2009 Football Theme Song

zippyfan34

My wife, as part of her honors project rewrote lyrics of Broadway songs to accounting (our majors) lyrics and sang them (she has a pretty good voice, especially compared to me). So I was thinking in the drive in to work today, that it would be pretty cool to take a song that most everyone knows and rewrite the lyrics to the 2009 Zips football team (similar to the "Mambo for the Tribe" from a few years back if anyone has heard of it). In talking with her she said she had some lyrics made up and also had a few songs and then would try to match them up with the correct syllables and rhyming and such.So my question to Zipsnation is what songs would you like rewritten about our Zips? My wife is more of a Broadway/country/oldies (not really an Avril Levine type) voice but she could do about anything if that helps out with song suggestions. After we select the song, we will create the lyrics (any input would be great) and maybe I'll post the final lyrics for everyone's input. We are planning in August to go to someone's house who has a makeshift recording studio in their basement (we've done it 4 or 5 other times for gifts to parents, Christmas CD's, etc.) and were going to add this to the list that she would sing. Then I can add it on Zipsnation before the first game for everyone. If it goes well, I can see a repeat for the basketball team later this fall.

Great idea! Here is my quick modification of the old Devo hit "Whip It". I figure the Devo/Akron connection couldn't hurt either. We'll ignore the whole Can't St art student thing :DLet’s go Zips!give the past the slip no time to crack gotta win the MACwhen a rival comes along you must Zip it before their QB hoists one long you must Zip it when JD says it’s wrong you must Zip it now Zip it get in shape beat ‘em up throw straight run forward use your head try to deflect it it's not too late to Zip it Zip it good when the Hoosiers come around you must Zip it oh yes the Big 10 is in town so let’s Zip it no team gets away until we Zip it i say Zip it Zip it good i say Zip it Zip it good

Johnny,Nice try. Far better than I could ever do. I'd sure as hell play it, especially to Devo's music. Well done buddy. Remember it's never too late to remind all that :screwks: But here's something to consider: our future lies beyond K.E.N.T. and the MAC. They will become, sooner or later, a fun team to play early in the season while we get ready for the games that really count. K.E.N.T. won't be one of them. Take it to the bank. WE are moving up. Maybe not soon, but it will happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what we came up with on our first pass. Still need to actually run through it to make sure it sounds, ok. Set to the music of Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats. Our lyrics set beside hers. We tried to incorporate a little of everything, offense, defense, special teams, cheerleaders, band, Zippy, and a few of our opponents. What are everyone's thought? Any tweaks we should make.Right now he's probably slow dancing Right now the fans in Happy ValleyWith a bleached-blond tramp Aren’t going to be thrilledAnd she's probably getting frisky Losing to the underdog ZipsRight now, he's probably buying Right now, Allex Allen plowingHer some fruity little drink Through into the endzone'Cause she can't shoot whiskey As the defender slips Right now, he's probably up behind her Right now, Jacq’ slings the ball to MillerWith a pool stick While Stec pins emShowing her how to shoot a combo Deep and Igor nails a 50 yarderAnd he don't know Our defense hits harder I dug my key into the side The band is playing Blue and Gold Of his pretty little souped-up 4 wheel drive And Bowser leaping for a catch for all to beholdCarved my name into his leather seat The enemy not knowing what to doI took a Louisville slugger to both head lights The cheerleaders flipping on the sidelinesSlashed a hole in all 4 tires The Zips come down hard in overtimeAnd maybe next time he'll think before he cheats You better give up now cuz you know you Fear The Roo Right now, she's probably up singing some Right now, BG Falcons fans are saying White-trash version of Shania karaoke Ay-Ziggy Zoomba Zips are #1 Right now, she's probably saying, "I'm drunk" Right now, Bain, Tonga, and Sewell causingAnd he's a thinking that he's gonna get lucky Havoc in the backfield with the QB on the run Right now, he's probably dabbing on 3 dollars Right now, the Indiana fans are saying thatWorth of that bathroom Polo The Zips are the Hoosier’s DaddyOh and he don't know In this parody That I dug my key into the side The band is playing Blue and Gold Of his pretty little souped-up 4 wheel drive And Bowser leaping for a catch for all to beholdCarved my name into his leather seat The enemy not knowing what to doI took a Louisville slugger to both head lights The cheerleaders flipping on the sidelinesSlashed a hole in all 4 tires The Zips come down hard in overtimeAnd maybe next time he'll think before he cheats You better give up now cuz you know you Fear The Roo I might've saved a little trouble for the next girl Jalil taking it to the house for a pick 6'Cause the next time that he cheats The Zips keeping the Wagon WheelOh, you know it won't be on me! Oh, Zippy in case you forgotNo, not on me Capital One mascot 'Cause I dug my key into the side The band is playing Blue and Gold Of his pretty little souped-up 4 wheel drive And Bowser leaping for a catch for all to beholdCarved my name into his leather seat The enemy not knowing what to doI took a Louisville slugger to both head lights The cheerleaders flipping on the sidelinesSlashed a hole in all 4 tires The Zips come down hard in overtimeMaybe next time he'll think before he cheats You better give up now cuz you know you Fear The RooOh, maybe next time he'll think before he cheats Oh, the Zips will be scoring touchdowns in MotownOh, before he cheats Oh, MAC ChampionsOh Oh

The lyrics set side by side didn't work too well. Here are just the Zips lyrics.Right now the fans in Happy ValleyAren’t going to be thrilledLosing to the underdog ZipsRight now, Allex Allen plowingThrough into the endzoneAs the defender slipsRight now, Jacq’ slings the ball to MillerWhile Stec pins emDeep and Igor nails a 50 yarderOur defense hits harderThe band is playing Blue and Gold And Bowser leaping for a catch for all to beholdThe enemy not knowing what to doThe cheerleaders flipping on the sidelinesThe Zips come down hard in overtimeYou better give up now cuz you know you Fear The RooRight now, BG Falcons fans are saying Ay-Ziggy Zoomba Zips are #1 Right now, Bain, Tonga, and Sewell causingHavoc in the backfield with the QB on the runRight now, the Indiana fans are saying thatThe Zips are the Hoosier’s DaddyIn this parodyThe band is playing Blue and Gold And Bowser leaping for a catch for all to beholdThe enemy not knowing what to doThe cheerleaders flipping on the sidelinesThe Zips come down hard in overtimeYou better give up now cuz you know you Fear The RooJalil taking it to the house for a pick 6The Zips keeping the Wagon WheelOh, Zippy in case you forgotCapital One mascotThe band is playing Blue and Gold And Bowser leaping for a catch for all to beholdThe enemy not knowing what to doThe cheerleaders flipping on the sidelinesThe Zips come down hard in overtimeYou better give up now cuz you know you Fear The RooOh, the Zips will be scoring touchdowns in MotownOh, MAC ChampionsOh

• 4 weeks later...
We have the song ready but it is about 3MB and it looks like we can only do attachments of 1MB. Any ideas of how I can post this it on here to get around this limitation?
One idea would be to upload it as a video on Youtube, along with a Zips slideshow or a (silent) video of highlights.

• 2 weeks later...