Hard Hat Huddle Picture Thread

bUAkronG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the first time I've seen the back of the scoreboard. That banner just looks extremely tacky if you ask me.
I agree. It looks like it is up there half-hazardly also. Like it can be changed at any time. It doesn't sit very flush.DSC04442.jpg

I'm on my BlackBerry, so can't really do google image searches & copy'n'pastes. So could someone do an image search of Ohio States scoreboard? I just want to have a reference point by which to judge our new scoreboard. My first impression is that I like it. However, when I look @ it for more than 10b seconds, all those adds kinda make it look like a minor league baseball scoreboard (it looks much like Canal Park's scoreboard.) I just want to see what Columbus State does w their scoreboard. Is their scoreboard 1/2 advertisement space as well?

I'm on my BlackBerry, so can't really do google image searches & copy'n'pastes. So could someone do an image search of Ohio States scoreboard? I just want to have a reference point by which to judge our new scoreboard. My first impression is that I like it. However, when I look @ it for more than 10b seconds, all those adds kinda make it look like a minor league baseball scoreboard (it looks much like Canal Park's scoreboard.) I just want to see what Columbus State does w their scoreboard. Is their scoreboard 1/2 advertisement space as well?
Four Huge ads.scoreboard-modified.jpgAt least we aren't Oregon State.New%20Screen.JPG

It's basically the exact same thing, just wider, with 2 video boards that either be used as 2 or combines as 1 widescreen. There's only stats up on it in this pic.post-379-1249476016_thumb.jpg

That's the first time I've seen the back of the scoreboard. That banner just looks extremely tacky if you ask me.
I agree. It looks like it is up there half-hazardly also. Like it can be changed at any time. It doesn't sit very flush.DSC04442.jpg
The front looks just fine to me... though I'd like to see the video in action.It seems that the material on the back is probably not behaving as they predicted.I'll be that if they retrofit the ability to do one or both of the following to that, it would appear much better1) decrease the depression of the material into the gaps by increasing the matrix of backing support (or a flat surface all together)2) add the ability to stretch the material more pervasively from the edgesbut somehow I wonder if the material plan is somewhat temporary.I thought I saw a rendering of the backside with a video board that could run notices and ads.

Four Huge ads.scoreboard-modified.jpgAt least we aren't Oregon State.New%20Screen.JPG
Citi Field home of the new york mets wins by far with the most ads! Kinda reminds me of times square...citi-field-infield.jpg

Now don't go off hap-cocked, but my new favorite ZN word is "half-hazardly." ;)

to be brutally honest, I am really disappointed by the overall quality of the scoreboard. Of all the things people will be looking at the most, why skimp out on the scoreboard? Im sorry, but wrapping over a metal frame is going to look cheap and unprofessional, regardless of how nice you try to make it look.I look at the scoreboard and I see so much potential for it to be a true centerpiece for the stadium, but I feel as though they cut scoreboard costs to fund other areas that may not necessarily needed the money. Im sorry, but this is my only complaint about the stadium. Every other aspect has really above all my expectations except for this. I wish the University would have taken more consideration into this piece, but if that is what they decided to do, then so be it. It is what it is.

to be brutally honest, I am really disappointed by the overall quality of the scoreboard. Of all the things people will be looking at the most, why skimp out on the scoreboard? Im sorry, but wrapping over a metal frame is going to look cheap and unprofessional, regardless of how nice you try to make it look.I look at the scoreboard and I see so much potential for it to be a true centerpiece for the stadium, but I feel as though they cut scoreboard costs to fund other areas that may not necessarily needed the money. Im sorry, but this is my only complaint about the stadium. Every other aspect has really above all my expectations except for this. I wish the University would have taken more consideration into this piece, but if that is what they decided to do, then so be it. It is what it is.
It still light years better then that glorified HS scoreboard at the Rubber Bowl.I'm more disappointed with the light poles on the east side then the scoreboard.I've seen many so called high tech college scoreboards up close and the one at the Info is on par with them.LSU and Bama two big time programs just have LSU and big A on back of their multi-million dollar scoreboards. The front are similar to UofA just larger. The company that did UofA has done many around the country. Several of our posters have posted several here at this site and it easy too many schools have similar scoreboards to what's at the info.

I agree with everyone's opinions of the starkness of the scoreboard. I agree that it doesn't match up with those early sketches from two years ago. But in some ways...aren't we all kind of complaining that our new Mercedes Benz ML350 has a sunroof instead of a moonroof? ;) Besides ... remember, couldn't it be worse? :rolleyes:post-5249-1249534957_thumb.jpg
Wow! Where did you get a picture with all the lights working?

