MAC 2009 Defensive Preview

AKRON:rank.jpgTwo words for those stats; PA THETIC.If JD is to keep his job next year, these are the numbers that HAVE to change.Get pressure on the QB and STOP the run. Football 101.Bull, redo these stats before our last two home dates and I'll predict November home attendance numbers.

This is a repeat of another post on another thread, but you don't even mention DT Ryan Bain in this evaluation. That's a pretty big oversite.
Not a total repeat but I finished all the MAC schools... Sorry for the oversight..
I meant that my comment is a repeat. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for putting forth the effort :thumb:

Behold the 3-3-5!!!

AKRON:rank.jpgTwo words for those stats; PA THETIC.If JD is to keep his job next year, these are the numbers that HAVE to change.Get pressure on the QB and STOP the run. Football 101.Bull, redo these stats before our last two home dates and I'll predict November home attendance numbers.

Behold the 3-3-5!!!
from 2008 or this coming season? ;)Remind me in October..

Behold the 3-3-5!!!
from 2008 or this coming season? ;)Remind me in October..
My question is are they, or will they run the 3-3-5, the 4-3 or the 3-4 and be up front about it

My question is are they, or will they run the 3-3-5, the 4-3 or the 3-4 and be up front about it
The last thing they'll do is be up front about it. I hope Penn State prepares with the expectation of the same old stack and sees something entirely different.But quite honestly, I expect that the stack will remain the basic defensive set. Why? Because JD seems to believe in it, even if we all think he's out of his mind. That said, with the extra size and depth at DL, I bet we see a few more wrinkles on a situational and/or game-by-game basis than we have in past seasons.But heck, as a fan all I wanna see them do is stop somebody. I don't care much how they line up or what they call the defense.GO ZIPS! :champs:

The last thing they'll do is be up front about it. I hope Penn State prepares with the expectation of the same old stack and sees something entirely different.But quite honestly, I expect that the stack will remain the basic defensive set. Why? Because JD seems to believe in it, even if we all think he's out of his mind. That said, with the extra size and depth at DL, I bet we see a few more wrinkles on a situational and/or game-by-game basis than we have in past seasons.But heck, as a fan all I wanna see them do is stop somebody. I don't care much how they line up or what they call the defense.GO ZIPS! :champs:
If they still run the stack, I may have to kill myself. :(