Ohio.com article on finding the Info

MaxZIP

http://www.ohio.com/news/51283972.htmlThis article is really dumb for many reasons. 1.) You can see the stadium from 2 major highways. 2.) people coming to the game from another school would most likely have tickets with the name of the stadium on it right along side of important info such as game time and seat number. 2.) Progressive field signs do not read Cleveland Indians Baseball Stadium (Progressive Field) nor do any other pro sporting venues. 3.) ARE FOOTBALL FANS REALLY THAT STUPID? AKRON IS NOT THE LARGEST CITY IN THE WORLD. 4.) Follow the traffic.

http://www.ohio.com/news/51283972.htmlThis article is really dumb for many reasons. 1.) You can see the stadium from 2 major highways. 2.) people coming to the game from another school would most likely have tickets with the name of the stadium on it right along side of important info such as game time and seat number. 2.) Progressive field signs do not read Cleveland Indians Baseball Stadium (Progressive Field) nor do any other pro sporting venues. 3.) ARE FOOTBALL FANS REALLY THAT STUPID? AKRON IS NOT THE LARGEST CITY IN THE WORLD. 4.) Follow the traffic.
It's safe to assume that more signs to the stadium will be erected for drivers to follow once exiting the expressway.Chalk this piece up to, "I have a column due tomorrow...what in the world am I going to write about?"

It's safe to assume that more signs to the stadium will be erected for drivers to follow once exiting the expressway.Chalk this piece up to, "I have a column due tomorrow...what in the world am I going to write about?"
Chalk every one of Dyer's articles up to that.

I have to agree that this article is pretty lame. Pretend your a moron and type just a few key words into google maps and you can figure out what the field is called and where it is located. This article would have made a little bit a sense twenty years ago, but with today's technology if you can't find a football stadium, even a new one, you should not be driving a car on the road. Stay home.

I have to agree that this article is pretty lame. Pretend your a moron and type just a few key words into google maps and you can figure out what the field is called and where it is located. This article would have made a little bit a sense twenty years ago, but with today's technology if you can't find a football stadium, even a new one, you should not be driving a car on the road. Stay home.
I think they have special buses for people who need to find the stadium. They are short and yellow and come with a complementary helmet.

I think they have special buses for people who need to find the stadium. They are short and yellow and come with a complementary helmet.
MaxZIP - It seems that most individuals who post on this site choose not to demean or defame others. You, on the other hand, choose to demean individuals with developmental disabilities for the sake of what you consider a cheap laugh. I will presume you simply had a brain cramp; if not, I would respectfully request that you keep your discriminatory comments to yourself next time.

MaxZIP - It seems that most individuals who post on this site choose not to demean or defame others. You, on the other hand, choose to demean individuals with developmental disabilities for the sake of what you consider a cheap laugh. I will presume you simply had a brain cramp; if not, I would respectfully request that you keep your discriminatory comments to yourself next time.
Yes. How insensitive of you MaxZIP - you big brute. :zzz:

Point taken. Just skip all of my posts to avoid any issues in the future.

For years, everyone complained that the Beacon doesn't run enough articles to get people interested. Now the Beacon runs an article that at a minimum will remind people about the new stadium and the team and I see complaints. I say, while it is about time, hats off to the Beacon for running the article. Wouldn't an article about where to park be handy in a few weeks as well?

For years, everyone complained that the Beacon doesn't run enough articles to get people interested. Now the Beacon runs an article that at a minimum will remind people about the new stadium and the team and I see complaints. I say, while it is about time, hats off to the Beacon for running the article. Wouldn't an article about where to park be handy in a few weeks as well?
You are right. At least they ran an article. It was an interesting read with a suprise ending.

Point taken. Just skip all of my posts to avoid any issues in the future.
Thanks for responding. Sorry if I was a bit harsh - but it's an issue that's pretty close to me. I should have tried to be a little less harsh. Looking forward to your future posts - and more importantly, once everyone finds the stadium (it's that big a$$ thing off rt 8) - GO ZIPS!

You are right. At least they ran an article. It was an interesting read with a suprise ending.
I have to admit, I was confused with the comments at the end. People actually seemed to be complaining that the article was pretty much a non issue. I am used to the people complaining part, but what I didn't see a lot of is the normal "Our taxes built the stadium and now we have to pay for signs to a stadium nobody will ever go to". Kind of thing.