"Official" 2010 Head Coach Prediction:

xu9697

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously our defense sucks.. the 3-3-5 is not workin out.. but that is why you need a competent DC.. i just dont think that right now you can hope to win the MAC without a spread offense that can move the ball and put the defense in bad situations. especially out of conference games. if we ever want to beat a BCS school its not going to be becasue we have better players. its gonne be because we can move the ball and score tds. just like CMU is doing right now. most of the MAC is spread right now.

Rivals Defensive Coordinator Power Rankings From the beginning of the seasonI would give Narduzzi and Tenuta an interview from that list (both familiar with the MAC). Maybe Bennett.
I thought his name rang a bell? "A Youngstown, Ohio, native, Narduzzi earned all-state football honors at Ursuline High School. He played for his father Bill Narduzzi at Youngstown State as a freshman in 1985 and led the Ohio Valley Conference in tackles. Narduzzi then transferred to Rhode Island and became a three-year starter linebacker for the Rams from 1987-89."

I have read about the guy at Tennessee, his experience there this year could be important for those of you that hate the defense we run, since they have one of the best defensive minds that has ever coached football. Maybe we should have lent Tennessee our defensive coaches for the year and then brought them back. Also, I hear Nu'Keese Richardson and a few other UT players may be available next fall.

Rivals Defensive Coordinator Power Rankings From the beginning of the seasonI would give Narduzzi and Tenuta an interview from that list (both familiar with the MAC). Maybe Bennett.
I thought his name rang a bell? "A Youngstown, Ohio, native, Narduzzi earned all-state football honors at Ursuline High School. He played for his father Bill Narduzzi at Youngstown State as a freshman in 1985 and led the Ohio Valley Conference in tackles. Narduzzi then transferred to Rhode Island and became a three-year starter linebacker for the Rams from 1987-89."
Narduzzi seems like a good one, knows Ohio and recruiting here, I also heard their staff just got a visit from the kid from St. V-M, Dorian Grant. Looking at his history, Narduzzi has moved up quick, and his boss at Michigan State was really the key in OSU's championship. From the experience from the Dantonio tree, he has a mix of influences from Tressel to Saban to Mason. These guys also led UC into the Big East and laid the foundation for Kelly to be a success. As you can see from my previous posts, building something where there was not success before is very important to me. As far as Tenuta, why has he not had an opportunity yet? He was on Coopers staff at OSU as DC, led the Georgia Tech D, was supposed to go with Les Miles to Michigan before they lost their minds and hired Rich Rod, and was a finalist for Michigan State before Dantonio got it. I don't think we are in his league to be honest, but after this year in South Bend maybe he would be available to at least talk about.

since everyone is throwing out names...John Lockhardt...California,Pennsylvania and Scott Browning Edinboro State...y'all can check their records they are more than solid...these guys recruit areas that need to be recruited by the Zips...they have and are running winning successful programs and make the DII playoffs, both again this year...Browning has ohio connections also...these guys look like stability which this program hasn't had...look a little closer to home and look for someone who has been a head coach

since everyone is throwing out names...John Lockhardt...California,Pennsylvania and Scott Browning Edinboro State...y'all can check their records they are more than solid...these guys recruit areas that need to be recruited by the Zips...they have and are running winning successful programs and make the DII playoffs, both again this year...Browning has ohio connections also...these guys look like stability which this program hasn't had...look a little closer to home and look for someone who has been a head coach
The PSAC is not a very good conference at all, I grew up in Pennsylvania and have seen those schools play. I would be very disappointed if we got a coach from there. Especially "Boro", Edinboro is def a ghetto and is worse than Can't state haha. I think we need either a FCS HC or someone from FBS.

does anybody know about the coach from app state.i wonder what it would take to get him from $ standpoint.they have been one of the top 1-aa teams for a few years.i just wonder if he would be interested in the job.what we would pay him might not be much more than he is making now?

You know how those Search firms get huge chunks of money for rustling up coaching candidates?
It's amazing they make as much as they do to do what they do. From what I've heard, there are only a couple of these firms and all you are really paying for is confidentiality. Athletic departments around the country a full of blabbermouths and word would get out as to who was looking at each job. These firms keep things quiet for as long as possible until the process moves forward to the point where a small group of candidates is comfortable with their name getting out as a candidate.Loose lips sink ships and they also cost athletic departments a ton of money in finders fees.

