How did you find Zipsnation?

Being relatively isolated in Maryland (although I was suprised how many Zips fans came to the games we played at Navy), around the time the Zips were in the MACC for football, I didn't have anyone else to share in the fun, so I happened to do a search and ran across ZipsNation at that time. I lurked for a while, figuring since I didn't live there I wouldn't have much to contribute but once I got the hang of how the site worked, I got bold and posted. Here I am a couple years later with a few hundred posts and living 360 miles from Akron and I have season tickets for football (still have family in the area) and have donated money to basketball and soccer. I dragged former Zips who knew nothing about us being in the Basketball title game this year to my house to watch it. I am fairly sure I would have never done any of that and would have continued to have felt isolated and detached from the Universitiy without ZNO. I've met a number of members on road trips (the Captain at the Pitt basketball game, GoZips out in Portland, JohnnyZip84 and SeeTeeZip at the Ball State game last year). I want people to know what a gem Akron really has, it ticks me off when people put it down like it is a glorified community college, it could not be further from that now. Kudos to the folks who started this board and the visionary leadership we have on campus now. I try to talk up the University whenever I can.As a side note, my girlfriend's son got a brochure from Akron. It could not have portrayed the University more poorly. It basically showed three kids on the front smiling in Akron shirts. Those were the only graphics. I brought her last weekend for the stadium tour and she was blown away by the campus, couldn't believe it was in the center of Akron. She also thought the brochure that was sent didn't even come close to representing the University the way it is now. We need to do better in representing the University in all aspects.

from a classmate... actually... hahawas sitting in class surfing the web. saw him on this site and checked out. registered and here i am. I dont think i remember anything from that class, come to think of it...

I am 99.999999999% sure that I found it during an internet search :D I remember thinking to myself how lame GoZips.com seemed to be once I had stumbled upon ZNO. OK, perhaps that's a little unfair but for good or bad this site (ZNO) is always more entertaining and informative.

For me it was the result of an internet search shortly after the site was created. I'm glad I found Zipsnation. It is the only source that I trust when it comes to Zips athletics. (GoZips.com - Weak at best, Beacon Journal - Poor. No where near what it should be - More concerned with Suckeye coverage)

• 3 years later...