What I want to see...

xu9697

before September 5th (the sooner, the better!!!):1. I want to see Kangaroo "paws" lining the streets and walkways to the stadium. Clemson does this with the Tiger paw. I think Massilon might do something similar. This would be unique (the Kangaroo part).2. I want to an e-mail or snail mail announcing the day I can pick my seats. 3. Turf rolling out on Info on the Web Cam.4. An announcement about updated uniforms. There doesn't have to be a drastic change as the Akron brand is building with the A-Roo, Fear the Roo, etc. Simplify like Jacksonville Jaguars just did to improve and grow the brand. I still say that I always love to see the university name on the helmet, especially if you are looking to get your name out there. "Akron" on the helmet, A-Roo on jersey sleeves. UCF did a nice uni change when unveiling their new stadium.5. Road game information. I already have my hotel in State College.6. A glorious scoreboard, rising from the dirt.7. The view from my new seats.8. A game time for Penn State.9. A game time for Morgan State.10. My parking assignment. I saw all the lots on the new site for the stadium. I assume, as a season ticket holder, I will have one of the priority lots.11. Some updated Akron apparel. My head is not so big that I should not be able to get an nice, unstructured A-Roo hat that fits my head (with the bottom touching my ears). It was amazing how short the hats were at the bookstore when I was there a few weeks ago. New jerseys, a nice Akron jacket...Akron on the back, A-Roo on the chest. I am ready to dump some cash at the bookstore or new team shop. C'mon UA, Adidas, etc....step it up!!!12. More information about who is partnering with UA for advertising...Ohio Brewing, Sheraton Cuyahoga Falls, etc.13. A large "A-Roo" spotlight symbol over the university..kind of like the Bat signal!!! (OK, that might be going a bit far).14. My hotel room in State College. This will let me know that the time is near.14 things I want to see...matching the 14 Zips wins I want to see!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Massillon might do something similar.
Just for the record, Massillon doesn't have any "paw prints" that go out into the streets. Actually, I don't think they have any on the roads near their football stadium. However, I would like to see some kangaroo prints by the Info! :thumb:
Mogadore does this for their football stadium. (Wildcat paws if I'm not mistaken)

Just for the record, Massillon doesn't have any "paw prints" that go out into the streets. Actually, I don't think they have any on the roads near their football stadium. However, I would like to see some kangaroo prints by the Info! :thumb:
Mogadore does this for their football stadium. (Wildcat paws if I'm not mistaken)
We HAD kangaroo prints leading up to the Rubber Bowl. They're still painted on the roads, although they're fading.

16. A billboard with the home schedule on it.
There's a giant banner with the complete 2009 football schedule hanging on the JAR.
A giant banner on the JAR is nice, but only students will see that, the stadium itself will sell the students. Students can't miss the stadium now. Should be the talk on campus in the fall. We need something for Joe Akron. When I was going to school there was a cool billboard of Jason Taylor on Exchange toward Arlington. THAT is what we need. Advertising for billboards has to be at a ten year low right now. A billboard advertising the new stadium with home dates on it, or just a billboard with the opening date on it. Small Zips football logo lower right.

Very common here in the South. Tiger Paws, Dawg Paws, Pitchforks, etc, etc,I believe that would be very cool if they did that around the Info.

16. A billboard with the home schedule on it.
You know I love ya DrZ, but after the lack of success of billboard marketing over the past 20 years, what makes you think billboards will work? Is it that sooner or later you may be like the broken clock being correct twice a day with this idea? Come to think of it, a billboard sales rep should donate one to UofA and claim credit for the increased ticket sales next year. He could say something like, "It wasn't the new state of the art stadium, or the buzz of the newe stadium, or countless articles in the ABJ, it was the billboard on West Market Street!"How did the Can't State billboard on Rt8 work out for them last year? Perhaps 10-20 more people showed up for games total because of it?Billboards don't sell tickets. The only reason athletic departments use them is because they don't have any better ideas and they heard about them at a conference they went to. I'm sure the debate will continue......

I'll stop my personal crusade, but how many people here notice Ken+'s billboards? I do. Plus they don't have to be lame like Ken+'s. We can do something cool. There are good student artists at the U.I don't think a billboard sells tickets, it builds brand imaging. It should not be your only source of advertising.Creative BillboardsHow about the Exchange Street billboard that reads: "From Here I Can See My Seats at InfoCision Stadium"billboards02.jpg

I'll stop my personal crusade, but how many people here notice Ken+'s billboards? I do.
Why K.e.n.t. advertises their football program on billboards in Akron is beyond me. Why they advertise their Three-Decade-Plus train wreck of a program at all baffles me.It does look bad when your rival is promoting themselves all over town, and you...the home town team...are marketing-wise invisible.I believe strategically-placed, clever billboards are an essential piece of the sports marketing pie. Especially when there is no local TV or radio option available.

