Sign in to follow this  
ziptrumpet87

UA in the news

Plenty of other cities would love to host the national soap box derby, I'm sure. I'm wondering if the city already has a lien on it for the delinquent property taxes. Sounds like something's gotta give soon.

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:13 AM, ZippyRulz said:

Plenty of other cities would love to host the national soap box derby, I'm sure. I'm wondering if the city already has a lien on it for the delinquent property taxes. Sounds like something's gotta give soon.

The County handles property taxes, not the City.  And putting a lien on it does nothing except attach debt to the future sale of the property.  You can also sell the lien, but why would anyone want to "buy" an 84k debt on a worthless football stadium?.  These things tend to go on for many years before anything is ever resolved (See Rolling Acres). 

However, I always see this as a sign that the property investor is in trouble.  As that property tax debt continues to grow, they get to the point where they're never be able to recover. 

Again, I still wonder if this is all just a big publicity stunt for the marketing company. 

6 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

He has some eligibility left, right? 

He can finally play the TE position he has always wanted to play. 

When you're worth hundreds of millions of dollars, it might benefit you to take some college level accounting classes, at the very least.

I saw a guy on either CNN or FoxNews being interviewed as a voter in NE Ohio standing on the street.  And he was wearing a big AKRON ZIPS sweatshirt.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, skip-zip said:

I saw a guy on either CNN or FoxNews being interviewed as a voter in NE Ohio standing on the street.  And he was wearing a big AKRON ZIPS sweatshirt.  

Oh lord...hopefully he didn't embarrass himself.

That video would get more likes if he was in it wearing his cool Ohio State leather jacket.