UA/OSU Game Thread

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLA great win by a determined bunch of players!!!!!OS-Who deserved to lose the game in this dramatic manner. In the second half they flopped around like fish out of water and it serves them right to lose on a free kick.The Columbus State coach should be ashamed of how he behaved after the game. Buh-Bye crybabies!Bring on Round Three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TERRIBLE sportsmanship by the osu coach. I didn't think it was even possible to think less of that school down south. Good riddance.Superb win for the Zips! osu did have two shots on goal that Bush had to make nice saves on including one in the final minute of regulation.'... at a site TBD???' What's wrong with St. V's field again? Great place to watch a match (better than Lee Jackson) and the field turf seemed to allow Akron to play a relatively aggressive game. I wonder what other locations are under consideration?Nice turnout by the Rowdies and fans in general. The stands were very close to full with others standing along the fence on one end of the field.

'... at a site TBD???' What's wrong with St. V's field again? Great place to watch a match (better than Lee Jackson) and the field turf seemed to allow Akron to play a relatively aggressive game. I wonder what other locations are under consideration?Nice turnout by the Rowdies and fans in general. The stands were very close to full with others standing along the fence on one end of the field.
I hear Hoban might be a possibility too. And seriously what was with OSWho's coach at the end? For those not at the game we did several "BAR FIGHT" cheers. :D They didn't seem to fond of that. Everyone of their players had to have fallen down "hurt" throughout the game. Seriously about every 3-4 minutes one of them was down. The ref missed a lot of calls on them like flat out throwing our players to the ground.

From Mike Rasor's blog:Zips slip past Ohio State in 2OTNovember 26th, 2008 by mrasor Men's soccerMatt Tutich scored the winning goal in the 109th minute of a game that saw Akron take 20 shots yet score just one goal.If the goal had come five seconds later, the game would have went to penalty kicks.The Zips beat Ohio State 1-0 to move to the third round of the NCAA Tournament. Ben Zemanski assisted the game winner.The teams played at the athletic complex of St. Vincent/St. Mary's High School because the natural grass at Lee Jackson Field was unplayable.Akron will play host to Northwestern on either Saturday or Sunday.

What a blast that was and what an incredibly exciting finish. Hats off to the Rowdies. My buddy and I sat behind them the entire game and enjoyed every minute of it. When a large contingent of Rowdies took up spots around the OSU goal for the 2nd overtime, the Z-I, P-S cheer between that group and the ones that stayed in the original section (with a little help from a few old farts around them!) was simply awesome!OSU was clearly playing for PKs, so it was especially rewarding when the Zips refused to allow it. BTW, I thought the game was called pretty evenly except for the so-called "dive" by Steve in the 1st half that probably should have been a PK instead of a yellow for him :wall: I echo any opinion to have the next game at St. V. I thought it was pretty nice all in all, except for having only one port-a-potty lolGo Zips!! Let's continue the march through the Little 11.

HA!!!Excuse my language, but WHAT A F*CKING JOKE!"NCAA COMMITTEE HAS RULED THE NEXT ROUND GAME WILL BE PLAYED IN CHICAGO ON SUNDAY AT 2PM"Thanks NCAA, thanks for screwing us again!
You HAVE got to be freaking kidding me????? The NCAA is an absolute joke. This had BETTER not be true. Neutral site ... MAY-BE. CHICAGO??? NO WAY! I can't believe how pissed-off I am right now.

HA!!!Excuse my language, but WHAT A F*CKING JOKE!"NCAA COMMITTEE HAS RULED THE NEXT ROUND GAME WILL BE PLAYED IN CHICAGO ON SUNDAY AT 2PM"Thanks NCAA, thanks for screwing us again!
Somebody HAS to at least get an explanation for this. This would NEVER happen the other way around (Little 11 team being forced to give up the home field). They (NCAA) will probably come up with some BS about UA "home field" not being suitable as being the reason for the switch. I wonder if the OSU coach's trade is in any way related. :rolleyes:

After Wednesday’s game, the NCAA committee ruled that Akron’s home game against the Wildcats will be played at Northwestern Sunday at 2 p.m. (EST).Exact quote from gozips.com No neutral site...that's incredible. I'm sorry, but the big conference bias in undeniable. I can't even stand it any more.

ERRONEOUS! That's just crap. AND NORTHWESTERN IS CLOSER! Unbelieveable. :mad_flame::wall: :nutkick:AND NOW ITS AT NORTHWESTERN!? WOW. I MEAN WOW... where's the picture of Zippy flipping off the NCAA. BRING THAT BACK lol

THE LAST BAR ROOM BRAWL CHEER I HEARD WAS IN 1958 IN NORFOLK, VA. WHAT WAS OURS?FOR THOSE CURIOUS, THE CHEER FROM THE AF WAS 'WHAT COLOR IS S---, REPLY-- MARINE GREEN.WHAT A NITE!
1958, 2008, any day of any year them's fighting words! How many Air Farce Zoomies wound up in the hospital that night?GO ZIPS!SeeTeeZip

Re: the game being held at NW, how is that even possible? I went to today's game and was getting geared up for another game over the weekend, and now we get EFFFED hard like this? What an absolute PISSER. God damn you, to hell, NCAA. I hope the fine old farts who made this decision all die in fiery car crashes.GO ZIPS!SeeTeeZipper

I don't want to try to sound optimistic at all about this situation...but maybe we can think about this...Now that the NCAA has screwed us over...LET'S GO WIN THE WHOLE FLIPPIN' THING! Let's REALLY tick everyone at the NCAA off by doing THAT!This week Evanston...next week the North Pole...and two wins in Frisco, Texas...or the Moon since Frisco is too close to Akron!Let's just go wherever those idiots at the NCAA want us to and KICK BUTT!!!