Yurachek to be named AD?

Blue & Gold

I'm on my BlackBerry so I can't copy a link for you, but check Rasor's blog. He's heard from an anonymous source that Hunter Yuracheck will soon be named our next AD.On the bright side, football season ticket sales have really taken off recently. On the other hand, Proenza wants someone to "take our program to the next level." Is that possible when hiring someone who was partly responsible for putting our athletics programs at the level (good or bad) they are presently?

I said at the beginning of all this that if the University conducted a national search and Yurachek turned out to be the best guy for the job, so be it. I'm just glad they did the search. I would love to see a list of finalists, though. I was hoping for somebody to come in with a bigger vision, somebody who would shake some things up that need it, but with Hunter it's going to be more of the same which isn't good for basketball attendance or marketing. Or getting screwed by the NCAA, which has happened faaar too often under Rhoades and Yurachek's watch.

I said at the beginning of all this that if the University conducted a national search and Yurachek turned out to be the best guy for the job, so be it. I'm just glad they did the search. I would love to see a list of finalists, though. I was hoping for somebody to come in with a bigger vision, somebody who would shake some things up that need it, but with Hunter it's going to be more of the same which isn't good for basketball attendance or marketing. Or getting screwed by the NCAA, which has happened faaar too often under Rhoades and Yurachek's watch.
I completely doubt the veracity of that post. They're bringing people in to interview. This is the rumor mill hard at work, folks, no matter who on the committee thinks this will happen.