2005 Schedule is out

Zippy989

Your right Zippy 989. Playing Miami and BG 2 out of 3 weeks on the road is going to be tough. Most likely it will define their season. At least as far as the conference is concerned. Hopefully they come out of the Miami game unscathed. Even if they lose they need to make it close so that way they'll have some momentum when Army visits the bowl.

So what if the Can't game is on a Wednesday at the end of the season. The day before Thanksgiving aparently isn't the problem! Most are woried about poor records from both schools! My question is....... what happened to the rivalry?? If both teams were 0-9 I'd still try to go because :screwks: . This is our version of Browns -v- Steelers or OSU -v- Michigan. Going to the Can'y game shouldn't be about records, it should be about beating hippies! :chair: I love the MAC almost as much as the Zips, but somethings we aren't. Everybody has to stop comparing us to the Big 10 small 11 or the BCS. The MAC is taking the right route by standing on its own and promoting conference rivalries. Personally I would like to see more promotion of MAC league standings. Worry about the effect of OoC money games later. Instead of looking at 1-1 or 0-2 to start the season, we need to see it as 0-0 for the NIU game and just the begining of our season. If we run the table (not an easy thing in the MAC) then worry about the effects of those first two games. Personally I'd rather see a MAC title before a bowl win.

Best of Luck to the 2005 Zips!

You've already got them talking!

MAC

better ingredients

better football

:thumb:

Akron could not beat MTSU at home with Charlie, it ain't happening on the road.

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Thanks to Zip Watcher, I'm back at it again and I have a lot to say. Thanks ZW.

Just a quick point of fact. We didn't win many games at all with Charlie (19 to be exact).

Onward and upward.

Akron could not beat MTSU at home with Charlie, it ain't happening on the road.

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Thanks to Zip Watcher, I'm back at it again and I have a lot to say. Thanks ZW.

Just a quick point of fact. We didn't win many games at all with Charlie (19 to be exact).

Onward and upward.

Point taken.

Before Charlie....

1999- 7-4

2000- 6-5 (MAC East co-champs)

With Charlie....

2001-4-7

2002- 4-8

2003- 7-5

2004- 6-5

Point taken.

Before Charlie....

With Charlie....

I would say it is more like:

"Before, when we had a defense that could stop someone on occassion. And, we established the run."

"After, when we had an atrocious defense while also ceasing to present any semblance of a balanced offensive attack."

Frye won as many games as any D1 quarterback could (@ Akron) given the offensive and defensive talent of the team and the coaching. Maybe more?

If you thought you saw a conservative passing attack @ Penn State last year, wait until you see us at Purdue this season. Does a single pass go beyond 15 yards?

Unlike the transition from Butchie to Frye...this one isn't going to be seamless. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems like the Sparks/Frye battle was about "Who's better?" while the "Getsy/Arthur/Fergie" battle is about "Who's more 'OK'?"

Biggs left, Biggs middle, Biggs right. Probably going to see a lot of that.

We've been blessed with some pretty good QB's over the past what, 7 years. I just hope someone steps up. Can't believe we're calling Getsy "OK" when he was battling Palko last season. I thought we would be in better shape at QB right now.

A phrase I heard that rang true is: "Keep in mind, Palko couldn't hold Frye's jock strap."

Yeah, he's a "Big East QB", but he would have sat behind #5 last year if he were a Zip. I guarantee Palko won't be a first day NFL pick (when his time comes).

Hey, I hope Getsy shakes off the rust and wins the job this summer. I'll be the first in line for the #16 jersey. But is looks like the jury is still out.

A phrase I heard that rang true is: "Keep in mind, Palko couldn't hold Frye's jock strap."

The biggest difference between Palko and "Superman" is that Palko is a winner and "Superman" is not. Palko lead Pitt, after starting the season 2-2, to a huge win against Notre Dame and a BCS Bowl Game. Where did "Superman" lead us? Quick, name another starter for Pitt last season.....................too late, you coudn't do it fast enough. Their team was crap and he lead them to a BCS Game.

If you folks think I am harsh, just wait until 5 loses in the NFL. NFL fans will tear him to shreads like he has never experienced before. It will make my posts look like kids play.

That's OK though, just keep the 5 excuse train running. It gives me material for my soon to be post titled "The 101 Piss Poor Excuses for 5 Not Winning". Who should be the jock holder again?

Their team was crap and he lead them to a BCS Game.

The BCS "led" Pitt to a BCS game. not Tyler Palko.