It still light years better then that glorified HS scoreboard at the Rubber Bowl.I'm more disappointed with the light poles on the east side then the scoreboard.I've seen many so called high tech college scoreboards up close and the one at the Info is on par with them.LSU and Bama two big time programs just have LSU and big A on back of their multi-million dollar scoreboards. The front are similar to UofA just larger. The company that did UofA has done many around the country. Several of our posters have posted several here at this site and it easy too many schools have similar scoreboards to what's at the info.
Oh I understand. Don't get me wrong, this scoreboard is more than we could have imagined at the Rubber Bowl. However, its the quality of the scoreboard versus the overall quality of the stadium that bothers me. With a structure that looks so beautiful, youd think theyd want a scoreboard that would tie in with the east and west structures. Oh well.As for the lights... seriously? You're really that sour over the lights? I can understand being sad they didn't go with the original rendered design, but are they really that much of a disappointment? Have you seen the pictures everyone has posted of them? They are lightyears better than nearly every high school stadium I've ever seen (Fawcett stadium doesn't count)For comparison purposes, see Cant's stadium and West Virginia's stadiumCan't: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dix_Stad...East_Stands.JPGWest Virginia: http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?section=7920THOSE look more like highschool than ours. Our towers have just as many if not more lights, but are also completely painted in UA Blue. Not trying to start an argument, just pointing it out.

Oh I understand. Don't get me wrong, this scoreboard is more than we could have imagined at the Rubber Bowl. However, its the quality of the scoreboard versus the overall quality of the stadium that bothers me. With a structure that looks so beautiful, youd think theyd want a scoreboard that would tie in with the east and west structures. Oh well.As for the lights... seriously? You're really that sour over the lights? I can understand being sad they didn't go with the original rendered design, but are they really that much of a disappointment? Have you seen the pictures everyone has posted of them? They are lightyears better than nearly every high school stadium I've ever seen (Fawcett stadium doesn't count)For comparison purposes, see Cant's stadium and West Virginia's stadiumCan't: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dix_Stad...East_Stands.JPGWest Virginia: http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?section=7920THOSE look more like highschool than ours. Our towers have just as many if not more lights, but are also completely painted in UA Blue. Not trying to start an argument, just pointing it out.
Love the conversations between pots and kettles. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

The word I keep using is Disappointed. I've never said I'm sour nor I'm I being negative. IMO, had they chosen the graphic design and used the five towers atop the east side stands vs three towers behind the stands is far better look IMO.But, I'm with G-Mann. Why can't I be disappointed in the choice of light poles?But, posters here can hate the scoreboard?

I think that regardless of the lights the upper deck on both sides makes it impossible to mistake for a high school stadium.
I love the the west side and the lights on top of the press tower. That's big time college look all the way.But, IMO the three poles behind the east side stands is slight disappointment IMO.Overall I'm still love Info and feel UofA has 1st class stadium.

But, posters here can hate the scoreboard?
I accept your disappointment. I was sort of less than thrilled with them after you pointed them out, but after seeing them on Monday I have no problem with them. They fit it to me, they don't stick out like they are cheap IMO. I hope you get to see them in person.

The word I keep using is Disappointed. I've never said I'm sour nor I'm I being negative. IMO, had they chosen the graphic design and used the five towers atop the east side stands vs three towers behind the stands is far better look IMO.But, I'm with G-Mann. Why can't I be disappointed in the choice of light poles?But, posters here can hate the scoreboard?
I was simply using the term as you seem to be frequently pointing out the less-than-stellar design of the lights. Sorry that I didn't choose the right words? Im sorry to this entire forum that I was simply trying to point out that he shouldnt be as disappointed as he makes himself out to be. I guess that my attempt to give useful information wasn't received well and I should just shut up.

But, posters here can hate the scoreboard?
I accept your disappointment. I was sort of less than thrilled with them after you pointed them out, but after seeing them on Monday I have no problem with them. They fit it to me, they don't stick out like they are cheap IMO. I hope you get to see them in person.
That could change my opinion. They do look far better in the postcard like pictures posted taken from the NW towards the Info. This picture remove much of my first disappointment when they were being installed. med_gallery_2_33_265871.jpg

For the record, I said I hate the BACK of the scoreboard. The front is fine, but that banner that clings to the steel supports makes the whole thing look cheap from Exchange.
Please take some of your stock portfolio gains from the last 6 months and send a check to Hunter Y for $250K and he will let you sponsor the back of the board. You can participate in the design. When the money shows up the temporary cover will be replaced. A chance to see you name in lights. Stop moaning about a minor temporary situation at a great new stadium.

For the record, I said I hate the BACK of the scoreboard. The front is fine, but that banner that clings to the steel supports makes the whole thing look cheap from Exchange.
Please take some of your stock portfolio gains from the last 6 months and send a check to Hunter Y for $250K and he will let you sponsor the back of the board. You can participate in the design. When the money shows up the temporary cover will be replaced. A chance to see you name in lights. Stop moaning about a minor temporary situation at a great new stadium.
Well I cant say I like the back either...but Ill live with it.The stadium is great!

The front looks just fine to me... though I'd like to see the video in action.It seems that the material on the back is probably not behaving as they predicted.I'll be that if they retrofit the ability to do one or both of the following to that, it would appear much better1) decrease the depression of the material into the gaps by increasing the matrix of backing support (or a flat surface all together)2) add the ability to stretch the material more pervasively from the edgesbut somehow I wonder if the material plan is somewhat temporary.I thought I saw a rendering of the backside with a video board that could run notices and ads.
And I'll be that if they retrofit the ability to prevent the wind from blowing over 5 mph it would appear much better.