2008 was a "season of opportunity"

ZachTheZip

http://www.ohio.com/sports/zips/35375204.htmlA very good article about what happened this season.Also, a quick look to what needs to be done for the future:
Looking to 2009, I have two sincere wishes for the Zips.One is that the classy and capable Brookhart is retained as head coach. It has been said that perhaps a new coach — one without three consecutive losing seasons — is needed with the new stadium on the horizon. But what of continuity headed into a new stadium? Brookhart has two years left on his contract and several solid recruiting classes in place, so it's not time to get on the coaching carousel.Second, perhaps it is time to look at the effectiveness — or lack thereof — of the 3-3-5 defense used by the Zips, but by few other Division I teams. Hint: Other teams don't use it for a reason. UA has depth on the defensive line, and nine months to put a new scheme in place.The 2008 season will be remembered for the wrong reasons. Maybe 2009 will be remembered for the right ones.

Nice article. I saw the season the same way. I like how Tom states the problem..."The defense — as any self-respecting Zips' fan will tell you — was the team's weak link."...and the fix!"Second, perhaps it is time to look at the effectiveness — or lack thereof — of the 3-3-5 defense used by the Zips, but by few other Division I teams.UA has depth on the defensive line, and nine months to put a new scheme in place"JD, type in "college defensive coordinators available" Research, make some phone calls. Viola, winning season.