Patrick Nicely

Well, Patrick Nicely makes his official visit to UA today. What a crappy-awful day for an official visit!!! 2 feet of snow and -27 wind chill factor outside!!! Wow!
Yeah, let's hope he doesn't make any ACC visits before signing day since I saw at one point he was holding out hope for an offer from one of those schools.

At my house on the west side of Akron, it was -10.8 when I got up this morning. Woohoo!GO ZIPS!STZ
Well, if you think it's bad there, you should be in Hawai'i. The governor shut down all schools and told state workers to stay home today, because of a high wind warning! I can't believe what whimps these people are. I had to walk to school through snow up to my waist!

At my house on the west side of Akron, it was -10.8 when I got up this morning. Woohoo!GO ZIPS!STZ
Well, if you think it's bad there, you should be in Hawai'i. The governor shut down all schools and told state workers to stay home today, because of a high wind warning! I can't believe what whimps these people are. I had to walk to school through snow up to my waist!
what constitutes a "high wind warning" for you?

Rivals.com reports the Nicely signing, but Scout.com does not.
Nicely committed last night.
What really has me worried, however, is that neither site is confirming that we have locked up the Tonganator (he has monster hands)!
He committed. There is nothing to worry about. At least not more than any other commitment.Personally - I'm worried about Jarvis Givens. Rivals says he's committed, but I haven't heard anything about him.

Rivals.com reports the Nicely signing, but Scout.com does not. What really has me worried, however, is that neither site is confirming that we have locked up the Tonganator (he has monster hands)!
Now if Phil decommits, I'm pulling my offer for that DUPLEX drealscout1 has been showing me :D Is it a penalty to jump off the top rope when playing D-Line?

Does anyone see a few QBs leaving with this signing?
Well, here is the thing, unless promised otherwise, he will likely redshirt this year (210 he needs to put on about 15-25 pounds). Plus Jacq is the qb this year. Chances are Rodgers would have to battle with him for the 2010 season. I think that is what he was promised an open battle to start next year. So maybe, if Rodgers thinks he might lose the battle, but I doubt, he will have the most experience and I think overall JD prefers having an upperclassman taking the snaps. Now, Miller, he might look for a transfer.

Watching the video, I LOVE how he did not hesitate once he made the decision to tuck and run. Height, poise, confidence, mobility, arm, accuracy, intelligence ... fun to dream a little, isn't it?! Nice commit for the Zips. The competition at QB should be interesting in August 2010.

One thing the video does not show that is critical to success at Akron: when in the shotgun, how well can he handle the ultra high snap? Perhaps we should be recruiting their center.

I think you meant to say that Nicely talked nicely about UA :lol:
This reminds me of an ex-Zip O-linemen from New Philly named Brock Knisely. I think the fact that he played at UA has caused a few of us to misspell Patrick's name during his recruitment. Anyway, I used to work with Brock and we would always tease him that a certain Asian fan was always extolling his gridiron prowess, as in"that Brock Knisely, he brock very nicely" :D

• 2 weeks later...
triumph this video just fits