Payne visiting Akron???

man i'd love it if he just verballed with us and ended up going elsewhere so everyone else in the mac shit their pants for a few months. :lol:
No offense to zippyrifle32, but I nominate this for worst post ever.
No offense to you, but you must not read these boards enough.
So you don't see the insanity in WANTING Payne to commit to the Zips just to get the rest of the conference wound up only to rip out Zips fans hearts by de-committing a few months later? Sounds like great fun to me.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually do want him to verbal to Akron, even if he changes his mind later on. It would make headlines, and show that we're beginning to consistently have top talent consider playing here and that Zeke signing on isn't some kind of fluke.It would be good for Mr. Payne, too. If he wants to narrow down his options he could verbal to us, which would shock lots of his recruiters, and see who sticks around compared to who dumps him.

If Payne is gonna verbal to us (there's like a 1% chance of that and we won't know till his senior year anyway) I want him to mean it!!!A. Payne Verbals with Akron, Signs with Akron, stays at Akron for more than a yearB. Payne Verbals with Akron, Signs with Akron, leaves after a year of eating MAC teams for breakfastC. Payne Verbals with Akron, Signs with OSUD. Payne passes on Akron after we make his shortest short list, Signs with OSU E. Payne passes on Akron, Signs with OSUF. Payne passes on Akron, Signs with Can't Who knows though, the media would go nuts over something like this (and I'm getting a little sick of NFL draft news). Though I would probably throw up, a Payne verbal and signing elsewhere might be a really good thing for the future success of the program. At this point I'd personally rather we get guys who want to work hard and contribute to the team(like ZEKE), not just use us as part of their grand scheme.Wasn't the dumbest comment ever... just make me puke a little :)

I think you are all crazy if you really think Payne verballing to Akron, and then de-committing would actually be a good thing. It would leave us scrambling to fill a scholarship that would be voided by Payne. Payne verballing would have an impact on future recruits, but by de-committing it would basically cancel it out.

So you don't see the insanity in WANTING Payne to commit to the Zips just to get the rest of the conference wound up only to rip out Zips fans hearts by de-committing a few months later? Sounds like great fun to me.
No I agree, that would be a pretty odd thing to hope for. But to call that the worst post on zipsnation would be stretching it. I've seen some pretty stupid ideas proposed on here before.

I'm starting to like the chances of Payne picking the Zips more and more. Just a feeling after reading other message boards and how many of those schoolsare just throwing out token offers, or trying to impress him with visits via private jets which shows me that they haven't been paying attention to how different his attitude is when it comes to being recruited.
In reality, those are the reasons people feel he will end up at Dayton. Let's not get carried away, the chances of Payne coming to Akron are slim to none.
Actually the probability is now up to 13.04065%

I'm starting to like the chances of Payne picking the Zips more and more. Just a feeling after reading other message boards and how many of those schoolsare just throwing out token offers, or trying to impress him with visits via private jets which shows me that they haven't been paying attention to how different his attitude is when it comes to being recruited.
In reality, those are the reasons people feel he will end up at Dayton. Let's not get carried away, the chances of Payne coming to Akron are slim to none.
Alright, I'll bite... what are you using for the variables in your quadratic equation?

Alright, I'll bite... what are you using for the variables in your quadratic equation?
I would love to share this info with you, but it is proprietary. Good news. The probability of his Ziphood is now up to 13.040651%.

I would love to share this info with you, but it is proprietary. Good news. The probability of his Ziphood is now up to 13.040651%.
What a drastic improvement. I am affraid with such a large step size, your formula maybe unstable. :blink: I can't believe i just typed that crap.

Some quotes from Mr. Payne.

As for his relationship with the Buckeyes, Payne says that Ohio State really hasn’t been recruiting him as aggressively as people might think. He didn’t offer up any reasons why either.“They really haven’t been calling me or recruiting me as much right now,” Payne told Buckeyesports.com of Ohio State. “It’s been kind of quiet with them compared to what people think it is.”
“My community would like me to stay home,” said Payne. “Everywhere I go I hear people telling me that I should stay in Dayton. I let them talk, but I don’t really focus on it. I’m open to go anywhere.”

And something else, too. His Scout.com profile has changed around who he's interested in.WVU's on top, but more importantly Dayton is now listed as "Low Interest".
Interesting. All the talk that I've heard had Dayton in the lead for his services. Maybe he's cooled on the Flyers? Ofcourse scout still doesn't even list us as being on the radar and we know from his comments last weekend that that isn't true. Not sure how much you can rely on scout when it comes to stuff like this.

And something else, too. His Scout.com profile has changed around who he's interested in.WVU's on top, but more importantly Dayton is now listed as "Low Interest".
Dayton has been listed on Scout as "low interest" for over a year now. It means nothing. The same with the update of WVU now being "high interest". I would beat that someone from WVU's site is the one that updated it. None of this information has come from Payne, so I wouldn't read much into it.