Dakotah Euton

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just makes me even more curious about what our scholarship situation looks like for next year. Is there an indication that Green or Egner isn't coming or that one of their offers has been rescinded? Is there word that someone might be transfering out? Did Daryl Roberts NOT receive the scholarship from Parrish as was earlier reported?I'm with Watcher on this one though. Could be a huge get for the Zips. With only one PF (Cvetinovic) on scholarship after next year he could see some immediate playing time.

Have we figured out where this scholly is coming from?
McNight, Roberts and Conyers all graduate. Egner and Green will use 2 of the scholarships, that would leave one more available. Why is there confusion as to where the scholarship is coming from? Am I missing something here?
I thought Roberts would be coming back for a 5th year.

McKnight, Roberts and Conyers all graduate. Egner and Green will use 2 of the scholarships, that would leave one more available. Why is there confusion as to where the scholarship is coming from? Am I missing something here?
The confusion surrounds whether or not Roberts has 1 or 2 years left. And if he regains his 4th year of eligibility, does Roberts keep the Parrish scholarship or is on a 1 year basis?Conyers was listed as a senior last year, as Roberts is now. But he got the year back. Question is whether or not Roberts does the same.

McKnight, Roberts and Conyers all graduate. Egner and Green will use 2 of the scholarships, that would leave one more available. Why is there confusion as to where the scholarship is coming from? Am I missing something here?
The confusion surrounds whether or not Roberts has 1 or 2 years left. And if he regains his 4th year of eligibility, does Roberts keep the Parrish scholarship or is on a 1 year basis?Conyers was listed as a senior last year, as Roberts is now. But he got the year back. Question is whether or not Roberts does the same.
Thanks for clarifying.

Well let's hope that teammate was a ball hog who didn't pass up a bad shot he ever saw .. and failed to practice good hygene!! ;)I know next to nothing about EKU, but I do think Euton would be a nice addition to a deep, experienced squad at UA. Would probably be a situation where he would come in and be asked to contribute to a deep team, but be under less pressure to produce immediately. I hope he signs on. Seems to me like a Faulknor type shooter with more athleticism. While the UK fans seem to paint him in a negative light athletically .. he seems to get up and down the court well .. and that size & shooting ability would be quite welcome at the JAR, and later at the Plusquellic Pavilion / First Energy Forum / Dambrot Dome downtown.After the way that some UK fans apparently have treated him over the last 9 months .. maybe he'd like a fresh start in the Zips Nation.Whatever happens .. good luck to the guy. Nice to have him consider KD & the Zips!B) B) B) B)Go Zips!

Well let's hope that teammate was a ball hog who didn't pass up a bad shot he ever saw .. and failed to practice good hygene!! ;)I know next to nothing about EKU, but I do think Euton would be a nice addition to a deep, experienced squad at UA. Would probably be a situation where he would come in and be asked to contribute to a deep team, but be under less pressure to produce immediately. I hope he signs on. Seems to me like a Faulknor type shooter with more athleticism. While the UK fans seem to paint him in a negative light athletically .. he seems to get up and down the court well .. and that size & shooting ability would be quite welcome at the JAR, and later at the Plusquellic Pavilion / First Energy Forum / Dambrot Dome downtown.After the way that some UK fans apparently have treated him over the last 9 months .. maybe he'd like a fresh start in the Zips Nation.Whatever happens .. good luck to the guy. Nice to have him consider KD & the Zips!B) B) B) B)Go Zips!
Yeah, I'm really not sure where all the athleticism rips are coming from. I've watched some video on him and while he doesn't run like a gazelle and jump out of the gym like Zeke does, he doesn't seem to have any trouble keeping up with the pace of the game. If you listen to UK fans you would think he was a Zydrunas Ilgauskas type who struggles to lumber up and down the floor. That's not it at all. He's able to keep up with his team on the fast break without any problem at all. Again, I wouldn't call him a world class athlete. But to talk about him as an athletic liability is a major exageration.

Yeah, I'm really not sure where all the athleticism rips are coming from. I've watched some video on him and while he doesn't run like a gazelle and jump out of the gym like Zeke does, he doesn't seem to have any trouble keeping up with the pace of the game. If you listen to UK fans you would think he was a Zydrunas Ilgauskas type who struggles to lumber up and down the floor. That's not it at all. He's able to keep up with his team on the fast break without any problem at all. Again, I wouldn't call him a world class athlete. But to talk about him as an athletic liability is a major exageration.
It is all relevant. Compared to the recruits Kentucky is bringing in, he is not very athletic. Compared to other teams in MAC, he would fit in just fine.

If you listen to UK fans you would think he was a Zydrunas Ilgauskas type who struggles to lumber up and down the floor. That's not it at all.
Yeah because we would hate to have a Zydrunas Ilgauskas type of player with the zips. That would be a terrible thing. A 7-2 all star with a great mid range shooting ability but not very athletic. Even Kentucky would hate to have a guy like Z. :wall: If he stayed commited to kentucky, you would have seen other stuff on their boards now. Now that he isn't, why don't you all join me in prayers that Dakotah decides to become a zip.

I suppose those who are interested only in the most athletic players would have also taken a pass on Larry Bird.EKU appears to have no major advantages over UA. The team only averaged about 2,000 per home game in a 6,500-seat arena, and the OVC is certainly not superior to the MAC. I think a lot will depend on how Euton connected with KD and the rest of the coaching staff. He seems like a perfect fit for KD's system, and I hope he arrived at the same conclusion during his visit.I think it's a good sign that he was originally going to visit five campuses, and then said right after visiting UA that he was going to choose between UA and EKU without visiting other campuses. The wild card is how badly he wants to stay close to home. I'm cautiously optimistic.

If you listen to UK fans you would think he was a Zydrunas Ilgauskas type who struggles to lumber up and down the floor. That's not it at all.
Yeah because we would hate to have a Zydrunas Ilgauskas type of player with the zips. That would be a terrible thing. A 7-2 all star with a great mid range shooting ability but not very athletic. Even Kentucky would hate to have a guy like Z. :wall: If he stayed commited to kentucky, you would have seen other stuff on their boards now. Now that he isn't, why don't you all join me in prayers that Dakotah decides to become a zip.
I suspect you've taken my comment about Ilgauskas and it's relation to Dakotah out of context. I love Big Z as much as the next guy. But anyone whose been around the NBA would have to admit that he has a very particular set of skills and getting up and down the floor quickly isn't one of them. If you listen to the UK fans you would think that Dakotah is the same kind of guy and he just isn't. He's got the outside shot and the soft touch, but he can also get up and down the floor just fine. Nothing against either guy and I would love having Dakotah just as much as anyone else.

I think it's a good sign that he was originally going to visit five campuses, and then said right after visiting UA that he was going to choose between UA and EKU without visiting other campuses. The wild card is how badly he wants to stay close to home. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Do you have the source for that statement (i.e., publication?) I would love for it to be just between us and the Tobacco Pickers.

The link to the Jerry Tipton column in my post # 14 in this thread takes you to a quote from Dakotah's father saying his son planned to visit five schools in September and October, and then make his decision in November.The link in post #27 leads to a story quoting Dakotah as saying he is going to make his decision early after visiting UA and EKU, and will not take any other visits.

Yes, I vote we pray. Then if he doesn't come here we can blame God. :nutkick:

Yes, I vote we pray. Then if he doesn't come here we can blame God. :nutkick:
A lesser man would say "just like your parents did" right here. But I am above all that. :nutkick:

I just spent some time watching all of the YouTube videos on Euton, and now have a better understanding of where both the compliments and critiques are coming from.He's not athletic in the sense that he doesn't have great vertical leap or dazzling speed.But he makes up for that with heart and effort. He reacts quickly, and he's always running at full speed, so he's often the first or second player down the court on an offensive or defensive fast break. He gets good position and has good timing to get rebounds over players who can jump higher. His ball-handling and passing are above average for a big man, and he's always looking for the open man. He can mix it up inside or pop it in from mid-to-long range.I'm guessing he has a heart like Linhart, but more size and better all-around skills. From all I can find out, he's a true team player with strong family ties and personal values. I think he would be a big asset to the Zips team, and that he would benefit from playing in the UA program under KD.I like him a lot, and would love to see him in the frontcourt alongside Zeke.