that. My response wasn't to your post. Anyway, if you read my first post my point was how bad it appeared that a guy was booing an injured player. As I previously stated, I wasn't alone in thinking this, as some of the Rowdies around him were looking at him like "Is he really booing". Once again, it is all about appearances. I don't know if you look at them, but most MAC fansites bash us as the most obnoxious fans in the MAC. I personally think that is a joke, especially with the current crop of Rowdies we have. In the 25+ years I have been attending Zip's sports, this is by far the best student support I have seen. Booing for bad officiating or a player gesturing the crowd is justified, booing for an injury is not no matter how its spun. I think that your previous response about him booing something else was probably the case, but it didn't come off that way at that exact moment. There are plenty of threads on here where we bash other teams and their fans (see BG & BSU threads). Had this happened the other way around there would be a thread on here about what jerks the Michigan fans were. Someone more savvy with this website than I am can probably pull a previous one out.
Well i guess i misunderstood what you were trying to say. Sorry about that, i agree though we are thought of as obnoxious fans. But in a way i take pride in that, it's way more fun to be hated then loved. Though i completely agree, it is not alright to cheer/heckle/boo an injured player. Luckily in this case, that was not happening and thank goodness the injured player was boo'd only because he was faking and nothing else.
That was my mistake. I seem to always forget to add the previous post!I can see your point in taking pride in having other fans dislike the Zip fans. Like I said this current crop of Rowdies is great. I particularly like the one that is relentless with the other team (ex: following "Winston" up and down the field calling his name). Good thing he is a big guy!

I haven't been to a soccer match yet this year, so I haven't seen the Rowdies first hand. But I like the fact that they are indeed, well, rowdy! Soccer hooligans are supposed to be tough! By the sound of things, we may have the rowdiest soccer crowd in the nation?! :rock: And perhaps soccer could really use a new rule to help limit all this flopping that I constantly hear of. Commentators were complaining about this at the previous World Cup tourney. Maybe NCAA soccer needs a rule that if a player interupts play due to an injury, that player must remain on the sidelines for at least the next 15 minutes of play? That sounds fair, doesn't it? If the player is truly injured, he's probably not going to feel like running on a blown-out knee for at least 15 minutes :rolleyes: And this would probably stop the flopping, which does ruin the natural flow of the game.

I haven't been to a soccer match yet this year, so I haven't seen the Rowdies first hand. But I like the fact that they are indeed, well, rowdy! Soccer hooligans are supposed to be tough! By the sound of things, we may have the rowdiest soccer crowd in the nation?! :rock:
And just imagine if UA can actually get home field advantage this year. It would be nice to really show not only how beautiful this campus really is(most other schools have no clue) and show how crazy our fans really are.

As a proud AK-Rowdies member, I take pride in the fact that we have a reputation for being annoying. As the back of our TShirts said last year..
WE ARE:RoothlessObnoxiousWildDedicatedInsaneEgotisticalStudents
Id much rather be known for being a bunch of @$holes than being a bunch of pansies
and oh man can we be a$$holes sometimes ;)

As a proud AK-Rowdies member, I take pride in the fact that we have a reputation for being annoying. As the back of our TShirts said last year..
WE ARE:RoothlessObnoxiousWildDedicatedInsaneEgotisticalStudents
Id much rather be known for being a bunch of @$holes than being a bunch of pansies
and oh man can we be a$holes sometimes ;)
:lol: Why did they leave AK- out of the acrostic? Now you've got the A word...what can the K- word be? K-angaroo-loving? K-ent-hating?