If you think Pitt would have received anything but an invite to the Motor City Bowl had they not received the sorry-ass Big LEast automatic BCS bid, you have at least one thing in common with Josh Cribbs (puff, puff, puff)

Great win vs. Notre Dame? Wow...ND was a juggernaut last year.

How 'bout Palko's riveting performance vs. Furman? UConn? Were any of his "wins" vs Rutgers or Temple? Yes, two. They also nailed mighty South Florida. That home loss to doormat Nebraska was impressive too, as was the 35-7 Fiesta Bowl beating to non-BCS Utah (quick, name another player on Utah's roster besides Alex Smith...I THOUGHT so!) Man, the Dude is a "winner." :rolleyes:

Palko couldn't hold Frye's jock strap.

Their team was crap and he lead them to a BCS Game.

The BCS "led" Pitt to a BCS game. not Tyler Palko.

If you think Pitt would have received anything but an invite to the Motor City Bowl had they not received the sorry-ass Big LEast automatic BCS bid, you have at least one thing in common with Josh Cribbs (puff, puff, puff)

Great win vs. Notre Dame? Wow...ND was a juggernaut last year.

How 'bout Palko's riveting performance vs. Furman? UConn? Were any of his "wins" vs Rutgers or Temple? Yes, two. They also nailed mighty South Florida. That home loss to doormat Nebraska was impressive too, as was the 35-7 Fiesta Bowl beating to non-BCS Utah (quick, name another player on Utah's roster besides Alex Smith...I THOUGHT so!) Man, the Dude is a "winner." :rolleyes:

WOW CK, you and Zips Win are making my points for me today. The evidence you use points to the fact that Pitt did suck, which they did. If you read my post again, I never say that Palko is a great QB. All I said was that he is a winner, and the record proves so. I'll take a winner any day over a sub 50% player.

That home loss to doormat Nebraska was impressive too, as was the 35-7 Fiesta Bowl beating to non-BCS Utah (quick, name another player on Utah's roster besides Alex Smith...I THOUGHT so!) Man, the Dude is a "winner." :rolleyes:

The one Pitt game I did watch was the Nebraska game.

I watched it specifically to see how "great" Palko was since Getsy transfered.

I had a pretty good feeling from watching that game, if Getsy couldn't beat

Palko out, we wern't getting another Charlie Frye.

Palko was throwing balls two yards short on easy outs, throwing the ball up

for grabs. Terrible decision making. He would have made Akrons defense

look great last year had we played them.

To compare Frye and Palko is nuts.

Oh yeah, one more thing... :screwks:

All I said was that he is a winner, and the record proves so.

Palko had 6 Division 1 wins in 2004, as did Frye. How does that record make him such a "winner?" Pitt's schedule was pathetic...if they dropped Hawai'i over the summer, you'd swear Lee Owens had a hand in drawing it up...yet this "winner' could only muster 6 D1 wins?

It took Palko until the final day of summer practice to beat out a guy that presently is struggling to beat Jabari Arthur and John Ferguson. Nuff said.

Palko couldn't hold Frye's jockstrap.

Palko had 6 Division 1 wins in 2001, as did Frye. How does that record make him such a "winner?" Pitt's schedule was pathetic

It took Palko until the final day of summer practice to beat out a guy that presently is struggling to beat Jabari Arthur and John Ferguson. Nuff said.

Palko couldn't hold Frye's jockstrap.

Don't forget the fact the Palko was playing with

Walt Harris recruits while Charlie was playing with LO recruits.

Probalbly a tad difference in talent level. :beam:

Only thing Palko does better than Charlie is use the "F" word in interviews. :eek:

• 4 months later...
Don't see how any of you people see a seven win season out of this schedule.

0-3 out of the box is a mortal lock. Purdue = loss. Akron could not beat MTSU at home with Charlie, it ain't happening on the road. Ditto for Northern Illinois.

CMU and Army at home are tossups and so are Ball State & Buffalo on the road. 0-3-4

Akron is not going to go to Miami or Bowling Green and win. 0-5-4

Can't and Ohio games are tough to call because of the time of year. 0-5-6

I do not see any clear wins with a young line, first year QB, and a tough early schedule. Last season's team rebounded from the 0-3 start due to veteran leadership. This team does not have that type of personnel. If the team splits the tossup games from above it's a 3-8 season. Just winning the home tossups makes it 4-7.

3-4 wins is what I expect.

:lol::iws: