Penn State game

ZachTheZip

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they will miss out on 5 catches this year
yeah, but weren't Penn State fans saying that they were returning WRs with experience that weren't starters? I can only assume that this guy was one of the ones being referred to.
Just trying to get a laugh. Losing a senior could only hurt them.

Well, not to disparage Mr. McDonald's skills or prior contributions, but he is a fifth-year senior who has already been passed on the depth chart by underclassmen. Here is the PSU WR depth chart as of the end of spring practice:Derek Moye 3A.J. Price 0Patrick Mauti 0Brett Brackett 14James McDonald 6J.D. Mason 0Graham Zug 12Chaz Powell 2Ryan Scherer 0Looks like James is the #5 WR. Could he contribute? Absolutely. Barring tons of injuries, was he apt to make a huge difference on the field? Doesn't appear so.Some of you Zips are not reading your own thread. There has been some good discussion about Akron and Penn STATE's respective strengths/weaknesses. (BTW, is there an Akron State? Is that why you guys keep getting confused between the University of Pennsylvania (Penn) and the Pennsylvania State University (Penn State)? I, too, think you guys have a good chance against Penn. Against Penn State -- not so much . . . . )Less than 7 weeks until kick-off! Keep that enthusiasm level cranked up -- I am getting excited to see your offense test our new secondary. Should be a good test and building block for the rest of the season.Lions_84

penn state sucks.penn state sucks.p-e-n-n-s-t-sucks.takin a page out of the pitt fight song for this one.You're better off taking a page out of the pitt fight song rather than their playbook. When was the last time they competed for the NC? When was the last time they won the mighty Big East title?(Can't wait for some pitt homer to say, "We beat Penn State, 12 - 0, last time we played." Then I can respond, "48 - 14!"Keep up the energy level, Zips fans!

penn state sucks.penn state sucks.p-e-n-n-s-t-sucks.takin a page out of the pitt fight song for this one.You're better off taking a page out of the pitt fight song rather than their playbook. When was the last time they competed for the NC? When was the last time they won the mighty Big East title?(Can't wait for some pitt homer to say, "We beat Penn State, 12 - 0, last time we played." Then I can respond, "48 - 14!"Keep up the energy level, Zips fans!
lol all you PSU fans are the same. I'm not going into the Pitt-PSU rivalry because this is a Zips board. (By the way, I was at the last game when Pitt beat PSU, good times.)GO ZIPS!!

Lol, Pitt's not that bad, they only lost to Bowling Green by 10. :)

Lol, Pitt's not that bad, they only lost to Bowling Green by 10. :)
Thanks for the silver lining view, Scott!!Any updates on your team, Zips? You're hearing the Penn State news: McDonald off the team, Clark pumped up to 240 lbs/3% body fat, Sean Lee eager to hit someone besides a teammate, etc. B)
No news is good news. Akron has a history of our top recruits not being on the team by the first game, but supposedly that's no longer a problem. Once camp starts up, we'll find out about position battles and stuff. I'm thinking that the QB spot will see a battle, despite returning a QB who started for two years already.

Thanks for the update, Kid!Johnny, that statistic fits me!!
:lol: I would add that we might see a good battle for Zip placekicker (incumbent Igor Iveljic vs challenger Bronco Rogovic). I was even thinking about starting a separate thread for it. Even though Rodgers apparently has the intrigue of Walt Harris, the QB spot will be hard to take from Jacq.

So now I hear that Penn State DT Abe Koroma has been suspended for the year after failing three drug tests.
Kid, you either have great sources or brown eyes (the latter b/c you are full of crap). :P Checked a few on-line sources -- nada on this story. Of course, I live in North Carolina, which is not a hotbed of Big10(11) football.Do you guys run a gameday thread? If you don't mind (assuming I can't get to Happy Valley for this game) I'd like to discuss the game in realtime when it FINALLY gets to 5 Sep.

So now I hear that Penn State DT Abe Koroma has been suspended for the year after failing three drug tests.
Kid, you either have great sources or brown eyes (the latter b/c you are full of crap). :P Checked a few on-line sources -- nada on this story. Of course, I live in North Carolina, which is not a hotbed of Big10(11) football.Do you guys run a gameday thread? If you don't mind (assuming I can't get to Happy Valley for this game) I'd like to discuss the game in realtime when it FINALLY gets to 5 Sep.
I read that one on the Scout boards. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=4524450Also, we have a live chat feature on gamedays for discussion in realtime.

I read that one on the Scout boards. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=4524450Thanks, Kid! Interesting that they've been discussing for two days but it hasn't shown up anywhere else. But, hey!, every story -- true or false -- starts somewhere.Also, we have a live chat feature on gamedays for discussion in realtime.
Thanks again! Like I said before, you guys remind me of the Oregon State fans: Very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, loyal. I am privileged to interact with you -- I hate getting into pee'ing contests over trivial stuff -- you guys avoid that garbage.

Ha ha, we're saving up the "garbage" for Can't State University and their dozens of fans!!! Great having you on this forum 84. Feel free to stick around for the season.

I read that one on the Scout boards. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=4524450Thanks, Kid! Interesting that they've been discussing for two days but it hasn't shown up anywhere else. But, hey!, every story -- true or false -- starts somewhere.Also, we have a live chat feature on gamedays for discussion in realtime.
Thanks again! Like I said before, you guys remind me of the Oregon State fans: Very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, loyal. I am privileged to interact with you -- I hate getting into pee'ing contests over trivial stuff -- you guys avoid that garbage.

I think it is 500,000, but I'm not 100% sure.
Thanks for the input, PSU1. I was going to post on the CBSSports site -- somebody probably knows the exact number . . . .
That sounds low to me. I realize that each contract situation is different, but I think we got $650,000 from Wisconsin last year.
I was thinking the same thing. Wisconsin was $650k for a contract that was made quite a few years in advance. This game is a last-minute addition to the schedule, so I imagine the going rate should be a bit higher.
Boise St. gets $1.25 Million to face Hokies at FedEx. Now that is a nice pay day for a team scheduling a one-and-done. We should have gone with blue turf.