The Heisman, is it just a lodge?

RatFink

On these boards I see all this glitzy praise for Mike Thomas. For his actions of firing the unpopular and hiring the popular. Praise left and right for Mikey. Well,no praise

coming from this post.

Mikey and the rest of his lazy, fat assed staff are in a stupor over Charlie Frye.

If this were Marsahll or a real big time university the campaign for Charlie getting the Heisman would have been in full swing nearly a year ago.

Its not even being openly talked about.

Bet its the piddly thirty or forty thousand in advertisment money. An improptu effort by some of the car coach big wheels to raise the money off campus was met with a cold rebuff. Watch the lying denials on this one. I know the truth.

"We're doing something." To quote Mikey. Some thing what? Waiting for hell to freeze over or to see how a real big time program goes about it? Big time programs have shilled their kids for forty plus years. How to go about it is clearly defined. And, brother finese is not it. You have to stand on the roof tops and shout the name.

Its not too late for Charlie to bail out. Even just campaigning for the Heisman and a decent set of numbers from Charlie in the Fall guarantees two things. Charlie gets the first round selection he deserves and the university gets the attention it needs.

Wouldn't that just throughly piss off all the bucket heads. You know these people.

They demand that the Zips return to division III (college divison to them). They show up at Zips games sporting the scarlet and puce of the Suckeyes.

Do the deal, Charlie.

Ratfink, I don't necessarily disagree with your post, but am curious as to what you think the admin should be doing at this point? We are 5 1/2 months from the first kickoff, and summer (waiting for football anyway) feels like an eternity. Are we talking billboards, commercials, what?

I'd like to see the University help him get some free press. Bring on an intern or hire a young grad to focus on this task primarily. It would be a good experience and you could get him/her cheap. Talk to the papers daily, see if we can get some ink there. See if they can get him on the morning am sportsstations. Then as the season approaches, buy a couple half hour programs on local TV and do a few meet the new Zips with highlights on Frye.

I don't know how the big time schools do it, but thats where I'd start.

CatcherFrye.jpg

I hear there's a new beer that's all the rage in the Akron area? I couldn't tell you how many bottles I saw strewn about the Rubber Bowl parking lot last season? Rumor has it it may be re-introduced this fall in conjunction with the Fryeisman campaign? The 2004 version will actually have DOUBLE the "carbs" of the 2004 version, just to piss off all the low-carb wusses (ie. Miami and Can't fans)!

Well I agree with the Rat man. If UAM cannot sing the praises of our upcoming football team it sure as shit ought to be singing about #5. He is getting press on an unsolicited basis from others. Why not throw caution to the wind and let it fly.

CK is right too, they need a grunt to just have the assignment to "play with this thing" and see what they can generate. I imagine no one there has ever been close enough to a Heisman campaign anywhere to smell it. Why not? What is there to lose. :ninja:

Well I agree with the Rat man. If UAM cannot sing the praises of our upcoming football team it sure as shit ought to be singing about #5. He is getting press on an unsolicited basis from others. Why not throw caution to the wind and let it fly.

Ohhhh....you're gonna get it when Z-P reads that!! ;)

During the basketball season MT assured me that UA would promote Charlie Frye for the Heisman. The question seems to be "when?". There was no mention of Frye in the press release about the 2004 football schedule. Seems that would have been an excellent time to start promoting Charlie. That was a no cost golden opportunity to be such a campaign.

I like what several posters on this board have suggested about promoting Charlie. Especially the one about a huge painted billboard on the side of prominent buildings in downtown Cleveland and Akron.

In the past the university sponsered sportscasts on the local news. Maybe that would be an excellent time to daily promote Charlie. Oh, yeah, it just might boost attendance.

Guest Duh Huh

No one in their right mind would start a football campaign during the NCAA Basketball Tournament. If Akron has limited funds for advertising you would also not start a promotional campaign until closer to the season. Also, fans do not vote on awards, the media does. Any initial part of a push would be directed towards the media and would take part in the Spring when the writing for the fall preview mags is being done. :wave:

Chill out. There are 135 Cleveland Indians regular season games before the first fall football practice starts. :tomato:

Guest Lee Owens

Yeah, that is my real name. I may use Rat Fink which is what I am. Frye should have gone pro back in the Winter before he found out what type of a coaching fraud I really was. Not that he has a new bunch of coaches it will be clear as to why I got fired and could only find a job at a D-II school.

Who ever, You ain't the RatFink. I know, because I am the real RatFink and I would never post under any name except this one. RatFink has no need to hide.

Besides, you are dissing a good man by stealing his name. Then again, a name

like Weasal Lips probably wears well on you.

If you think you can, post under the name RatFink.

On to business. The Creakin' Latrine buried the Zips 2004 football schedule under

the caption "Can't State Signs". Who the hell cares about a late signee for that miserable foosball (I spelt it right) program?

The fricking UA SID should be all over David Morgan for that crap. The 2004 football

schedule deserves a bylined article. Princess Morgan needs to haul his fat ass away

from the donuts and Pepsi machine.

And DUH DUNDERHEAD show us your degree in marketing. Good marketing never

misses an opportunity for free publicity. Especially something that should have

gone out on a national wire.

The only way to get Charlie even a shot at the Heisman is to promote the hell out of

him. That means taking every opportunity and creating opportunities.

Do the deal, Charlie.

I may be mistaken but wasn't Frye on the billboards around town last year. Seems like thatwould be the case again this year as well unless someone has lost their mind. It may be a good idea to put up FRYE FOR PRESIDENT signs around town, he would do a better job that anybody else running.

I am pretty hyped about having a national TV game at the Rubber Bowl. This would be the first time that the Zips have played on the BIG network since the first game of the Faust run. I hope that there is also a local TV package put together like the one for basketball this past season. Coming of a 7 win season that should be done.

You have got to believe that some type of Frye hype will have begun by the time the Spring Football game is staged. When is that going to be? I will hold my thoughts on this subject until then. Just like the coward who is not registered said above, starting any type of push during the hoops tournament would be throwing money away. And as we all read in the local paper it really does not matter what the press release says the Beacon is only going to print what the beacon wants to print.

This is the first mention I have seen about the West Coast offense (in print).

I know they run it at Pitt and I mentioned once on the old board that

JD would probably be bringing it here and some poster disagreed.

Does anybody know if we are running a true West Coast offense this year?

Top 100 players to watch....#80 is Charlie Frye

:rolleyes:

West Coast...Spread. West Coast...Schwest Coast!

I may not be a coach, but I don't think JD's "new" offense will have a lot more sophistication than what LO used -- I just hope it makes more sense. We all discussed the delinquencies of last season, no need hana hou (repeat) there.

#5 will have little if any problem "adapting" to the "new offense". If anyone with more football knowledge than me disagrees, please speak up. As if you wouldn't!

:cheers: Here's to a possible 1st round draft pick QB in 04.

Guest WJRB32

The new offense is a lot more intense than last seasons. More ways for us to protect Charley out of the backfield and up front. We are determined to show people what we are made of. MAC look out.

Guest Guest_Z.I.P.

:bow:

Thanks for steppin up there, Mr. Bling-Bling 32. We're not lookin for flush. We're lookin for results. The nation is behind JD & the Krew, WJ.

Zip in Paradise

Straight outta Y-Pahu

p.s.: Does 66 need another shipment of coconuts?

:CK_brew:

Anybody put on some serious muscle in the offseason WJRB?

Who has stepped up in the weight room?

How about yourself? Working on speed?

Good to see your post, let the rest of the "gang" know we are

behind them and can't wait for the beginning of the season.

Beat Can't State WJRB ! :rock: