GP1

@Penn State, Sept 6th 2014

So in the future, our schedule looks something like this:

2011: @OSU, @UC, VMI, FIU

2012: @Tennessee, UCF, @ FIU

2013: @UCF, LA-Lafayette

2014: JMU, @PSU

2015: @VT, @LA-Lafayette

Ugghhhh...I am sick and tired of playing Penn State! Play a different Big 10(12) school so I can travel to a new stadium. Play Minnesota, Mich St, Northwestern, Illinois, Iowa, somebody please! No more Indiana, PSU or Ohio State, blah.

I would rather play Pitt over any Big Ten school.

Ugghhhh...I am sick and tired of playing Penn State! Play a different Big 10(12) school so I can travel to a new stadium. Play Minnesota, Mich St, Northwestern, Illinois, Iowa, somebody please! No more Indiana, PSU or Ohio State, blah.

I would like to see a WVU 2 for 1.

I would like to see a WVU 2 for 1.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

• 7 years later...

Apparently we're making $1.8 million to play the Sucks.

I always like this matchup.  Any chance to hold our own, or, heaven forbid, pull the improbable upset, is great.

I was at the game when the halftime score was 3-2, Sucks.  I think they kicked a field goal on the last play of the first half?  I think they ended up winning 24-2, but none-the-less, we looked like we belonged.

This is such a great recruiting matchup for us. It gets our name into the minds of the Columbus-area recruits who might not be good enough for significant playing time at OSU, but want to stay somewhat close to home. That actually goes for a lot of OSUcks-fan-recruits in general. 

I can see it now. Ramart leads us on a game-winning drive to beat the Suckeyes. 

• Like 1

Money talks. Reality of college football. 1.8M is basically 2 of these pay day games. Worth the most likely blowout honestly.

I have more interest in it being vs OSU than Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Penn State, or Michigan. I'm sure the players/recruits feel the same way.

I thought the B1G was doing away with scheduling us lowly G5 programs though.

Edited by LZIp

7 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Northeast Ohio, I know I know.. Wonder how much respect we have leftover from the last time we beat them in 1894

Oh I could give a crap about LeBron's BS. Haha. I just think a good showing can earn us some respect, while also pocketing over a million dollars. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Buffalo will also play in Columbus (in 2020, I think).  Looking forward to wearing blue in that sea of ugly red in order to cheer on my nephew QB!

Edited by Cykron
  • Like 1