Feedback.....

OLZIP

Tommy G...........

Hey :wave: nice job on the show tonight...........really! I thought you did great. I've listened as the show's evolved over the past couple years, and been impressed how UAM has worked it into a position where finally it might be signficant in the community. I could tell you did a lot of prep for the show, and it paid off. I think you'll get much more listener feedback and phone ins starting this fall................because of the foundation and your prep and style. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeel nice. OLZIP and ZP probably will call with some insignificant rant for you to fix up........... :D

Boss...........give that boy and his boss a raise :D

About Coach...............I don't know him (yet). I'm pulling for the program, but just don't have a good read on Coach B. (yet). I will say this, he moved up on the Z-P o-meter big time tonight by the manner in which he handled himself. What I mean by that is just this................he stays in the present and future. Understand? He's got plenty of opportunity to knock the past, but he always walks away from it and looks forward..............do you know what I mean? That shows me some heavy character.

I'd like to know more about his background, but never will................I'd guess he's been thru some real serious career and personal difficulty, and come away vastly stronger and more self confident because of it.............he shows that.

For example.....................he said this, and I'm sure he meant it............."if someone plays better than Superman, he'll get the job"...........now we all know how crazy that statement is, but know what? It's not so crazy. It's a peek at JD's character. It's a hidden statement about how he feels about himself.................he's going to do the best job he possibly can, and if it's not good enough in 04, he'll go give it hell in 05 and fix it. That's my read, and so far, I like it.

He gives me the impression that if everyone quit the team when the Boss let LO go, so be it..................he'd just get the hell to work and fix it...............I like that. forward focus, no finger pointing, no blame, no fault finding, just full steam ahead.

That's me though..............I'm into management styles..............a person is exponentially able to increase their effectiveness by the number of good and motivated people around them...............and other assorted cliches :chair:

That's it..............back into the Pinto in the morning, and in front of my machine for 8.

ll

Nice Read Z-P. Just like ZipDude I love you too :cheers:

Here is my take on Coach B:

Wow!!!! :rock: This guy is a breath of fresh air. I love the attitude. HE come across as a very strong man that knows how to run a program. And every one knows he is in charge a very strong leader. He is the type of coach I have been waiting for in Akron. The tpye of caoc hthat the players :wall: wil run thru a brick for. I love it that players have come up to him and said this is the toughest work out schedule they have ever had. Championships are won in the offseason and this year the Zips are taking this statement to heart. I also like to hear that the best 22 players will be on the field. Right now I am more pumped for spring ball then I have ever been.

To hear him say the defense is going to be flying to the ball and trying to confuse the offense get me more excited than the butt shots on the Soprano's!!!! :thumb:

Finally a defense that will take control of the game instead of wating to see what the offense does. I think being in the Steel city has rubbed off on coach B.

I say look out MAC the Zips mean business this year. :chair:

Love the hype, love the talk, sounds mighty wonderful but.................dammit I'm the Padre again...........................................................................

................................................................................

what really matters is where the Goodyear meets the road--------------on the field. I think it happens! It's such a breath of fresh air from the LO style of "gosh and gee willerkers...yada yada yada"

:nutkick:

I was really impressed after listening to zipslive, and I rarely feel that way after listening to those shows(all the ya ya ya excuses..we played a great game but...ya we SHOULD have a good team next season...bla..bla..bla). If recruiting and initial impressions are any idicators, I think we have a real steal.

This was really my first opportunity to see JD actually talk football as opposed to the Ra Ra press conferences. JD strikes me as a straightforward motivator. This guy seemed like he was on a mission and was itching to get on the football field and destroy anything in his path. I never felt that type of intensity when listening to LO. He always struck me as more of a politition and a nice guy than a football coach. I can see JD getting in these guys' faces if there is something he does not like. We need a coach who could rally a football team comming off such a disappointing season can show these guys that they can win. In the words of Larry Fitzgerald, "LOOK OUT MAC!"

He mentioned how the workouts were going, and I am encouraged to see the new staff pushing this squad to the limit. According to him, the guys were shocked with the new conditioning program. The added toughness will help these guys finish out close games with a W.

It seems like he is looking to answer the same questions that we have regarding who and where guys will play. We will definitelly have a clear picture of next year's football team after spring.

Hell, while we're "outgrowing the JAR," why don't we outgrow the bowl?? :D

Guest CK @ Home

Thank you Thank you Thank you to Tommy G and all involved for the Coach's interview tonight!! Tommy Gun ripped off the maximum amout of questions humanly possible in 28 minutes. Every question was one I wanted to hear the coach answer. You couldn't have done more in the time allotted.

Who was that idiot that called in? Wait...that was me! I hear it came through REAL good! ;)

I like that JD and staff spent 18 hour days reviewing tape from last season to determine the team needs for the 2004 recruiting class. I honestly didn't know if he was just taking "the best athlete available," or really trying to address some needs.

At signing day he stated that he'd rather not recruit JUCO's. Upon further review, seeing what he's presently got on the O and D-lines, he stated the creation of depth therein is his #1 priority for 2005's recruiting class. JUCO's were mentioned as a possible avenue. I thought that was good insight.

It is great to hear the conditioning has been upped a couple notches. If you look at most of the games we lost last season, petering-out when the game was on-the-line was a common thread (Can't, Wisconsin, Miami, UConn).

A little bird told me that LO, in his final few weeks, really got tough on the guys....obviously he knew his job was on the line. The little bird told me the guys really responded to it, and wished he'd have driven them harder earlier-on. My gut feeling is that, although the 6am workouts are grueling, the guys that are serious about winning relish them.

Did I hear a new commercial (car repair?)??!! Hallejulia! If I hear Beyonce Knowles sing that damn Pepsi commercial one more time I'm gonna vomit :puke: ...then shoot someone :gun: ...then vomit again!! :puke:

ILFTFSITF (I Live For Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays In The Fall) :rolltide:

Cool reverb on the question CK. Don't know if the live version had it, but the replay on the web has an awesome special effect on your question. :bow:

A similar birdie spoke to me a week or 2 before the end of hoops season regarding the football conditioning ... players have responded, but apparently it's much more intense than ever before.

CK - did you have your own radio OFF before calling? I heard it, too, and it sounded like that was the problem. Tommy G should have asked you to turn it off before letting you ask the question, assuming he could hear the reverb, as well. Unfortunately, I learned this from experience.

When is the spring game? Are they doing a social event like the bbq again?

I am up for this year, but not so much for the W-L record as the CHANGE. Change in focus, change in intensity, change in attitude. We play a much tougher schedule this year so the future might not be reflected in our final record...yet. I will be looking forward to improved defense, solid offense, and getting another recruiting class or two under JD's belt.

If they surprise us this year once or twice...great! Go Zippers!

We are going to blitz from everywhere??? That will be a change from blitzing from NOWHERE !

I like everything that JD has to say, what a breath of fresh air. As other posters have stated

the "we were one good break away from something" and golly gee attitude was wearing on me :zzz:

It's going to be fun to watch defense now. I agree with ZFF, steel city has influenced JD philosophies.

I can't wait to watch the D. I think he hit the nail on the head when he spoke of players being "good

on one play, and bad on the next" We all know to whom he speaks. I also like his deception on the

questions of what offense and what defense you will run. He wouldn't come out and say WC and 3-4.

I hear that JOPA had his radio tuned to 1350 last night in Sharon PA :D Can't wait for Sept 4.

164 days and counting. Do we need a counter somewhere on the board ?