2004 Schedule

Z-P

:blink: 5 home games, the only early one vs 1AA MTSU...........

I really don't like this schedule.........it would have been much much better for a new system under a new coach to get early home games...........rather than taking our new look on the road to get it together.............

more later...........

The 2004 football schedule has the same fatal flaw that nearly every year since

going I-A had. One home game in the warm month of September. Going into

cooler October 1-3 or worse is fatal to home attendance. Smart programs schedule

two even three home games in September. Home games equate to wins.

Why play Cant State on a Thursday if its not at least on regional TV such as ESPN or FOX?

November Frozen Friday may keep the Herd faithful home. Especially if they are

having a rough season.

Guest BlueRaiderPride

Hold on there, Z-P.

MTSU has been 1-A since 1999 and has shown success in our tenure.

Not to mention that MTSU is 4-0 against the Zips at Akron's Rubber Bowl.

I like the schedule.

PSU is a weak Big 10 team. If we can formulate a defensive strategy, we can certainly compete with them.

MTSU @ home is a very winnable game. We'll draw 25K for it (+/- 5k, depending upon how we compete against Penn State)

UVA game will be tough. A beautiful road trip in September!

Can't is away...but it is a whopping 7 miles away. In my eyes, it is essentially a "home" game. We'll have as many fans there as Can't...probably more. Thursday night is a GREAT idea. :cheers: All the folks that sit on their butts watching OSU every Saturday (or any other TV game) can still come out and watch the Zips on a Thursday night. The weather will be fine. It makes this game standout from the sea of Saturday games. AND...peole have obviously learned their lesson that the Can't State/Akron has no business being played in late November (if you want people to actually show up at the stadium).

NIU is a great road game. A real chance to make a statement against a solid MAC West program. I was sick of playing EMU and CMU every damn year.

Buffalo @ home. Homecoming game.

@ UCF - Can't beat going to central Florida once the weather begins to turn cold. UCF is obviously a good opportunity for a road win too.

Ball State - Should be a good home test.

BYE week before Marshall is great!

Marshall: Having this game on a Friday night is a great opportunity. National TV for the best QB in the land! He deserves that! HS games will be done, except for playoffs. That means no conflicts with 95% of the local teams. And, many of the HS playoff games will be on Saturday anyhow, right? Marshall game in November gives us a great chance at a late-season 20K crowd too!

@ OU is another good opportunity for a road win.

Miami @ home. The weather in late November can only help us. I'd much rather play these guys on a "slow track" than a nice warm day in September. Again, if we're a good squad, this game has a chance to draw upwards of 15k.

MAC Championship game: We'll be ready! :D

Great schedule! :cheers::thumb:

Perfect analysis, My Captain :bow: . I will add on a few comments. Both Miami and Marshall will be different football teams. I like the Bye week B4 MU also. A nice cold November saturday afternoon at the Bowl for a great payback on the RedhawkSkins! :rock:

The schedule is the frikin schedule. There is nothing that can be done about it. Learn to love it. Its tons better than Iowa-Maryland-Virginia and an 0-6 start. Remember that my boyz.

:nutkick: Peace out. BTW sorry I could not pick up as you passed thorugh paradise the other day Padre! How s the Pinto. I had XM radio instaled in my GG (grocery getter). I love the 60's station. Now if I can just find Glen Bevk and Rush Limbaugh on the talk radio station, I will be a very happy Dude. :thumb:

:iws: My bad..........

That's what you get for being in a hurry..........I was just blowing thru everything and popped up the board and burped a post without giving it much thought.

To Blue Raider Pride..........I lived in Franklin and worked in M/boro from 81 to 85 and used to run on the MTSU campus........drove that old 2 lane 96 back and forth twice a day. M'boro to Franklin was 2 twelve ouncers ;) (for Cap'n benefit)........you already know that.

I had a big long Sopranos rant :gun: to drop on the board, but since it's 5 plus days late, we'll just let it go for this week...............there is just one thing I want to point out.....the way Adrianna is spilling her guts out to the Feds, I'm really really afraid any Sunday now she's gunna git capped. That would really suck because she really knows how to make a pair of black boycut panties look good :D

I've been on a helacious work run but now see the end of the tunnel........so I'll be able to share my wisdom with you sluggies a little more frequently starting this weekend.

And I still haven't given that schedule the serious Pastie analysis...........however, as an NIU Alum, I do like the fact we will finally be going to DeKalb. :cheers:

Tougher schedule but hey, nothing could be easy as last year. Both PSU and Virginia, are top 25 teams, but not top 5 teams. The Zips have shown they can play with teams in the 15-25 list. A coveted game with Marshall on ESPN, what an opportunity for the city, university, and team to shine. The last time we made ESPN was Faust's early years. Home games with the big dogs Marshall and Miami will help as well. I love the open date before Marshall. Even going in there with 1 MAC loss puts us fighting for a title. MTSU had Missouri beat last year. They are definitely no pushover. They always play Tennesee tough as well.

Overall, I am excite for football. I don't expect 10-1, but I don't see 1 team on the schedule that the Zips can't beat and that they can't play with. Having Can't in week 4 also gives the team a chance to get their feet wet. But a Saturday game in VA coming back on Thursday will be rough. Who does Can't play the 18th? Hopefully they are traveling as well.