Boals to OSU as assistant?

powerofx

I could MAYBE see it getting done if our end of the 1 and 1 was moved to the Q. I don't think you are ever going to get OSU (or probably any other Big 11 team for that matter) into the JAR. Maybe a team like Northwestern, but even that is doubtful. I wouldn't mind a matchup against OSU at the Q though. Like Buckzip said, I think we could put a good scare into the Buckeye's and maybe even take them down.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff is a great guy and I wish him all the best.We were fortunate to have him for as long as we did.Can't won multiple MAC championships with three entirely different coaching staffs within a decade. If the Zips program is as good as we all believe it is, I think this is a disappointing, but very minor setback.

akron will have a hard time finding teams to play home & home next year.kd needs to find the best competitionin a preseason tourney's next year.teams like osu ect then cannot avoid playing you then.on a neutral court i like our chances against anyone.playing teams like osu ect on thier home court is a waste of time.it basically becomes a foul shooting contest with osu shooting ten for every one akron shoots.

I could MAYBE see it getting done if our end of the 1 and 1 was moved to the Q. I don't think you are ever going to get OSU (or probably any other Big 11 team for that matter) into the JAR. Maybe a team like Northwestern, but even that is doubtful. I wouldn't mind a matchup against OSU at the Q though. Like Buckzip said, I think we could put a good scare into the Buckeye's and maybe even take them down.
Didn't we get Purdue here a few years ago?

akron will have a hard time finding teams to play home & home next year.kd needs to find the best competitionin a preseason tourney's next year.teams like osu ect then cannot avoid playing you then.on a neutral court i like our chances against anyone.playing teams like osu ect on thier home court is a waste of time.it basically becomes a foul shooting contest with osu shooting ten for every one akron shoots.
Very true. However, they will then use the excuse of it was a meaningless game and they played all their players, etc....

Hats off to this coach. A person with ambition like this is exactly the type of coach we want at UofA. He did everything the right way and has EARNED this chance to move to a larger conference, more money, better long term opportunity, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
The final news on Academic Progress Rate scores and ramifications should be released next week, and Matta confirmed that OSU could lose two scholarships
Hmm....I wonder why Akron hoops doesn't have this problem...
I wonder how it would affect their recruiting. When do APR sanctions go into effect? If it's in 2009 it could cause some problems for them but it wouldn't affect their pursuit of Payne. If it's in 2010, things could get interesting.

• 1 year later...

Just saw a shot of Coach Boals standing next to Thad Matta on ESPN. Just wondering a bit how much we miss him. Our big men seemed to do very well while he was with us and the bigs at Ohio State are doing very well the past two years (of course I'm sure that isn't all due to him). I just think he was a really good big man's coach.

Just saw a shot of Coach Boals standing next to Thad Matta on ESPN. Just wondering a bit how much we miss him. Our big men seemed to do very well while he was with us and the bigs at Ohio State are doing very well the past two years (of course I'm sure that isn't all due to him). I just think he was a really good big man's coach.

+1,999,999,999,000000000 *I'm just sayin*

I said a year ago Boals leaving was the worst thing for Zeke. He'll be a head coach soon.

He's very much on the radar of many.

Thought it was cool to see Boals and Lamont Paris facing each other as asst. coaches today. Thats a real credit to KD and our program.

CONGRATULATIONS Lamont! :thumb: (easy way to hate on tosu without having to head over to the Smack forum ;) )

I said a year ago Boals leaving was the worst thing for Zeke. He'll be a head coach soon.

He's very much on the radar of many.

Thought it was cool to see Boals and Lamont Paris facing each other as asst. coaches today. Thats a real credit to KD and our program.

CONGRATULATIONS Lamont! :thumb: (easy way to hate on tosu without having to head over to the Smack forum ;) )

uh oh, here comes buckzip.

+1,999,999,999,000000000 *I'm just sayin*

Should Akron drop some major coin and get some big name to come in and work with Zeke? Make him what he can be and you'll get it all back. This is our potential program changer--gotta do all you can to get the most out of him.