Defensive Box is STACKED!

Blue & Gold

As I peruse the Zips' roster, I don't believe I've ever seen a Zips' team so incredibly stacked through the front seven. IMHO this is definitely BCS-caliber. If we transition to a 3-4, just look at this lineup.My un-informed 2-deep @ DL:1. Almondo Sewel 6-1 280 Jr.2. Ryan Bain 6-2 290 Sr.3. Phil Tonga 6-4 275 Jr.4. James Harvey 6-4 290 So.5. Hasan Hazime 6-5 255 So.6. Chris Henderson 6-2 325 Fr.Luxurious depth:Joe Rash 6-2 275 So.Dan Marcoux 6-3 275 So.Cowles Stewart 6-1 295 So.Shane Shead 6-3 230 So.Marquinn Davis 6-6 290 So.Deni Odofin 6-3 230 jr.My un-informed 2-deep @ LB:1. Mike Thomas 5-11 215 Jr.2. Shawn Lemon 6-1 235 Jr.3. Aaron Williams 6-0 205 So.4. Sean Fobbs 6-1 240 Jr.5. Brian Wagner 6-2 220 RFr.6. Nate Schuler 6-2 235 RFr.7. Will Flemming 6-4 205 Fr.8. Troy Gilmer 6-1 215 RFr.Luxurious depth:Da-Von Moore 5-11 220 So.Matt Little 6-3 220 So.That is crazy potential right there. I've got my fingers crossed, but I think that this year our defense is gonna strike fear in the hearts of the MAC.

In addition to the depth that you don't believe you've seen before on a Zips roster, I cannot believe that you used the term "LUXURIOUS DEPTH".I like it. It conjures up images of linemen on the sidelines wearing crowns, fur capes and being fed grapes whilst waiting for their call to go into the game. GO ZIPS. BEAT PISS STATE U.STZ

Now, if the coach can do someting with the talent. :D
That's the key...... Not only "can the coaches do something with the talent", can the talent come through in critical time of the game. This is what the Zips have been lacking for the past 20 odd years.

That's the key...... Not only "can the coaches do something with the talent", can the talent come through in critical time of the game. This is what the Zips have been lacking for the past 20 odd years.
The success of the season is inversely proportional to the number of times BirdZip uses the term "Crapped Down Their Legs."

I've actually thought that they've been rather good at that. every year under JD we've had atleast one game where they pull it out in grand fasion of course as I type this I can think of several times where they've "crapped down their leg" (trademark zips win)

"Three More Feet" doesn't actually refer to getting just one more yard on the football field. It's actually from an old motivational story that teaches when you feel like you've been defeated, you might be just "three more feet" from victory.The short version of the stroy is this:During one of the famed Gold Rush times, this man left home to find his fortune.While working his claim, he found a pocket of ore and returned home to borrow money from friends and family. He returned to his claim, purchased heavy equipment, and started drilling.The first haul was very rich in gold and he knew that after just a few more loads like this, he would be able to pay back his friends and family and start showing some profits.Then something happened.The gold ran out.He kept drilling but was coming up empty. Just short of being able to make his fortune, he declared the mine a "bust".Frustrated, and very upset, he sold the equipment to a junk man for several hundred dollars and went home to sulk and declare that the Gold Rush was just a big waste of his time and money.Meanwhile... back at the mine...The junk man went out to the mine and asked a geologist to give him an opinion. The geololgist did some research and said, "This poor guy just didn't understand fault lines. Our calculations show that you will hit gold just three feet from where this man stopped drilling.".So the junk man drilled.The junk man pulled millions of dollars in gold from the mine just three feet from where this man had given up. Many times, we ourselves are just three feet from gold when we feel defeated because of one thing or another and we just want to give up. But if we drill just three more feet, we'll reach our gold.

These are the first two guys I have ever heard of who drilled for gold. Most people mine for it. If they are going to drill for gold under Infocision, I recommend a slant drilling technique from outside the stadium. Otherwise, with the drilling rig sitting on the field someone could get hurt.
I apologize for not using the correct old prospector verbage in the story, Zipmeister. (Actually, it was copied and pasted from some marketing website.)

If they are going to drill for gold under Infocision, I recommend a slant drilling technique from outside the stadium. Otherwise, with the drilling rig sitting on the field someone could get hurt
I just wish I would have new about this gold when I lived in Brown

Just read Rasor's latest blog.... :unsure:

When I talked to J.D. Brookhart after practice, the coach mentioned there have been some injuries to the defensive line. He declined to mention names on video, but I know one of them is Phil Tonga, who was limping around with a hurt right leg/knee/ankle. On the other hand, Ryan Bain looked like he was participating fully today. He is an agile and powerful player

These are the first two guys I have ever heard of who drilled for gold. Most people mine for it. If they are going to drill for gold under Infocision, I recommend a slant drilling technique from outside the stadium. Otherwise, with the drilling rig sitting on the field someone could get hurt.
Today I saw a guy doing what I thought was drilling for gold. Then I realized he was just picking his nose while driving his car....