QB Recruit Zach D'Orazio

So D'Orazio is not only the QB, but also the kicker, punter, and a DB for CHHS. That's impressive. I love to see players that are actual "football players", who are athletic enough to do anything the coach might ask.Also, Ritossa looks like he will become a gigantic TE who can catch the ball. He will be a player that we'll need to find a way to get him the ball on offense. Time to change the "invisible TE" offense we run now.

Isn't Cuyahoga Heights like division X or something? I think they only have 30 guys in the school .. so he probably does the laundry too.
And does so quite well thank you. He also lines the field before the games and plays trumpet in the marching band before the game and at half time. Has been relieved of singing the national anthem and no longer vends frankfurters in the stands when the the defense is on the field. There was some concern that he was not a team player when he dumped the hot dog gig.

Isn't Cuyahoga Heights like division X or something? I think they only have 30 guys in the school .. so he probably does the laundry too.
I believe both schools are Division 5.BTW - LB Brian Wagner, arguably the Zips best defender, hails from a Division 6 school. As does The Great Captain Kangaroo (did GP1 patent "The Great"?).D'Orazio looked very impressive. I don't know if he'll end up as a QB @ UA, but he's an amazing athlete. Exciting to watch!

What I saw from D'Orazio was impressive. Not so sure about the pick in the endzone over Ritossa but...The kid seems to be quite the athlete. But someone get him a couple Galley Boys or something (probably burned like 15,000 calories during that game) playing every side of the ball, (kicker, punter, DB, QB) heck I think he was running the camera for part of the postgame talk and I saw him leading a few cheers on the sidelines too.

BTW - LB Brian Wagner, arguably the Zips best defender, hails from a Division 6 school. As does The Great Captain Kangaroo (did GP1 patent "The Great"?).
I think Captain has already described his salad days at old McDonald High. :D
McDonald: 5 - 0 this season, and #10 in the state! :champs: (gotta use this until I can Photoshop an "ICL Champs" smilie)

• 1 month later...
D'Orazio is being recruited as a Safety.http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/4705145
That's good information. We could use a ball-hawking safety, ala the one we'll see in the "other blue and gold" tomorrow.Did you recognize the name of Zach's opposing coach? He should be familiar to Zip fans.
I thought so. Matt was a fullback, right?
Yes indeed :thumb: Matt was a competent FB an special teams player for LO. I believe he played at Waynedale (I know it was in Wayne County)

D'Orazio is being recruited as a Safety.http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/4705145
Forget Safety...dude can kick !D'Orazio has rushed for 873 yards and six TDs on 70 attempts, while also passing for 864 yards (43-for-70), 13 TDs and just two interceptions. As a kicker, he's only missed one PAT and converted 2-of-3 field goals. Fullback-linebacker Alec Torgerson has rushed for 835 yards and 17 TDs