Cameron Black

Found this Youtube video of Cameron.

Seems like a pretty good offensive player whose pretty active on the boards. Has a pretty nice touch around the basket. His jumper is kind of funky looking but seems to be effective. Certainly would like to know more about him. Would be pretty nice if we could go into Can't's back yard and steal one from them.

Two videos ... neither of any quality. Hard to tell who was doing what. Would like to see a video thatfocused in on Cameron Black and not Joel Hawksely.Talked briefly to a six-nine tenth grader from Timken. A Desmond something. Sorry, did not get hislast name. He was at the Cant game as well.Love seeing a strong interest in SIZE. You can't teach size. Then too, size isn't everything (ask your wife).

Two videos ... neither of any quality. Hard to tell who was doing what. Would like to see a video thatfocused in on Cameron Black and not Joel Hawksely.Talked briefly to a six-nine tenth grader from Timken. A Desmond something. Sorry, did not get hislast name. He was at the Cant game as well.Love seeing a strong interest in SIZE. You can't teach size. Then too, size isn't everything (ask your wife).
Joel Hawksley is the photography company as noted in the fine print. This is a video/slide show presentation used with proofs and not actual pictures. that's why they are marked as 'Joel Hawksley sports action photography'. the entire clip is of #20 Cameron Black.

Hopefully, in a couple of years the Zips can boast of the "Zac & Black Attack."In fact, I am putting a common law copyright on that phrase.
All the good Marketing phrases come from this board. "Fear the Roo" is only one of many. Z-Fund is another.You know all those towels waving at the K.e.n.t. game, they ain't terrible towels, they're - Roo Rags™Hopefully I get more from that one than I did "Z-Fund." :D

Cameron Black II was also spectating at today's CMU game. Apparently there is more than a passing interest. His father, Cameron Black, is his HS coach. He's more of a rebounder and shot blocker than a scorer, which would fit right in with the KD philosophy of defense first.http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news...evelts-offense/

Cameron Black II was also spectating at today's CMU game. Apparently there is more than a passing interest. His father, Cameron Black, is his HS coach. He's more of a rebounder and shot blocker than a scorer, which would fit right in with the KD philosophy of defense first.http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news...evelts-offense/
Wow, that is a HUGE high school team! Rivals doesn't have any bio on Cameron. However, his videos look like he's got some offense. He's probably still growing into his 6-9 body.

• 1 month later...
Cameron was in attendance Thursday night applauding the Zips efforts.
I hope like hell he picks the zips. Cameron, if you are reading this...this is from a UA student...student life at Xavier or Dayton isn't even comparable to that at Akron. And as for Ohio University...it's all hype. I've been to OU(I have friends there) and it's not as crazy as students there would make you think. Akron's just as fun, if not moreso.And I'm not biased one bit ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Wow that's interesting his preferred choice is to Akron. I'll leave it up to the coaches to rate his potential. Feel like Akron can play favorites at this point B)
Do you mean to say it's surprising a kid would chose Akron as his first choice? Hasn't Zeke taught you anything?Why doesn't this kid have a rivals profile? With an awards list like his, he should at least have a profile.

You know, it must be difficult, if not downright gut-wrenching, for the coaches to establish relationships with these players, yet only have a few scholarships that they are able to hand out. Next year we only have two schollies to give; Darryl Roberts deserves one and we are certainly holding one back, with our fingers crossed, for D-Payne. Are there gray shirts in basketball?

I think it just goes to show how bright the future is, and am I surprised? No not really. We are a team that will be a force to be reckoned with, and players realize that. I'm not sure how Black stacks up, but I know he won't be overlooked. This is where it pays off to have a top-notch coaching staff who knows talent when they see it.

It's great that he lists UA as his first choice, and ironic that he lists Penn State second, as Zeke's father starred at PSU.He's an intriguing prospect. The dimensions are certainly impressive for a high school junior (6-9, 225 lbs, 7-2 wingspan) -- pretty similar to both Adreian Payne and Andrew Parrish. His HS stats are not as impressive as their's. But poking around some HS basketball forums, I saw it mentioned that Black played the first half of the season on a bum foot, and someone made the observation that he was a real "beast" the second half of the season after his foot got better.The fact that he's not listed on Scout or Rivals could be bad and/or good news. It may be that they have evaluated him as not ready for D1, or it may be that they've just overlooked him. He could be a late bloomer who has started blossoming over the last year and isn't yet on everyone's radar. You'd think a player whose father coaches basketball might have an advantage in learning fundamentals at an early age. Maybe someone on this forum knows someone who has seen him play and can give us an unofficial evaluation.Finally, I just discovered that Rick Bolus' High Potential Basketball Recruiting Service's latest rankings have Black listed in the second 12 of Ohio's best HS underclassmen. So maybe he is starting to show up on some radars.Bolus Ratings

It's great that he lists UA as his first choice, and ironic that he lists Penn State second, as Zeke's father starred at PSU.He's an intriguing prospect. The dimensions are certainly impressive for a high school junior (6-9, 225 lbs, 7-2 wingspan) -- pretty similar to both Adreian Payne and Andrew Parrish. His HS stats are not as impressive as their's. But poking around some HS basketball forums, I saw it mentioned that Black played the first half of the season on a bum foot, and someone made the observation that he was a real "beast" the second half of the season after his foot got better.The fact that he's not listed on Scout or Rivals could be bad and/or good news. It may be that they have evaluated him as not ready for D1, or it may be that they've just overlooked him. He could be a late bloomer who has started blossoming over the last year and isn't yet on everyone's radar. You'd think a player whose father coaches basketball might have an advantage in learning fundamentals at an early age. Maybe someone on this forum knows someone who has seen him play and can give us an unofficial evaluation.Finally, I just discovered that Rick Bolus' High Potential Basketball Recruiting Service's latest rankings have Black listed in the second 12 of Ohio's best HS underclassmen. So maybe he is starting to show up on some radars.Bolus Ratings
I also see Allen Payne on there who Akron is going at really hard (according to him) his top 2 schools right now are Michigan and Dayton.

Black is darn decent player, for the most part. I am sure he is at least up to "invited walk-on" statuswith the Zips.Looking at the Bolus ratings find the names Reegie Keely and Drew McGee. They were the othertwo players the Zips offered the scholarship Zeke claimed.Cameron Black has a fair ways to travel to get to their level. He sure has size and you can'tteach size. Then, too, size isn't everything. I think we can all name a couple of players weall would love to see make better use of their size.