04 record?

mnhouse

Would Pitt come to the bowl?

Funny you mention that...

In 1998(?) the Zips played Pitt in football. We moved the game date to accomodate a September Pitt-Penn State game. In return, the Zips were to get a home-home Pitt hoops game, or a date with Pitt @ the Rubber Bowl. Our AD screwed up and didn't get it in writing...so Pitt backed out and we got nothing for moving the game date.

By the way...If you think that Pitt...after losing to Toledo in the Glass Bowl last season...will ever step foot in a MAC stadium again...you've been tokin' on some of Josh Cribbs' stash!.

Of course...if in the future the "Big LEast" begins to flounder due to the departure of BC, Miami and Va Tech...they may have no choice but to schedule MAC teams on a home/home basis. That would be pretty cool.

Or, I could see when the Zips open their new stadium they could bring in a Pitt-type team, because they could guarantee an attractive payout.

Guest Guest_Z.I.P.

I mentioned a couple times on Dreamwater that there were two references in the media to the cross-division games for 04 -- one by Ms Pluto in the Jerk'n Banal said we would play Northern Illinois this year, then Steve French at a bb halftime mentioned we were playing the BeeGees. How are the inter-division games figured out anyway? Seems like we haven't played UT or BSU in a looooong time. Hope we don't have to play the top three! That would be a real turnaround.

I heard Ball State at home and NIU on the road. But that may change. If we drop MTSU and get Pitt, they have to come to the Bowl. Otherwise we don't have 5 home games. And how is it going to work when BG and Wisconsin play at Cleveland stadium? Does neither team consider it a home game? That would eliminate the chance of many neutral site games. Same thing with the military academy vs the MAC that they are supposed to start.