"Official" 2010 Head Coach Prediction:

xu9697

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a couple of guys with experience, just for conversation (not that I realistically expect any hires like this):First, is Jeff Jagodzinski, who got fired from BC for talking to the Jets, then bombed as coordinator for the Tampa Bay Bucs and was fired before the season. Apparently he wanted back into NFL coaching (as head coach), which is why he tested BC and then got fired, but after the situation in Tampa he probably needs to get back into the college game if he ever wants another shot in the NFL, which may not ever happen. A guy like that may be had a lot cheaper than the 1.5 mill BC was paying him... and would likely get us to a higher level then leave, and turn it over to one of his assistants. I would gladly take it if the program took steps forward and is better than we are now.Also, his former O coord at BC is Tampa's Current RB coach, Steve Logan, who was successful at ECU for a decade. He produced 3 NFL QB's there, but is a little older (born 1953) than a lot of candidates. At ECU, he went to 5 bowls in 11 years. He wants back into the College Head Coaching game eventually.Last, there is always is Walt Harris, whose relationship with Nicely at this point would be a benefit.

After browsing a little more on the internet, I stumbled upon a D-2 coach who is very intriguing. He's Blaine Bennett of top ranked (D-2) Central Washington. His team has been dominant (see 1st link) in all phases this year against a strong (by D-2 standards) schedule. While he is a native of Washington, he has spent some time as a assistant in the midwest (Purdue, Michigan St.). Below (2nd link) is an old bio from when he was hired by Central Washington in January of 2008.Linky1Linky2Note: I had NO idea that since there are so few D-2 teams out west, many of them play "home and home" each year. Strange.

After browsing a little more on the internet, I stumbled upon a D-2 coach who is very intriguing. He's Blaine Bennett of top ranked (D-2) Central Washington. His team has been dominant (see 1st link) in all phases this year against a strong (by D-2 standards) schedule. While he is a native of Washington, he has spent some time as a assistant in the midwest (Purdue, Michigan St.). Below (2nd link) is an old bio from when he was hired by Central Washington in January of 2008.Linky1Linky2Note: I had NO idea that since there are so few D-2 teams out west, many of them play "home and home" each year. Strange.
And they beat Humboldt State -- twice in three weeks! :D

K.C. Keeler - HC, U of Delaware Blue HensorBobby Hauck - HC, U of Montana GrizzliesThese guys have built these respective universities into two perennial D-IAA powers.
I'll update my post and bump it up.K. C. Keeler - HC, DelawareBobby Hauck - HC, Montana
I researched both of these guys a little, here is what sticks out to me. Both coach at schools with a history of success, and both were winning lots of games before they got there. Second, both have a lower win % than their predecessor. So, neither have built a winning program, or winning tradition. Akron is not the job to walk into and keep our tradition going, that's not acceptable. We need someone to build this program, to me neither have proved that. Its the same debate I have on national forums of people in love with Peterson at Boise and Jones at CMU. Watch what they do once they both get other jobs, as they both stepped into programs already in good situations.

I know this is the official thread and all, but there are some other thoughts previously stated on the matter. This thread was started Nov 2ndMitch Browning has ties to our new AD as CK previously suggested back in late October. Many other thoughts in that link also.
Regarding Mitch Browning -- I remember that before Brookhart took the job, a coordinator from Minniesota turned us down -- was that Mitch? Think he would give us any more chance this time?

I know this is the official thread and all, but there are some other thoughts previously stated on the matter. This thread was started Nov 2ndMitch Browning has ties to our new AD as CK previously suggested back in late October. Many other thoughts in that link also.
this guy is a graduate assistant?...is that right!?
He is a grad assistant because he is still getting a full salary from Syracuse. He didn't need the paycheck. He just wanted to stay active in D1 football.I wonder if Walt Harris is getting a salary from UA on top of the $800k he's getting from Stanford in 2009?

One more thing wilth Molnar is that if kelly leaves cincy for ND or wherever theres gonna be a shakeup within the program. Maybe some recruits will decommint and find a home at UA. Probaly wouldnt take them to nd with him. and maybe bring a couple assistants with him. good to have guys that know how to win and have done it on this level.