Foundation Members Party

Blue & Gold

Yesterday I received an invitation to a private party for Foundation Members (I think that's what we season ticket holders are called, right?). It's on Friday night, September 11th from, oh, I forget, 7-11, or something along those lines. It's going to be on the roof of the bomb shelter.It costs $50 per person; you can invite a friend.Is anyone from ZNO planning on going? I wouldn't want to go and just be around a bunch of big $$$ donors. I'd feel like a fish out of water. But if there is going to be considerable showing of ZNO, I'll probably most definitely go!

Yesterday I received an invitation to a private party for Foundation Members (I think that's what we season ticket holders are called, right?). It's on Friday night, September 11th from, oh, I forget, 7-11, or something along those lines. It's going to be on the roof of the bomb shelter.It costs $50 per person; you can invite a friend.Is anyone from ZNO planning on going? I wouldn't want to go and just be around a bunch of big $$$ donors. I'd feel like a fish out of water. But if there is going to be considerable showing of ZNO, I'll probably most definitely go!
But it's business casual! B)

But it's business casual! B)

$50 a piece AND i get to wear business casual? wow, where do i sign up? sounds like a hoot. nothing's more fun than tailgating with middle management types in dockers , button downs, and loafers
hehehe....good oneEveryguy Mgr: "Hey there pal, are you a season ticket holder?!"Me: "Yes sir. I'm so excited for the new stadium and to see how all the new players do!" "Tailgainting should be interesting too."Everyguy Mgr: "Oh. Well, I don't know about any actual players on the team and dont think I'll be "in the lots" before the game, but thank you for your support to the University. Hey, do you play any golf?"Me: "Um, no.... Hey, I need to go talk to my buds" [i turn 180 degress away from the DUDE to grab another beer] :P

Oh, and lets lay off the dockers, button down shirt, and loafers....no reason to drag the Engineers into this! You should have at least added:"nothing's more fun than tailgating with middle management types in pressed dockers , pressed button downs, and loafers. A large percentage of Engineers don't know how to operate an iron. You would think one of them would have integrated it into the dryer by now!

I don't even understand the joke? The people on this board bitch when the athletics department does nothing and then when they try to do something nice that costs a little -- you make fun of it? What gives? This is exactly the kind of event I would suspect for the general season ticket holder. My wife and I are probably going to go and we're looking forward to it. It isn't a tailgate -- it is the night before the home opener -- kind of a preview night. There have been plenty of free things if you can't afford $50. I will then be up and tailgating early the next morning for the home opener.

I don't even understand the joke? The people on this board bitch when the athletics department does nothing and then when they try to do something nice that costs a little -- you make fun of it? What gives? This is exactly the kind of event I would suspect for the general season ticket holder. My wife and I are probably going to go and we're looking forward to it. It isn't a tailgate -- it is the night before the home opener -- kind of a preview night. There have been plenty of free things if you can't afford $50. I will then be up and tailgating early the next morning for the home opener.
I agree. I'll likely be there....and I'll be partying in lot #9 the following morning. :wave:

It's no joke. You've been invited. Perhaps they should have left off that word. Most invites don't come with a bill. Call it a fund raiser, that's what it is.

I agree totally. I don't think it is too much to expect graduates of a university to wear Dockers and a golf shirt to a University event. The cost isn't even very steep all things considered.Everyone wants a big time program. With a big time program comes big time costs. Welcome to big time college football in a big time stadium.The first ever Wake Forest game I went to I wore a t-shirt and crappy shorts and felt out of place because everyone was dressed so much better. I had to go out and buy a nice WF golf shirt and wear better shorts to fit in. That is what a college football game should look like in the adult section. Now everyone go out and buy a UofA golf shirt to wear to the football games.

I agree totally. I don't think it is too much to expect graduates of a university to wear Dockers and a golf shirt to a University event. The cost isn't even very steep all things considered.Everyone wants a big time program. With a big time program comes big time costs. Welcome to big time college football in a big time stadium.The first ever Wake Forest game I went to I wore a t-shirt and crappy shorts and felt out of place because everyone was dressed so much better. I had to go out and buy a nice WF golf shirt and wear better shorts to fit in. That is what a college football game should look like in the adult section. Now everyone go out and buy a UofA golf shirt to wear to the football games.
Do any of your posts not include a Wake Forest reference? Don't use invite on the paperwork. It is a fundraiser and trying to call it anything but fundraiser is disingenuous.

Do any of your posts not include a Wake Forest reference?
Yes they do.

maybe, just maybe, it cost money to set this thing up? and the 50 dollars will go towards setting it up? could that be? they'll be lucky to get around 200 people I would say. 1000 bucks isn't a very big 'fundraiser.' and considering the fact that the people that will actually show up probably donate much more than 50 dollars to the University, I doubt that this is a fundraiser. I think it's a nice classy event, be happy you get to experience the place before others. and be thankful the University is finally acting like it gives a damn about the fans.

maybe, just maybe, it cost money to set this thing up? and the 50 dollars will go towards setting it up? could that be? they'll be lucky to get around 200 people I would say. 1000 bucks isn't a very big 'fundraiser.' and considering the fact that the people that will actually show up probably donate much more than 50 dollars to the University, I doubt that this is a fundraiser. I think it's a nice classy event, be happy you get to experience the place before others. and be thankful the University is finally acting like it gives a damn about the fans.
200x50=$10,000 :iws:

d'oh. i'm an accounting major too. don't let jupitertoo see this.

just keep postin and get to the next page quick

just keep postin and get to the next page quick
lul*sympathy bump*problem will be if it keeps getting quoted right into the next page...

Things like that are OK for accountants.....it's only money, the print more every day! ;) Engineers on the other hand, we screw up, bridges collapse, spaceships crash, or worse yet, we have the accounting dept. cut us off!!! :wave: Of course, since I haven't found an OU Engineer yet, I doubt this is stressed in their classes!