GP...some good points.Posting schedules is not the problem. The problem is that people are NOT interested in going. For the most part, I believe that the general public knows Akron has a football team, and that they play several home games each year (although I still doubt whether many of them know we play D-1A). The fanfare surrounding the new stadium will generate new interest from the general public, at least initially. And any other festivities that create a great experience for people and their families will hopefully sustain some of that interest. What I want to see??Forget about the first couple of home games...everyone will want to be there, and it's going to be awesome. But, I want to see 20k show up for that November home game in cold weather against lowly EMU. That will show me that we truly have some new potential fans in the mix, and not just new stadium curiosity seekers. But down the road, we're still going to need some wins against big programs, and some attention on a national level, if are going to sustain their interest...long term.

I'll stop my personal crusade, but how many people here notice Ken+'s billboards? I do.
Why K.e.n.t. advertises their football program on billboards in Akron is beyond me.
I don't like seeing their ugly yellow color all over Akron billboards either. But if billboards is how they want to TRY to market their football program, what other choice do they really have to get a high amount of exposure except in Akron? My guess would be that they have just as many alums living in the Akron area as we do.

What I want to see??Forget about the first couple of home games...everyone will want to be there, and it's going to be awesome. But, I want to see 20k show up for that November home game in cold weather against lowly EMU. That will show me that we truly have some new potential fans in the mix, and not just new stadium curiosity seekers. But down the road, we're still going to need some wins against big programs, and some attention on a national level, if are going to sustain their interest...long term.
That wont happen without a winning program. You have to remember, we're talking about Northeast Ohioans. The front runners of a lifetime. If Ohio State weren't guaranteed a BCS bowl with their weak schedule then you wouldn't see nearly as many OSU t shirts around here.

I like billboards for the simple fact it keeps UA in people's minds. It sort of marks out our territory, kinda like when my dog used to pee on our mailbox. We should have billboards all over the Akron area - Summit, Stark, Medina, Wayne & Portage Counties. Yes, we should have billboards in Can't. NO, Can't should never have billboards in Akron! Have vmd9 design a sick billboard. It might not sell a single ticket, but it keeps our name out there; kinda helps paint the town blue & gold.

I like billboards for the simple fact it keeps UA in people's minds. It sort of marks out our territory, kinda like when my dog used to pee on our mailbox. We should have billboards all over the Akron area - Summit, Stark, Medina, Wayne & Portage Counties. Yes, we should have billboards in Can't. NO, Can't should never have billboards in Akron! Have vmd9 design a sick billboard. It might not sell a single ticket, but it keeps our name out there; kinda helps paint the town blue & gold.
Yeah I agree completely. I want to see more stuff like that ROO TOWN siding on the Indoor Practice facility.I think it would be cool to put on the face of the bridge going over Route 8 at the Carroll St. Exit. Maybe another ROO TOWN sign covering the whole thing. It can't be that expensive and like B&G said, it puts UA in the minds of everyone who drives by.

What I want to see??Forget about the first couple of home games...everyone will want to be there, and it's going to be awesome. But, I want to see 20k show up for that November home game in cold weather against lowly EMU. That will show me that we truly have some new potential fans in the mix, and not just new stadium curiosity seekers. But down the road, we're still going to need some wins against big programs, and some attention on a national level, if are going to sustain their interest...long term.
That wont happen without a winning program. You have to remember, we're talking about Northeast Ohioans. The front runners of a lifetime. If Ohio State weren't guaranteed a BCS bowl with their weak schedule then you wouldn't see nearly as many OSU t shirts around here.
Oh man u just pissed off every Suckeye fan with that statement haha...I bash their schedule on a daily basis, along with PissU, and every time I get a long rant from an angry fan saying that they have the hardest schedule in the world!

Yeah I agree completely. I want to see more stuff like that ROO TOWN siding on the Indoor Practice facility.I think it would be cool to put on the face of the bridge going over Route 8 at the Carroll St. Exit. Maybe another ROO TOWN sign covering the whole thing. It can't be that expensive and like B&G said, it puts UA in the minds of everyone who drives by.
I agree. We need to get the name out to fans that want to see DI football.

Syracuse, a few years ago, used a big banner of one of their players saying something to the effect of "New York's College Football Team". It was hanging in Times Square. Obviously, that was a rough sell since Syracuse was struggling and, though in NJ, I believe Rutgers is closer.Anywho...how about a big banner of Chris Jacq in Public Square in downtown Cleveland? Better yet, Playhouse Square (most like Times Square, though I'm not really comparing them)!Use the old "Cleveland +" slogan and say, "NE Ohio's College Football Team". Hey, it's a stretch..but it makes things interesting!

Syracuse, a few years ago, used a big banner of one of their players saying something to the effect of "New York's College Football Team". It was hanging in Times Square. Obviously, that was a rough sell since Syracuse was struggling and, though in NJ, I believe Rutgers is closer.Anywho...how about a big banner of Chris Jacq in Public Square in downtown Cleveland? Better yet, Playhouse Square (most like Times Square, though I'm not really comparing them)!Use the old "Cleveland +" slogan and say, "NE Ohio's College Football Team". Hey, it's a stretch..but it makes things interesting!
CMU has a 60-foot tall Dan LeFevour banner hanging right in the middle of Detroit's pro sports complex. We need to do the same thing in Cleveland.