Maybe we can get a coach that can forge a relationship with Ted Ginn Sr and get one or two Glenville players and increase visibility in the Cleveland area, I'm tired of being shown on the news with the Baldwin Wallace highlights.
I would avoid Glenville like the plague. Battling 25 other schools for player is insane. It is the most over-recruited school in the nation. The Zips can never win there.Furthermore - We had crap luck with the three Glenville kids we recruited back in JD's first year (0 - 3)...and it always seems I'm reading about some Glenville-schooled collegiate player in the local police blotter.

Maybe we can get a coach that can forge a relationship with Ted Ginn Sr and get one or two Glenville players and increase visibility in the Cleveland area, I'm tired of being shown on the news with the Baldwin Wallace highlights.
UofA gets plenty of NE Ohio kids. That isn't the problem. Being on the news with BW is not the problem. The problem is UofA is not giving someone from Cleveland or Lakewood or Lake Co., etc. a reason to drive 60+ miles to watch a football game. The product is bad. When they do, people from Cleveland will come. There are enough people in Summit and Stark Cos. to draw from...heck, there are enough alumni in those conties to draw from.We go through cycles where Zips fans think bringing in more NE Ohio kids will draw bigger crowds. Each time we have tried it, failure has followed. Let's bring in kids who are good enough to win in the MAC and want to win....not play in a new stadium as their primary motive.

UofA gets plenty of NE Ohio kids. That isn't the problem. Being on the news with BW is not the problem. The problem is UofA is not giving someone from Cleveland or Lakewood or Lake Co., etc. a reason to drive 60+ miles to watch a football game. The product is bad. When they do, people from Cleveland will come. There are enough people in Summit and Stark Cos. to draw from...heck, there are enough alumni in those conties to draw from.We go through cycles where Zips fans think bringing in more NE Ohio kids will draw bigger crowds. Each time we have tried it, failure has followed. Let's bring in kids who are good enough to win in the MAC and want to win....not play in a new stadium as their primary motive.
I dont think that getting those kids is necessarily a problem, but just in talking football with a lot of people in the Cleveland area, the real high school fans know Nicely for example, and are paying attention to how he is doing even if they don't care about Akron football in general. I just know there is a lot of talent up there, and we need to take some of it, and also see this weekend as a big opportunity with 2 of the best high school football programs in the country coming to Infocision. I know the goals before this season have diminished, but the possibility of ever leaving the MAC is likely tied into getting part of Cleveland to notice what happens here, and Akron does have this advantage to exploit being that this is a large market, but it has to start with winning football games.

I know the goals before this season have diminished, but the possibility of ever leaving the MAC is likely tied into getting part of Cleveland to notice what happens here...
We've had a D-1 football team for 23 years and we have a combined 1 bowl appearance. We aren't exactly fast-tracking ourselves out of the MAC.I think that we should invoke a law on ZN that no one is allowed to discuss moving to a bigger conference until the Zips both:1.) Win a D1 football bowl game2.) Win an NCAA basketball tournament game

Lets see, if a coaching change is made by the AD you'd have to think he'd be interested in guys he's familiar with. The AD came from Minnesota. We'd want a guy with Ohio ties.Glenn Mason, anyone?Still, if a change is made I'd like to at least see some form of continuity with the QB...changing Nicely's coaches could set him back a step that is why Walt Harris would probably be right at the top of the list. That being said, if Brookhart is given the axe, would Harris be interested in staying at a school that got rid of the guy who brought him there in the first place?

The PSAC is not a very good conference at all, I grew up in Pennsylvania and have seen those schools play. I would be very disappointed if we got a coach from there. Especially "Boro", Edinboro is def a ghetto and is worse than Can't state haha. I think we need either a FCS HC or someone from FBS.
get real...a ghetto!!!??? who made you god? i have followed IUP football and the PSAC for years...Frank Cignetti... 182-50?i don't know..i may have more relatives in western pa. than most...oh...esu won their first playoff game...i think california got a first round bye?...esu,cal and stroud are still in....where are you from?

get real...a ghetto!!!??? who made you god? i have followed IUP football and the PSAC for years...Frank Cignetti... 182-50?i don't know..i may have more relatives in western pa. than most...oh...esu won their first playoff game...i think california got a first round bye?...esu,cal and stroud are still in....where are you from?
a no no...replying to my own post.... Cignetti is a coord at...gasp Pitt was at Cal......check his record as head coach at Indiana,Pa...my want to consider this one...

With UConn's thrashing of the Irish yesterday the future coaching situation at UA is becoming much clearer. I expect an announcement in the not to distant future that the U will be hiring Jim Dennison as HC. Not that they actually want him to coach, but so that we can continue a tradition and fire him to then hire Charlie Weis. :puke: